Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Ok, Bamco. If you are reading this, you probably understand that we are impatient after what is shaping up to be 6.5 years of nothing but Soul Calibur 5, of which you yourself spoke as a bit of a disaster. Personally, I have been enjoying the look and feel of the fights in scV, but still I too am eager to move on to Soul Calibur 6.

Do not, however, mistake our impatience and/or pre-orders with an ultimatum that requires you to churn out Soul Calibur 6 as soon as possible. Precisely because we have been enjoying scV for such a long time, we now deserve a game that won't be rushed and that will be a complete experience. Naturally, most of us will support your work by buying DLC, but a word of caution, don't push it! Give us a complete game. Do us (and game reviewers) honor, and we will honor you.

Fair expectations Thursday -
New character reveal
Modes discussion
Gameplay with the 4 new character not seem in builds yet.

Stupid expectations that won't happen but did be awesome if they did.
Public Build for the weekend with Sophie and Mitsu
Release date
2 new character reveals

Fair expectations Thursday -
New character reveal
Modes discussion
Gameplay with the 4 new character not seem in builds yet.

Stupid expectations that won't happen but did be awesome if they did.
Public Build for the weekend with Sophie and Mitsu
Release date
2 new character reveals

For the new character reveal, I suppose a female... maybe Taki or Tira.

If that wasn't a pun then I'd be okay with seeing content other than characters. We've seen just about half the characters and stages we're expecting. Five months. Therefore realistically it could release September. Oh boy... What other big name that got ruined came out around that time last year?

I appreciate all of the gameplay footage I've seen so far, but I'm super tired of seeing Sophitia and mistu...really all of the current characters so far to some degree..but those 2 the most. I'm really lookin fwd to this game! Can't wait till the more info and reveals start to pickup the pace.

They literally keep refusing to play Xianghua on the IGN stream like wtf. I've seen Nightmare and Mitsurugi so much it's unreal.
From all the footage I've seen here and there and everywhere, no one other than Kayane who's had hands on the game can play Xianghua anyway.

HELL NO!I don't want another shit game like SC5.
Naaa its ALREADY WAY better than that game, and thats according to EVERYONE whos played the demo.

Alot of those extra modes they could just add later cause, you know...DLC is a thing.
Im a competitve player and dont really care about things like team battle and stuff. Though, I DO want the story to be great..and extra battle (with different weapons and stuff)
The end of June would be 6 months AFTER the "2 thirds done" announcement.
I honestly think all the dilly dallying and delay is just for promotional reasons. They gotta get a return on their investment and I hope they get that and more.
But, it still stands, the game is ALREADY better than 5, the stages are the MOST gorgeous ive seen in ANY fighter...
Just HIT ME WIT IT ALREADY lol

If the story doesn't justify the reboot properly, it'll be no better than V. Same for if it doesn't have fleshed out offline modes of play. SoulCalibur V was already a good game at its core, with some balance issues that were never sorted out, to be sure, but the biggest problems were the lack of context for most of the time skip forward characters and unfinished story along with nothing else to do outside of fighting aside from creating custom characters. You can't just release a barebones SoulCalibur game and call it done, even if they did add modes of play later as DLC, it wouldn't be good for the image. It needs to have a complete story and at least one if not two fleshed out offline gameplay modes at minimum to have a successful launch among competitive folks, casuals, and everyone inbetween. Catering to just one demographic is how you set yourself up for failure.

From all the footage I've seen here and there and everywhere, no one other than Kayane who's had hands on the game can play Xianghua anyway.
Lol did you not watch the stream? They were pretty awful with the characters that they did choose anyway.

Back