Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

It also doesn't really make any sense that they would bring back high/mid/low breaks unless they were going back to SoulCalibur IV's system, where broken armor really did make you take more damage in the affected area(s). So it's even more baffling that there isn't a damage increase, honestly.

So guys, I was actually wrong. Even though I swear I read that armor break gives a bit extra damage, the instructions say otherwise. So it's there just because, apparently.View attachment 51371

If that's the case i think they should add option to disable the armor break aesthetics, i really don't like how some characters end up looking.

imo the whole idea of armor break is a cool concept, but not done that well in SC6.

If that's the case i think they should add option to disable the armor break aesthetics, i really don't like how some characters end up looking.

imo the whole idea of armor break is a cool concept, but not done that well in SC6.
It's iight, some take it to far like mitsurugi in his undies. I say armor should be broken while clothes should be torn. So yeah it's kinda hasn't been done well. Going by anime terms there clothes gets torn like goku and once I seen his shirt exploded off like scvi.

Toning it down would be enough, like disabling low break so the characters dont walk around barefoot, which always looks very strange, cuz they are clean lol

Toning it down would be enough, like disabling low break so the characters dont walk around barefoot, which always looks very strange, cuz they are clean lol
For me at least, I never really had an issue with characters being barefoot after a break, mostly because I almost exclusively play customs, so i'm kinda use to it. , and the only set of socks that don't look trash i find are the tabi, and those only really work with japanese style characters. Personally the only characters i find the barefoot break out of place on are Asta, Sophie and X. With Kilik it kind of isn't too bad imo, cause at least whatever the thingies he is wearing under his pants are ripped. With Maxi, Talim (I'm Assuming) and Raph, theres not really much else one can do with an armor break to keep it consistent. I understand people's pains with X cause the stockings could have just broken. but tbh, AFAIK, there aren't even that many characters that are made barefoot by armor break anyway. Sieg, Voldo, Taki, Nighty, Cervy, Geralt, Yoshi, Zas, and Ivy don't get forced barfoot. Not sure about Tira, Mina and azwel though. Asta is messed up though. I hate it. Genuinely hate it. It doesn't look right and it scares me. Asta needs to stop skipping leg day.

You could just ask for a toggleable low break á la SF voice language. If you don't like characters being barefoot, disable it. If you don't mind, say, Ivy's low break, then don't disable it.. Just choose who you want to have a low break and who you don't. Everyone wins.

Edit: I just like the armor break as it is because it is consistent. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
How comes we had loads of TGS videos come in all at once and then it stopped barring the Akire videos? Where did Akire and Saitoh spring from out of the woodwork anyway?

Seems odd not having any news to anticipate in the base game unless we get some surprises. The one Lizardman seems like the biggest mystery right now besides DLC.

If unlockable I'm guessing he won't have a story mode and will be another game where he does nothing but growl and be a random monster for the most part.
We just need Lizardman to be playable, have a full moveset and a CE! That way he can be mained, if necessary, and played in tournaments. Giving him a fictional story living inside a walled city where society is divided into 5 factions won't mean shit - practically speaking! :-p

We just need Lizardman to be playable, have a full moveset and a CE! That way he can be mained, if necessary, and played in tournaments. Giving him a fictional story living inside a walled city where society is divided into 5 factions won't mean shit - practically speaking! :-p
Makes him boring as hell though when compared to other characters since well he lacks character and depth. Then again I feel the same about Voldo but Voldo has a story mode that might help fix that.

Makes him boring as hell though when compared to other characters since well he lacks character and depth. Then again I feel the same about Voldo but Voldo has a story mode that might help fix that.
Instead of "imagining" Lizardman you need to "feel" what it's like after you knock your opponent down and are in an Okizeme position, crouched, and ready for Lizardman to pounce with his unblockable upon wake-up! It's about the adrenaline rush and satisfaction you get from climbing on your opponent's shoulders - biting and kicking him! It feels good to have a bit of primal rage inside a SouCalibur game... Of course the best feeling is when Lizardman gets to ring out his opponent time and time again.

l.png

ro.PNG

Instead of "imagining" Lizardman you need to "feel" what it's like after you knock your opponent down and are in an Okizeme position, crouched, and ready for Lizardman to pounce with his unblockable upon wake-up! It's about the adrenaline rush and satisfaction you get from climbing on your opponent's shoulders - biting and kicking him! It feels good to have a bit of primal rage inside a SouCalibur game... Of course the best feeling is when Lizardman gets to ring out his opponent time and time again.

View attachment 51374

View attachment 51375
I'd prefer such a character ditch the weapons and go full primal with claws and teeth or at least use more primal weapons than a sword as swords are as far from a primal savage weapon as possible as it requires forging.

Back