Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Since Tira DLC is getting so much hate, they could just say “ oh since the fans want her we’ll make her free!” and instead could hold back another character that was supposed to be released with game like the wizard or hwang. But this time they could reveal after the roster is done. Won’t happen but it’s a thought.

He means you can make a character with Algol's attire, but you can't use Algol's style for your CaS.
That's why I said I didn't know about Wizzie ;)

Since Tira DLC is getting so much hate, they could just say “ oh since the fans want her we’ll make her free!” and instead could hold back another character that was supposed to be released with game like the wizard or hwang. But this time they could reveal after the roster is done. Won’t happen but it’s a thought.
That won't happen because the final build is done and Tira isn't (or wasn't a week ago) 100% complete. They can't modify the game that much now.

Um, just look at him, the style looks nothing like Sophitia. Are you trying to say he'll appear, but will never be fought? It makes no sense. You don't cut out someone who fills a unique roll like him, after you showed him in the story.

What style? All I see is a picture that tells us next to nothing, especially now that there is a possibility Lizardman could be a CaS creation.

Why do you think they included Zasalamel? Because he is popular because he will fit well in the SC1 and SC2 era, or because he had an unique weapon and they are trying to make as many different characters as possible. It's definetly money.
We knew about the season pass for soooo long. Someone had to be the pre-order character, even Vege said at some point that Zas was supposed to be that character.
It's not like they suddenly decided to add 1 character to the season pass and say that was Tira because they just saw how popular she was and how many people were asking for her. XD
I'm not buying it, DLC is DLC and Bamco just want to make money, not that there's anything wrong with it.

Zasalamel is different as he’s immortal and has history with the swords, a history that expands the current narrative.
His potential is unlimited based on that preset.
And makes sense as to why he seems to act as some sort of guide to Libra of soul and why he was added before any SC2/3 characters.

SC3 characters seem to have a strong fan base it’s just a matter of how and when.
We should remember Ivy was the first bad ass female to serve nightmare.
I guess with the game being a reboot they didn’t want to take that away by adding a rivalry or aging Tira.

So the only way to realistically add her without forcing her in would be for her to have an origins story or have her star in the games epilogue.
This is made viable based on her involvement in the story previously and her popularity but there’s no mistaking it there was a big opportunity to sell that separately.

latest

That's why I said I didn't know about Wizzie ;)

Wait a sec, since we don't know the name of the wizard character, and we're not sure if Azwel is really his name, I feel like we're missing out on a great opportunity for a temporary name for him, until we know for sure.

I hereby decree he is... Wizardman.

Wait a sec, since we don't know the name of the wizard character, and we're not sure if Azwel is really his name, I feel like we're missing out on a great opportunity for a temporary name for him, until we know for sure.

I hereby decree he is... Wizardman.

So Waeon for SC 7.

I was all excited to be able to make CaS wizards now then you went and said that, then I remembered Algol's dumb ass and now I'm really effing nervous.

Algol was i think too difficult for the dev team because his moveset involves "appearing/disappearing" weapons that come out of his body. I can see how complicated that would be for varying heights and sizes on CAS. You could at least edit his model in SC5 where it was totally not available in 4 but with access to less pieces than anyone else (he probably still wasn't as bad as Aeon though).

As long as the wizard's moveset isn't complicated in that regard, there should be no excuse why he isn't CAS able. That said, i have a feeling this guy is going to be completely unappealing and stupid. He just looks too much like a very generic wizard to me.

I wonder what about Tira was complicated that she "almost didnt make it"?

I'm also a bit concerned about his "multiple color" options comment. Does that mean they've removed the color edit feature? Because why else would there even be color choices?

I GUESS it doesnt matter if we can just use the parts in CAS to remake the character with whatever colors anyway... if we can indeed do that.

Last edited:
I wonder what about Tira was complicated that she "almost didnt make it"?

I'd imagine she wasn't in the original story script. No one was really showing a huge interest until after they revealed Talim. By that time the development was probably pretty far along and the roster was likely already finalized. After seeing Tira's popularity sky rocket after Talim's reveal they likely knew she had to make it in right away. I assume if fans saw the final roster without Tira there would be a lot of disappointed folks out there, so including her as the bonus character was likely the smartest way to soften the blow. Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation, but we tend to forget that when we get these characters reveals one week at a time the actual roster is likely already been finished. The only reason they reveal characters is to keep the community engaged and excited leading up to the release.

I'd imagine she wasn't in the original story script. No one was really showing a huge interest until after they revealed Talim. By that time the development was probably pretty far along and the roster was likely already finalized. After seeing Tira's popularity sky rocket after Talim's reveal they likely knew she had to make it in right away. I assume if fans saw the final roster without Tira there would be a lot of disappointed folks out there, so including her as the bonus character was likely the smartest way to soften the blow. Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation, but we tend to forget that when we get these characters reveals one week at a time the actual roster is likely already been finished. The only reason they reveal characters is to keep the community engaged and excited leading up to the release.

Tira was always popular, Decopon is helping with balancing the game, & their were plans for Tira in SCVI. Character reveals ever since May have be 2 weeks.

I never said she wasn't popular, she's one of my personal favorites, but at that time literally everyone was crying out for Talim. I don't doubt she was always planned to be apart of the game one way or another and wasn't in development, I just don't think they ever planned her the initial release until the later stages of development.

Idk if this has been mentioned, but anyone else notice that the blonde male CaS using Mitsurugi's style for the Libra trailer and screenshots has Xianghua's Soul Calibur as a weapon with Mitsu's style in some screens? I can't help but wonder if that could mean we'll be getting Soul Calibur and Soul Edge versions of weapons for most or all characters like we used to. If so, looking forward to that since it seemed kinda weird that they didn't keep that up in each game.

Not to mention Vergeben leaking her through concrete evidence like voice work and name drops back in what, February?

Hayate leaked Tira before the game was even announced.

I never said she wasn't popular, she's one of my personal favorites, but at that time literally everyone was crying out for Talim. I don't doubt she was always planned to be apart of the game one way or another and wasn't in development, I just don't think they ever planned her the initial release until the later stages of development.

Tira being DLC makes since because SCVI is a SCI reboot. With Tira as DLC, she'll be able to play like her SCIV/V self.

Back