Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I gived up hope about Unlockable Characters. If there is some Unloackable, they won't be really "unique" or finished. So it's not really worth to relegate them to this.

I don't know how they can put a SC1 lizardman in the story and an AEON in the same game. If this happens, AEON will only be on DLC.

As for Hwang, same issue, even worse, as anybodies CE or RE (Xiang/Mitsu) will feel weird on that character if he isn't finished properly.

If he is, they will show him and he would be DLC. But he would also replace YunSeong in that case for ever. So, that's why I'am still thinking the worse for that ones.

Not to mention that their are even popular character who don't get their slot :

From SC2
- Cassandra
- Yun-Seong

From SC3 :
- Setsuka
- Amy

From SC4 :
- Hilde

From SC5 :
- Viola & Zwei

I suppose we have to wait a little about Dlc characters.. The base roster (20 chars)+ Tira DLC and unlockable Inferno are the only things we are getting as of now.

Hope we'll get infos soon about the next Dlc character. Paris games week or random day?

I gived up hope about Unlockable Characters. If there is some Unloackable, they won't be really "unique" or finished. So it's not really worth to relegate them to this.

I don't know how they can put a SC1 lizardman in the story and an AEON in the same game. If this happens, AEON will only be on DLC.

As for Hwang, same issue, even worse, as anybodies CE or RE (Xiang/Mitsu) will feel weird on that character if he isn't finished properly.

If he is, they will show him and he would be DLC. But he would also replace YunSeong in that case for ever. So, that's why I'am still thinking the worse for that ones.

Not to mention that their are even popular character who don't get their slot :

From SC2
- Cassandra
- Yun-Seong

From SC3 :
- Setsuka
- Amy

From SC4 :
- Hilde

From SC5 :
- Viola & Zwei
I know you made a video and found "lizardman" in the game. Are you saying then he was not really a complete moveset? Or in other words a very accurate depiction of Aeon?

It's crazy to think there's only like 10 unique fighters spanning 6 games that aren't in this one atm. That's pretty good comparatively to just about every fighter out there. And if we at least get two seasons, it's probably 5 or so of those will get in.

Well, Inferno is just a super-Nightmare (pretty cool though), so if Liz will be unlockable I wouldn't be surprised if he's just a Soph-alter.
Completely unique characters won't be unlockables, but DLC instead.
That also makes sense if you think that Edge Master (aka a mimic without a moveset of his own) is the fourth character that will fill the blank spots (third being Tira DLC, as she is day one and 100% takes one of the base slots).

I know you made a video and found "lizardman" in the game. Are you saying then he was not really a complete moveset? Or in other words a very accurate depiction of Aeon?
I heard that someone also reccorded a footage of Lizardman, and he did see Sophitia's RE animation. So for me this Lizardman is not "finished / polished" enough to take a slot now.

Or if he does, he needs more animation!

This is the case with nearly every single DLC out there, only a handful of games have never done this (like the Artorias of the Abyss DLC expansion for example which took a year to create because it was never planned). Look I really don't agree with day 1 DLC or the fact that DLC is for the most part developed side by side of it's main game but the budget of the extra content is seperate to the main game regrdless if it gets completed before the game releases. I hate the fact SC6 is expensive for it's full content and more the fact that it's content is fragmented but it's quite clear that projected sales by Bandai Namco are going to be on the lower end of the spectrum and considering businesses are businesses it's important that they turn a profit especially their projected profit. It fucking sucks that fans of a series have to eat the overhead costs just to keep the damn thing alive but there's not much we can do but hope SC6 sells extremely well for Bandai Namco to have more faith in the series to give future games a bigger budget.
Eh, I dont think theres any reason to assume theyll think itll be on the low end of sales.
They seemed to have actually put alot effort into its marketing.
I cant imagine it, upon launch selling lower than SFV at launch.
Also I like DLC. I dont assume companies should give me the world for $60. It also can greatly extend the life of a game. It also has the chance to boost sales if "this" or "that" character is added.

I heard that someone also reccorded a footage of Lizardman, and he did see Sophitia's RE animation. So for me this Lizardman is not "finished / polished" enough to take a slot now.

Or if he does, he needs more animation!

This is a bit annoying. Why work halfway(or less) on a movelist? Either skip it entirely, just using Sophie's movelist, or finish Aeon's movelist completely but i suppose development cant really be perfectly planned and executed. This also heavily implies Aeon will be first on the DLC which is also annoying. They could at least mix it up a bit with popular/unpopular characters. For example Cassandra and Aeon in season 1, then Hwang and Setsuka. Instead it looks like they will force Hwang and Aeon out first knowing damn well most people dont want that.

Yea, no news or surprises from here to launch seems..weird.
I hope they have something else up their sleeves.

Guest... that is about it. I dont consider Hwang and Aeon an "Ace". Despite the fact i personally am looking forward to Hwang, i dont speak for the majority.

I don't like Lizardman, never have. But I think Lizardman has the potential for a really emotional story if told right; man turned into mindless monster AND a slave to Soul Edge (yeah I know Siegfried could be considered the same, but still). They could really turn that into a deep, depressive story and expand on it. If 2P costumes had been a thing I'd go as far as to have Aeon the human as one of them, and Lizardman as the other, name change and everything.

Right now he's not popular because they never try that hard with him story-wise and just make him a generic enemy, plus he's generally had a copied fighting style for the most part which in itself isn't too bad but doesn't do him any favors. I'd honestly feel for the guy if they put a bit of emotion into his story but right now he's kinda like "eh".

However there are definitely characters I would rather see than him so as much as I want him to have a shot (kinda like Hwang) at being given a more detailed story and such, I'd rather not lose Amy or anybody else's favourites (Cass, Sets, etc.) in favor of him, especially if we're talking those precious 3 remaining DLC. If he's base game then fair enough.

I never cared for Hwang much either but he always intrigued me because he was from the first game, so I'd really love to see a modern re-imagining of him that isn't just a CAS/Bonus Character. Honestly even though I don't care for him at all and he's boring as fuck, I'd love to see Rock in this game just to complete the SCI roster and make it feel like a full callback. Again though, not at the expense of more popular characters. I'm hoping Astaroth has a mace of some kind so we can make an easy Rock CAS at least, which is what I did in SCV.

I decided I'm not gonna do the Online demo thing. 'cause my life sucks, my plan had always been to make October 19th the most special day of the year for me. I was gonna probably pull an all-nighter, splash out on my favourite booze and just play SCVI until I couldn't stay conscious, lol. I feel like that would be spoiled if I got my hands on the game early and was forced to play a mode I don't wanna play, plus it'd feel like having a carrot dangled in front of me and then taken away, like "you want this game huh? You want this game? Fuck you, come back in 3 weeks".

For those of you who DO play it though, make sure to record tons of videos :D

With Soulcalibur VI just weeks away and my fluttering butterfly of the night nowhere in sight, I thought I'd put some positive Amy vibes into the universe in the hopes they, and she will come back to me in the new game as precious DLC.
Father and daughter must be reunited. Make it happen, Namco!
SCAmyGraphic003-2.png

Back