Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

So uh, the other day me and my bro figured out the whole story behind Soul Calibur 6.
So right before both swords were destroyed at the end of SC5, Soul Edge stopped time and created a reality bubble where it sent everything back in time to manipulate the events so that it doesn't get destroyed in the end, so at the end of SC6, Inferno is the final boss, and when he is defeated he loses the power to hold power over the world and the bubble burts, returning us to the horrid events of SC5, but now Aeon is so evolved he's the new main character.

And Geralt turns out to be Dampierre all along.

You heard it here first, folks.

Why a lot of people think that the center slot is dedicated to Inferno ? (He would be just another mimic with flames around him ..)

And why this particular slot is transparent with arrows all around , it seems more like a compass to me .

I imagined if this slot was more like some kind of button and you can activate something with this .
With the particular lines between the differents slot , maybe they might chance their original position ?

This is a crazy theory but what do you think about it ?

( the compass seems to be a récurent symbol in this episode : on the loading screen also )

I spotted this earlier today - I think it’s juat a blank space too with the ‘compass’ being part of the background design (you can see this in some recent videos). It could get filled in later, but maybe not.

Why a lot of people think that the center slot is dedicated to Inferno ? (He would be just another mimic with flames around him ..)

And why this particular slot is transparent with arrows all around , it seems more like a compass to me .

I imagined if this slot was more like some kind of button and you can activate something with this .
With the particular lines between the differents slot , maybe they might chance their original position ?

( the compass seems to be a récurent symbol in this episode : on the loading screen also )

For me it's because inferno is the embodiment of Soul Edge and therefore the central point to which all the events are transpiring. Everything revolves around Soul Edge, including Soul Calibur itself so it just makes sense for him to fill that central space of the roster. That's my theory anyway.

So uh, the other day me and my bro figured out the whole story behind Soul Calibur 6.
So right before both swords were destroyed at the end of SC5, Soul Edge stopped time and created a reality bubble where it sent everything back in time to manipulate the events so that it doesn't get destroyed in the end, so at the end of SC6, Inferno is the final boss, and when he is defeated he loses the power to hold power over the world and the bubble burts, returning us to the horrid events of SC5, but now Aeon is so evolved he's the new main character.

And Geralt turns out to be Dampierre all along.

You heard it here first, folks.

cyRifVU.gif

So you're "Night Terror" aren't you? xD

[Hallow]

Mainly because he's the boss as well as the embodiment of Soul Edge, and the center slot looks strangely menacing. Otherwise what a wasted space in design, IMHO :P

Yeah it would roughly translate to "Top right of the heraldry, purple"... Which you could do some Olympic-level mental gymnastics to assume it's a Cervantes joke based on Cerv having purple hair and that probably being where Ivy gets hers from but...

More than likely some writer is high.

Imagine me, I know nothing of heraldry, I had to read those articles, and then try to find the equivalent articles in Spanish to understand all that shield mumbo jumbo.

For anyone in my position, Ivy is "purpura diestra" ... I think?

Is Maxi the least changed character? Does he actually have *any* new moves out of his many stances?
I'm pretty sure he has a new stance called pure soul loop, any attacks out if it do more damage and some have different properties iirc.

[Hallow]

Mainly because he's the boss as well as the embodiment of Soul Edge, and the center slot looks strangely menacing. Otherwise what a wasted space in design, IMHO :P

I think that middle spot is either the dump for all DLC, or the upcoming guest since it sits right above the current guest.

For now at least, they seem to have a fairly consistent theme going on with character placement. DLC could potentially ruin all of that, making it look like crap. Only way to get around that issue is dump all the DLC in the middle.

Center, CAS and the micro-slots have the same design. It looks like the wheel of a 1950's car =D
There may be something there. Maybe Inferno, maybe DLC, maybe Bonus...
I don't think it's an empty space.
Sem Título-2.jpg

Last edited:
Center, CAS and the micro-slots have the same design. It looks like the wheel of a 1950's car =D
There may be something there. Maybe Inferno, maybe DLC, maybe Bonus...
I don't think it's an empty space.
View attachment 50883

Seems likely yeah , so if the center slot is for DLC , the 4 other smal circle are dedicated to bonus / unlockable characters ??

Or it is for Inferno , unfortunately.

I'm pretty sure he has a new stance called pure soul loop, any attacks out if it do more damage and some have different properties iirc.
That's just his mechanism for switching between stances, right? I know some have auto-GI properties + everything is improved in Soul Charge. However, I can't seem to spot any regular new moves, whereas Taki has new possession moves right? Maxi, on the other hand seems to have the most stances yet the least new moves, if any.

