Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I'm sure someone here can find and confirm this, but back when Siegfried was revealed, didn't the bio they 'press released' with him state that Kilik and his companions (meaning Xianghua and Maxi, the latter who wasn't revealed yet) freed him from being Nightmare?
I clearly recall reading that.
That could mean that Raphael lost his whole large role in the story.

If I remember correctly, Sigfried regain control after the events in Soul Calibur 1 but then he turn again to being Nightmare. Then Raphael appear in the story in Soul Calibur 2 hitting Soul Edge in the eye giving Sigfried control again to struck down Soul Edge with Soul Calibur.

PD: English is not my native language as you can see, so sorry for any mistakes D:

I think it’ll really be more of an interquel with 1&2 and also account for more realistic travel times. I know some characters teleport... but possibly for short distances.

who is this??
That was Ashlotte. A puppet-like bonus character with Astaroth's moveset in SC4. Some people including myself like her design and character enough to want her back but with a unique moveset.

Can anyone explain why they believe Viola replaces Amy. I see this said repeatedly and i dont understand why that would be the case. Viola is pretty much done i think if we have Azwel on the cast.

Well you are right that Gothic styles girls are quite popular to begin with, it's also the case of you really like it or you can't stand it. But the truth is we are getting more and more of that archetype of character. Nearly every fighting game have it now.
Even DOA had to put one (that happened to be a f-ing loli too for the "master combo")
Tekken even have 2 with Lili (the soft version) and now Eliza.
Guilty gear got one too Elphelt
Blazblue have Rachel Alucard
Nearly every Japanese fighting game have it or will have it in the near future ^^
That is what I mean, it is a common archetype with consistent popularity to back it up. Amy becoming Viola makes sense from a aesthetic sense, it introduces a new character with a archetype before explored. It also refreshes said character with a new style. It _makes_ sense.

That was Ashlotte. A puppet-like bonus character with Astaroth's moveset in SC4. Some people including myself like her design and character enough to want her back but with a unique moveset.

Can anyone explain why they believe Viola replaces Amy. I see this said repeatedly and i dont understand why that would be the case. Viola is pretty much done i think if we have Azwel on the cast.
It bothers me to see this but how can people actually compare Viola and Azwel from what we saw he have nothing to do with her.
It's not because they both use some kind of magic that they are the same... Oh wait yeah I forgot that people around compare characters even if they just use the same weapon xD

thanks.

she has an interesting design. so I wouldn't mind her being brought back as a full fledged character.

@Vergeben I understand your confusion, because the plots of SoulCalibur and SoulCalibur II are practically identical. But it is only Kilik, Xianghua, and Maxi who confront and defeat Nightmare and then Xianghua takes up Soul Calibur to defeat Inferno in SoulCalibur. Siegfried regains his sanity... somewhat, but he slips in and out of being Nightmare, especially in his dreams, and by the beginning of SoulCalibur II (which is where SoulCalibur VI will end, more or less), he loses himself and becomes Nightmare once again. In SoulCalibur II, Kilik, Xianghua, and Maxi confront and defeat Nightmare again, and then Xianghua takes up Soul Calibur again to defeat Inferno... or at least try, and they fail, as Inferno, in a last ditch effort, reclaims control of Siegfried and attempts to have Nightmare slay the heroes. Then Raphael comes in, strikes Soul Edge in the eye, and then Siegfried is finally completely free.

@Ramus I actually personally fight for Kamikirimusi more than Ashlotte, since Kamikirimusi was the only one, aside from Talim, who treated Algol as a human being. Massive respect for her. Ashlotte gets recognized because they gave her the storyline arc that she reclaimed Astaroth's core and gave it back to Fygul Cestemus, allowing them to mass-produce Astaroth for SoulCalibur V, while none of the other four girls had true lasting impacts that went on to SoulCalibur V, but despite that, Kamikirimusi remains my favorite.

if Namco reveals Raphael last I'm afraid we might lose @JohnMcKee before this game releases.
Nah, if they reveal him last I'll be fine (and I will not have to send them daily 10-page-long letters to ask for him). On the verge of a heart-attack, but fine.

And if they don't release him...
Be careful headphones users

That's me going to Namco and asking for Raph (but in French, not in German)
(I picked German because it was scary)

"Und Sie wollen ihn nicht wieder einstellen wegen so’ne dämliche Geschichte!!!!"

Last edited:
The change in moveset would also be very simple to do. Instead of using Astaroth's axe moveset just create a moveset that would fit around a halberd weapon.

It bothers me to see this but how can people actually compare Viola and Azwel from what we saw he have nothing to do with her.
It's not because they both use some kind of magic that they are the same... Oh wait yeah I forgot that people around compare characters even if they just use the same weapon xD

Well, i would have been fine seeing a levitating crystalball before the Azwel reveal but not now. ESPECIALLY if his style is CASable. Oh and while i'm at it, wasn't the Amy VA also on one of the CAS voices? I think people can settle with a custom gothic lolita floating six weapons around instead of a ball. We are really making ridiculous distinctions at this point otherwise.

I listed Azwel as a Viola clone as a joke (hence the Kappa), but he really kind of is channeling Necrid with Viola's style, with a slice of Algol when he transforms. It's as generalizing as saying that Amy is Raphael because they both use rapiers. Azwel is Viola because they both use telekinesis.

Amy's voice was a CaS voice in SoulCalibur IV, but not SoulCalibur V. But even then, the CaS voice didn't have Amy's unique lines, and even if we also got Amy's outfit CaS parts from SoulCalibur IV and her voice, I would not be satisfied with just giving her Azwel's style and calling it a day. That would be ridiculous. I would, however, begrudgingly give her Raphael's style, who would hopefully retain Albion as a weapon, and make do. It still wouldn't be Amy, but it would be better than nothing at all.

The change in moveset would also be very simple to do. Instead of using Astaroth's axe moveset just create a moveset that would fit around a halberd weapon.

Well i would prefer a bit more to her than that. She's a mechanical puppet of sorts. Maybe she can throw the harpoon around and pull it back for some attacks. Maybe float around herself or something for some movements. All characters need a gimic to their moveset to make them interesting.

I listed Azwel as a Viola clone as a joke (hence the Kappa), but he really kind of is channeling Necrid with Viola's style, with a slice of Algol when he transforms. It's as generalizing as saying that Amy is Raphael because they both use rapiers. Azwel is Viola because they both use telekinesis.

Amy's voice was a CaS voice in SoulCalibur IV, but not SoulCalibur V. But even then, the CaS voice didn't have Amy's unique lines, and even if we also got Amy's outfit CaS parts from SoulCalibur IV and her voice, I would not be satisfied with just giving her Azwel's style and calling it a day. That would be ridiculous. I would, however, begrudgingly give her Raphael's style, who would hopefully retain Albion as a weapon, and make do. It still wouldn't be Amy, but it would be better than nothing at all.

Well that statement was more in line with Viola fans than Amy fans. Despite them being the same perhaps. I meant if wanted Viola's moveset and playstyle, they would have to settle for Azwel.

Back