Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Also, I don't see why previously all unrevealed base game characters were just blank, big circles, but now people believe that the small circles are now unrevealed base characters. Why would the Devs make that random change?

I think the change actually supports my argument that we have two missing base-roster characters and Inferno left.

Previously there were only two small circles on either side of the ? and Creation slots, which to me shows that the two central slots and the two outer slots aren’t equal. Plus, the middle one remains unchanged, leading me to believe that this is also different from the other four, resulting in my Inferno prediction.

Also, if they four left were indeed all DLC characters, why have two of them pushed out of the main cluster by ? and Creation? Surely a better aesthetic would be to push the ? and Creation to the two outer slots so that the four (presumably equal) DLCs are all included in the main block?

So therefore I think:

Centre empty circle = Inferno (mimic; unlocked in a story mode)

Two central small circles = Hwang; Aeon (or replace with two other TBA characters if anyone wants to blow some minds)

Two outer small circles - bonus (Tira) and DLC characters

About the glasses discussion...

Cervantes did it first (Soul Edge artbook) and I would have preffered him to be the one with glasses.

Sunglasses would look cool on him as it was proven in the following image inside spoiler:

jnJB2fI.jpg

Sunglasses + Moustache make such a difference (Deal with it).
Raphael has no moustache, that's what makes him look odd when he wears glasses on.

Seems like a lost opportunity to me.
I hope CAS will let us add sunglasses to Cervantes (and other characters).

PS. That image makes me miss 2P alt costumes even more... Let us hope CAS will compensate.

Last edited:
Can somebody please post a match-up video from a past Calibur game that shows Cassandra to be an awe-inspiring character? I just don't see what the interest is in her over, say, Leixia.

WOOOOOOOOW Leixia was as interesting and as complex as toilet tissue.

Cassandra was cocky but not arrogant.
She had a potential to really shake things up in the story but was written to arrive late for said events or banished from games or situations entirely.

She is the kinda female to get shit done, but they like the helpless damsel vibe sophitia gives off I guess it makes the milf thing more attractive.

You know the whole ‘naughty child’ package.

Cassandra’s win quotes troll the most out of any character in the series which gives her a vibrant personality.
And her moveset could/can be made into something so much more aggressive like Rainbow Mika with a sword and shield.
The kinda heroine to actually lay hands on you in an attempt to fuck up your shit.

Her self reliance and independence meant she needed to be excluded from a lot of events as she’d actually do something about them.

It’s why they threw her ass into astral chaos in SCV.
She has main character qualities but she’s not a main character.

So she’s vaulted for now.

Damn, Servantes looks awesome, I'm glad they returned him to his zombie self! Though what's supposed to be red-lava'ish lines on his body in the art are for some reason awkwardly white on model, but I guess this could be fixed just like dummy-lines in Raph's moveset. Also Raph is pretty great too, but I don't dig the asymmetry of his glasses (other that that he is good).
As for roster I dunno - on one side we have a suspiciously circle-ish place in the middle that could go to Inferno (which means that those 4 places are all DLC), but on another side such place went unused in SCV (which could mean that one of those places goes to Inferno, which leaves only 3 places left and by extension means that those places, except for maybe one reserved for day one Tira, are for 2 more base characters - Hwang and someboy else, probably Aeon). But also those 4 places as DLC conveniently leave amount of space exactly for 6 (3 on each side) symmetrically placed slots, which could go for 2 more seasons of DLC (Tira is a "bonus", thus season pass is "technically" 3 characters). It's not like they can't slap character slots anywhere they want, but it looks aethetically fitting.
Especially when the slot could be used for a unique style instead.
...It's not like we have a finite amount of slots to fill or something. Devs could slap as much as they want on the roster.
I don't get why should we not get a character already in the game as playable. Yes he is a mimic, but so what if he is already complete and resources are already spent on him?

Yeah I'm serious. I showed you guys some high level Hwang + Lizardman videos, so it's only fair you show me a high level Cass video? Why would you pick her over Sophy? Why should Cass qualify for SCVI? And I disagree about Leixia... she looked somewhat interesting when used by the 2012 UK champion.

Can somebody please post a match-up video from a past Calibur game that shows Cassandra to be an awe-inspiring character? I just don't see what the interest is in her over, say, Leixia.

Watch Mick SC2 vidz, i think you can still find some of them on Youtube.

And Azwel’s position really bothers me up there when he could be across Talim.
I think Inferno will be across from him so it's a boss on each side. And I think Tira will be across from Talim. And the ones off the bottom sides are to hint at future expansion without straight up having every season pass slot. Nice and neat.

And then they can use those 2 side slots and the middle of their 3 season pass characters, and it'll maintain symmetry. Or they'll put them all on the outside edges and it'll drive you nuts.

OK thanks for posting! Can anyone else confirm this is definitely Hwang's fighting style? Who else has a sword like that besides Yun? @Frayhua?

In a SCI timeline, a 4chan leak, being hinted in Seong Mi-na's bio, & also uses a Dao makes it possible for Hwang to be a Bonus Character. I think the center slot is for Bonus Characters like in SCIII & IV had a spot on the roster for Extra Characters.

31_soul02.jpg

sc4-s2.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I think Inferno will be across from him so it's a boss on each side. And I think Tira will be across from Talim. And the ones off the bottom sides are to hint at future expansion without straight up having every season pass slot. Nice and neat.

And then they can use those 2 side slots and the middle of their 3 season pass characters, and it'll maintain symmetry. Or they'll put them all on the outside edges and it'll drive you nuts.

This is also how i see it but i think we'll get an Elysium/Inferno recolor on the same spot for Soulcalibur weapons.

Back