Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

The 60 fps Japanese trailer for Azwil is out:

And the Soul Archive site is updated with his info:
img_visual.png

img_ss_01.jpg

img_ss_02.jpg

img_ss_03.jpg

Reading his info (through Google Translate, so don't know how accurate it is), here are some interesting tidbits about Azwel:
  • Under "Relations" it says he considers all of humanity his family. No mention of Groh.
  • He's from the Holy Roman Empire
  • He's a self designated "Scholar of Humanity"
  • He was/is part of the Aval Organization and was conducting research into both swords
  • His weapon is his gauntlets and there's shards of Soul Edge embedded in one gauntlet and a shards of Soul Calibur in the other

Last edited:
God damn it the story mode art is so good. Azwel looks amazing there. I hope the characters have a nice variety of different expressions; I think they will. Ivy for instance has that one super disgusted look on her face in her teaser piece (facing Voldo I think?) that can't possibly be her one and only Soul Chronicle "sprite".

Like someone said earlier, having them give it the Nintendo treatment with an extra Link guest and Nintendo CAS items would be the smartest route. I'd gladly double dip.
Start doing the crossover treatment

Soul Calibur 6 X Super Smash Bros.

Yes. to all of this.

Also, Azwel art is gorgeous. I dont know why i like him so much, but he honestly excites me as the newest character.

Hmm Aval. Palindrome. Aval backwards is Lava. Inferno! They're connected to Inferno.

PS must really love Infinity Gauntlet and Thanos between the Zas snap and Azwel.

The 60 fps Japanese trailer for Azwil is out:

And the Soul Archive site is updated with his info:
View attachment 50608
View attachment 50609
View attachment 50610
View attachment 50611

Reading his info (through Google Translate, so don't know how accurate it is), here are some interesting tidbits about Azwel:
  • Under "Relations" it says he considers all of humanity his family. No mention of Groh.
  • He's from the Holy Roman Empire
  • He was/is part of the Aval Organization and was conducting research into both swords
  • His weapon is his gauntlets and there's shards of Soul Edge embedded in one gauntlet and a shards of Soul Calibur in the other

Called it!! it's the gauntlets!!

So... I think the thing about Azwel being Groh's dad might be a hilarious assumption from the localization leaker.

We know from the trailer Groh is involved in Libra of Soul and even seems to fight against Azwel directly. In their conversations, which there are probably a lot of, Azwel probably refers to Groh as "my son" or something like that.

It might not literally be true though. He very well could be speaking metaphorically. He might even refer to everyone as his child, with his whole "leader of humanity" bit. I could easily see this confusing the localizer and lead them to miss the context and take it at face value.

There could end up being a Darth Vader type "no, Groh, I am your father. Like for real, not figuratively" moment, but I dunno, seems unlikely now. Just my theory.

Hmm Aval. Palindrome. Aval backwards is Lava. Inferno! They're connected to Inferno.

PS must really love Infinity Gauntlet and Thanos between the Zas snap and Azwel.
Well, a palindrome is a word or phrase that is the same forwards and backwards (i.e. race car), so lava and Aval are not really palindromes. I see your reasoning here but I doubt they're specifically connected to Inferno since it's just the physical manifestation of Soul Edge before the sword possesses the azure armor with Zasalamel's help.

Back