Personally, I don't think relegating all future DLC characters to one slot is very attractive. I'd like to see the roster actually grow as it adds new characters.

I would LOVE some clarification on this, good or bad, because it's driving me nuts. Just tell us if those slots are DLC or not, please and thank you.

Problem is, Bamco doesn't even want to acknowledge that the leaks happened at all.

This was Bamco over the weekend:

nothing-to-see-here-gif-4.gif

Last edited:
[Hallow]Mainly because he's the boss as well as the embodiment of Soul Edge, and the center slot looks strangely menacing. Otherwise what a wasted space in design, IMHO :P
It wouldn't be the first time
maxresdefault.jpg

Soul Calibur has also had a habit of making slots into Random, Random Creation, Create-a-Soul, Console Exclusive, DLC, Empty Spaces blocked off by a symbol (in V), Bonus, Unlockables (that are there to begin with), and memory card slot 1 (& 2).

What they are doing with VI is quite different and keeps us speculating although we should prepare for less not more and be happy with whatever we get.

I can't think of a slot for a guest if that was the final roster.

Otherwise we may have seen the Raph/Cervantes trailer yesterday if it wasn't for that mishap as far as we may know.

Or we'll luck out and get Hwang and Aeon included among the last reveals.

...or less likely is that the female barbarian is named Blade after the "Ivy Blade" thing.

If not, at least move Azwel next to Taki so that it doesn't look sloppy on launch.

Well... they shut down the tournament and removed all videos right? Because of their own mistake? And over what? Cervantes and Raphael? Cervantes was already leaked anyway by them.

It doesn't look good judging by their reaction.

Personally, I don't think relegating all future DLC characters to one slot is very attractive. I'd like to see the roster actually grow as it adds new characters.

Problem is, Bamco doesn't even want to acknowledge that the leaks happened at all.

This was Bamco this past weekend:

nothing-to-see-here-gif-4.gif

yeah, the more they ignore it the more I think it's actually true and they don't really have any damage control for it.

like you'd think if they weren't DLC they would at least say that or say "this isn't the final build" "there's more to come in the future" ect? meanwhile if they are DLC then what can they say outside of straight up lying to cover their ass? they already saw how the tira debacle went, what could they possibly say to quell the masses of people pissed they had the DLC planned so far in advance that they have the roster set up for them months before the game is out and months before the characters are even out. I also don't think they would get so self aware as to leak their own stuff on purpose just to generate fame/infamy. bamco already doesn't believe in the project so why would they risk it? okubo maybe could be doing it but again it's a big risk especially when the series is on it's last leg. even if it was a ruse and the truth came out later... there's a saying, "Lies can travel halfway across the world while the truth puts on its shoes" people will see only the controversy, they'll watch videos about it, they'll read articles about it, they'll spread it around and the true less juicy stories gets flogged down by the more tantalizing controversial crap.

wonder what Okubo thinks of all this, i'd love to hear from him about the leaks

yeah, the more they ignore it the more I think it's actually true and they don't really have any damage control for it.

like you'd think if they weren't DLC they would at least say that or say "this isn't the final build" "there's more to come in the future" ect? meanwhile if they are DLC then what can they say outside of straight up lying to cover their ass? they already saw how the tira debacle went, what could they possibly say to quell the masses of people pissed they had the DLC planned so far in advance that they have the roster set up for them months before the game is out and months before the characters are even out. I also don't think they would get so self aware as to leak their own stuff on purpose just to generate fame/infamy. bamco already doesn't believe in the project so why would they risk it? okubo maybe could be doing it but again it's a big risk especially when the series is on it's last leg. even if it was a ruse and the truth came out later... there's a saying, "Lies can travel halfway across the world while the truth puts on its shoes" people will see only the controversy, they'll watch videos about it, they'll read articles about it, they'll spread it around and the true less juicy stories gets flogged down by the more tantalizing controversial crap.

wonder what Okubo thinks of all this, i'd love to hear from him about the leaks

To be fair, once they realized what had happened they were pretty quick to have everything taken down. Aside from the people who are following this game's release as closely as we are, the vast majority have no idea that leak even happened. Considering it's Raphael and Cervantes we're talking about here, two fan favorites who are in the highest demand right now, I'd say it makes sense for them to play it cool and try to preserve at lease some of the surprise for those who weren't looking when it happened.

That's what really worries me. There's been no mention of additional stages being included in the season pass or any of the DLC, whereas there was in Tekken 7's season pass description.

I wouldn't mind if there's only 11 stages if they spend more time working on non-DLC characters beyond Cerv, Raph, Aeon, and Hwang.

Back