Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I didn't even noticed the 66B Sophie thing either until you guys pointed it out, and I don't think they need to fix any animations in SoulCalibur, even the oldest ones don't seem outdated in comparison to the old animations from other contemporary games like tekken 7, they definietly should revamp some animations there, I mean the dick jabs and almost all the generic stuff look awfull, just try for example to pick Kuma or Panda and do a jumping neutral simple jab, the whole body of the bears become jelly, SC never had any ugly or super wack looking animations like that in my opinion.

If you pick like SC1 and something like Injustice 2 together SC1 still has like far better in-game animations than Injustice.

And now that you guys talk about animation let me recommend you a very interesting youtube channel dedicated to that, he has a lot of videos about animations in fighting games and all of them are very enterteining regardless if you're interested or not in animation.

Last edited:
Yah, lets take time and money to animate one single "troublesome" animation error that some people haven't realized it existed, because that will en-rich the gaming experience tremendously. It is almost as if fighting games don't have the biggest fanbases and have to intensively animate models which is extremely expensive so they cute corners, almost as if, unlike a lot of games they also have to worry about the move's hitbox and usefulness and all the different contexts one move can have.

I swear to God you people worry about the most innocuous shit.

I mean at the end of the day is it gonna get fixed? Probably not. I'm just saying it's gonna look fucking ugly when I kill someone with 66B and the screen goes slowmo and pauses cause they thought it'd be cute so that you can perfectly see how she's not holding the sword lol

Reactions: Ave
That is what happens with customization unfortunately.

But that pun better mean something. I’d be okay if it isn’t a character. Something that counts as content.

Is there any word of when the next character reveal will be?
No confirmations, but every reveal has happened on a Thursday so far, so if it's gonna happen, it'll be on a Thursday. There was a numbers pun in Okubo's tweet which included "419", which could mean tomorrow, 4/19, but it apparently also said out loud was a pun referencing Siegfried, so it might not mean anything. Still, either way, any Thursday has a 50/50 shot of news or no news, as a general rule.

I mean at the end of the day is it gonna get fixed? Probably not. I'm just saying it's gonna look fucking ugly when I kill someone with 66B and the screen goes slowmo and pauses cause they thought it'd be cute so that you can perfectly see how she's not holding the sword lol
I doubt it, but I'm hoping there will be some way to disable the slowdowns and special effects, maybe some "classic mode" in the versus options.

Waiting for Taki =)
tumblr_ndx2y76sEi1qza1qzo1_500.gif

Not expecting something for today tbh, but maybe next week as it will be the last Thursday of the month.

Also they're taking a lot of time to drop dem Ivy and Zasa Breakdowns, maybe it means those will be better and longer than the other breakdowns (beside geralt's of course). Would be great if so, need MOAR of my wife Ivy, and even some more Zasa.

About release date, i think it will drop at the same time with a sick Story trailer, and like 3 or even more characters reveals, and then with the release date confirmed with maybe the preorder stuff, and season pass confirmation (already hinted by Okubo).

About pre-order stuffs, if it's a character i can see them put Lizardman as a Preorder character. Or maybe some nostalgia costumes as pre-order may happen as well.

And please Okubo gimme a DOPE 2P outfit for IVY.

Last edited:
If there's a pre-order character in this game I'm going to spam Bamco's Twitter everyday to remove it (unless it's something like an early unlock like ASW does).

Yah, lets take time and money to animate one single "troublesome" animation error that some people haven't realized it existed, because that will en-rich the gaming experience tremendously. It is almost as if fighting games don't have the biggest fanbases and have to intensively animate models which is extremely expensive so they cute corners, almost as if, unlike a lot of games they also have to worry about the move's hitbox and usefulness and all the different contexts one move can have.

I swear to God you people worry about the most innocuous shit.
Bro what the fuck? I'm literally asking for them to legit adjust the sword in a single key frame and then let interpolative blending do the rest. It's a 30 second fix.

Not expecting something for today tbh, but maybe next week as it will be the last Thursday of the month.
End of the month has only happend 2 out of 5 times, so I wouldn't expect that to be a standard. Most of the Summer events are in the 2nd or 3rd week which is probably why they shifted their recent reveals to around then.
Also they're taking a lot of time to drop dem Ivy and Zasa Breakdowns, maybe it means those will be better and longer than the other breakdowns (beside geralt's of course).
Can't wait for that detailed Okubo breakdown. "Players look at Zasalamel and see a Scythe and think this person wields a Scythe. So we made sure that Zasalamel plays like a person with a Scythe."

Last edited:
Back