Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Im pretty sure the roster in the Melbourne build isn't the final roster. They wouldn't just have the whole game playable a month before it comes out. Even if they are done with it...
If it was released on accident, then they didn't mean to.
Okubo stated there would be more than 20 forever ago.
Still haven't seen this.
Since shops are back, do you think these lovely ladies will return?

If they couldn't afford to make costumes for playable characters, why would they make models for NPCs?

The meter mechanics are fine as is, though I wish all characters still had BE's so that there is more variety. Costing a quarter of a full meter instead of half would be appropriate. I don't mind the cutscenes because they are over in less than 10 seconds, I have enough patience for that.

Would be lovely (except for the full bar cost, that'd suck).

Still haven't seen this.

If they couldn't afford to make costumes for playable characters, why would they make models for NPCs?
As much as I doubt they will make npcs for shops, making 3 characters with simiar looking costumes (or even using CaS parts) can't be as difficult as making unique outfits for over 20 different characters twice

Still haven't seen this.

When Kayane asked him back on February he only said this:

K : There’s only 20 characters at launch. I was wondering how it’d go with the balance in power between good and evil.

M.O : We cannot yet say it’d be 20 characters. We’re still working on that. Discussing it and trying to find new ideas. So no, it’s probably not going to be 20 characters.

Which could mean there could be more characters than 20.... as much as it could mean same size (20) or come one... it could mean there could even be less characters xD

Also, back then he already knew there would be DLCs...

K : I see. There were 20 slots, but I guess it’s not final, then. Will there be DLC characters ?

M.O. : *huge hesitation* (which means of course to me)

M.O. : No comment ! But I will say that when we add new characters, we think about how they relate to the others. We take some real and careful consideration into balancing them so that the fights may be fair.

Since we’re going back to the time around Soul Calibur I and II and the clash between the Soul Edge and the Soul Calibur, we already know most of the characters that can be included here. It’s also one of the deciding factors in our choice. There will also be new characters, like Grøh, who will play in integral part in this Soul Calibur’s storyline.

K : So will this game have a stage per character ?

M.O : I can’t answer that, unfortunately (that also means a NO to me)

Link: http://kayane.fr/2018/02/19/interview-with-motohiro-okubo-producer-on-soul-calibur-vi-and-tekken-7/

On a side note, M.O also said. : "As a developper, it’s easy to include characters from previous games, but that’s not really a positive in my mind. Some people won’t like it and, balance-wise, it’d lead up to some problems. Characters are a hard thing to work on. "

-------------------------

To sum up, do not expect a bigger launch roster than 20-23 neither expect more than 11 stages... but expect lots of character DLCs now that Season Passes are something "normal" (unfortunately).

All characters from this franchise that are not from SCI or SCII (except for Zasalamel) will be DLCs I am sure. That's what I believe Okubo was trying to tell us on that interview Kayane made him back on February.

We also know Season Pass 2 only will come if Season Pass 1 and the game itself sells a lot (and community keeps spamming Bandai Namco on their twitter and everywhore for more returning characters... after the game release and deppending on sales of course).

As for Hwang and Lizzie... I believe there is still a chance they could make it in... (without being DLCs I hope).

Give us at least Hwang and Lizzie... Please! Or surprise us with Cassandra. Imagine those three remaining slots are for Hwang + Lizzie + Cassandra? That would be dope. ¿Or Rock instead Cassandra to have the legacy full roster from SCI? (I would preffer Cassandra over Rock, for sure), but they probably will leave Cass for DLC same they did with Tira... to sell a lot.

That's my take regarding all this situation. Only time will tell, so just discussing the possibilities we have right now.

Last edited:
Lol, so everything you have isn't fun. What makes you think youll have fun with scvi if you not having fun with other games.

what ? I am so excited for SC I cant enjoy other games as much ... That doesnt mean I wont like sc6 lol

I'm quite sure I'll have the Rotten Vale track stuck in my head even while playing SC6 when it comes out...

Best OST from that game

The new Dragon Quest out tomorrow should tide me over well enough. This lined up nicely for me.

Same, precharge already completed. Waiting for the game to unlock. My most awaited + desired JRPG since years. Sorry for the off-topic.

Last edited:
I've been replaying through the games and I'm really hoping they have an excellent museum mode. I would love to see some concept art for two player costumes they didn't get a chance to implement (because you know they conceptualized some of them if nothing else) not to mention the art this time around is pretty nice. I wish I could get the art book without getting the damn statue (doesn't look horribly well made to be honest) but I don't think there is an option for it through any other means so I might change my pre-order to the collector's edition on PS4 (already getting deluxe on PC) just for the art book (unless any of you kind souls intend to upload it).

I also want the museum to return plus this song while being in it:

But judging by the small size of the game... the possibility doesn't seem very high. I could be wrong of course.
Unlike T7 which had lots of stuff in the gallery which also explains the size difference (also the fact T7 story and gallery mode was full of GB for movies).

If we get the museum it could consist only in images which would be perfect to me. I mean now in the story mode we get lots of great art shots. So better be a gallery mode! There is no excuse for not including the Museum this time.

But I dunno how to feel... I've seen lots of interviews to Motohiro Okubo. No single person asked about the Museum at all (heresy!)... I hope Project Soul team has not forgotten the good old days.

A gallery mode doesn't require as much time as other modes... could have been easily implemented... if they are passionated enough. We'll see.
There is no excuse for this one!

If that mode is not in-game, then it will definitely be a bad indicative of the passion of the dev team IMO

Last edited:
May I ask... Why would gallery/museum mode be necessary in this age of Google Images, DeviantArt and platforms that can enable the hired creators of art to have better presentations online than whatever a game can provide them with?
I am not asking this to mock. It just seems to me that omission of such a mode is more than likely due to the above reasons...

May I ask... Why would gallery/museum mode be necessary in this age of Google Images, DeviantArt and platforms that can enable the hired creators of art to have better presentations online than whatever a game can provide them with?
I am not asking this to mock. It just seems to me that omission of such a mode is more than likely due to the above reasons...

Yes... and no.
Just look at Tekken 7. Full of stuff in the gallery.
You can find all that in the Internet, but they put that in the game (consuming lots of gigabytes).
It would be a nice detail to have the museum plus a nostalgic song while being in Museum/Gallery. I would spends lots of hours there myself like I did in SCIII even though back then we could also find everything on the Internet if I am not mistaken.

Back