Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I think it's just part of his charm. He is supposed to be a Robin Hood type and is probably meant to be the token weirdo when he is in Tekken. I think that he has the kabuki aescetic regardless of the fake-ass leak and always did. Speaking of which, I want to see full art just for his crest/emblem. I really can't tell what it is in the video.

But the neon green looks more sci-fi than it should for the series. It's almost like a design that works better for his descendant.

And why is Yoshimitsu besides having a blatant weapon the only one with a connection to the two games? Why haven't we had a Mishima/Kazama ancestor? Even an Aztec warrior wearing something like King's mask would be pretty cool or something. Probably might be out of place...

Speaking of which, I want to see full art just for his crest/emblem. I really can't tell what it is in the video.
It's a skull surrounded by flames in the traditional japanese style.

img_visual.png

I can't watch good SC6 gameplay --- it makes it hard handle the urge to finally have fun smashing people into the ground !!!!!!
And to have fu-cking great matches with friends !!!!!
I wann play Ivy - Nightmare - Yoshi - Cervantes - Aeon/Lizardman

Maybe it's just me, but is anyone else getting a Nightmare vibe from Yoshimitsu's armor? It's got the azure coloring with the gold accents, and the eyes, while not really like Soul Edge, just... has some of that feeling. It might not amount to anything, but it kind of reminds me of Dampierre's joking that he is Nightmare, at least on the surface. Kind of odd to me that they would use the same colors.

Both of Yoshimitsu's voice actors (ENG & JPN) do a terrific job with the character. It just happens that they both have drastically different approaches, which can be surprising if you're used to one but not the other. Personally I think that the Japanese actor gives Yoshimitsu more gravitas without sacrificing the weirdness so important to the character.

His design feels a lot more "modern" compared to something I'd imagine fitting into SC rather than tekken.

Both of Yoshimitsu's voice actors (ENG & JPN) do a terrific job with the character.
Sorry but Yoshimitsu from Tekken 1 to Tekken 7 have clownish and freaky looking, voice and fight style (with moves "Ninjacopter","Mr Harakiri" and "Sillajutsu")
Yoshimitsu from SC 1 to SC 5 have clownish and freaky looking, voice and fight style (with moves "Ninjacopter","Mr Harakiri" and "Sillajutsu")
In SC5 his english voice acting completely coincides with the voice acting in this trailer

P.S.:"If you are served coffee, then do not try to look for beer in it. If you, my dear sir, like beer more than anything, it's your right. But if you are willing to seek beer in any drink, and shout "Coffee is a bad beer!", I resolutely refuse to understand you" (Anton Chekhov)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_Chekhov

His design feels a lot more "modern" compared to something I'd imagine fitting into SC rather than tekken.
It's the green eyes and mouth being a light source. It's supposed to be a fiery green glow that's doing it, but winds up looking more electrical than intended.

I've been watching old SCI-III streams/videos and I noticed how different the stages used to be in sizes and shapes, like the rounded ones and half-moons and stuff. So far all of SCVI's stages seem to follow the same 'large square' shape except for Snowcapped Showdown which is different. All the stages are beautiful, don't get me wrong, I just hope for some more interesting/varied shapes and sizes in future stages. The fact that through various character reveals we've seen over half of the the stages that would take up the 12 slots does worry me a little. I really hope there are more stages than that. Having seen all the SCI stages though, I really hope to see more of those get recreated 'cause there were some cool looking ones. I felt like SCIV and SCV dropped the ball with stages, especially V. I hope the final boss in arcade has a cool 'alternate dimension' stage like Inferno did too instead of just a creepy castle like Nightmare in V.

Either way the stages in SCVI are looking amazing so I won't be that disappointed if they're a little lacking in variety when it comes to shape.

Apparently in SCVI the camera takes on a different angle when playing against he AI similar to the 'Extra' Arcade in SCV. I really hope there's an option to turn that off 'cause I hated that perspective and it really threw off my positioning (I always felt like I was closer to the enemy than I actually was). It looks a little toned down in SCVI at least but I'd still just rather have the normal camera angle.

I'm trying not to get overhype for E3 but I'm hoping so much that we'll see more character reveals and maybe some Story Mode/CAS type stuff since they promised we'd have that soon. To be honest though I just want gameplay of all the newly announced characters. I feel like we've been waiting far too long to see Ivy and Zas at least.

I read this on another site but how would you feel if Tiras transformation from Jolly to Gloomy was her soul charge instead of her normal means of transformation.

I read this on another site but how would you feel if Tiras transformation from Jolly to Gloomy was her soul charge instead of her normal means of transformation.

Eh, would be a weird downgrade. I think just having her stay in Gloomy until you hit her out if it (after the SC cooldown) is okay. Maybe it make even need an attack/combo of a certain amount.

that makes me wonder and worry now as a Tira main. i would hope for a "chaotic" or "frenzy" mode that made her do crazy stuff outside of jolly and gloomy. so in that she would have 3 modes: jolly, gloomy, rage

that makes me wonder and worry now as a Tira main. i would hope for a "chaotic" or "frenzy" mode that made her do crazy stuff outside of jolly and gloomy. so in that she would have 3 modes: jolly, gloomy, rage

I wouldn't be totally against Soul Charge changing between Gloomy/Jolly but I think her core gameplay revolves around being able to change more frequently.

I LOVE the idea of Soul Charge being a kind of mental snap where she just goes full psycho though. That would be epic.

I really don't like the sound of this, like mentioned earlier, I feel like this would be a huge downgrade and would defeat the fun appeal of managing her moods. However, if it did go this way, I could end up loving it if the team does something cool with it, so I guess i'll have to wait and see!

I think this would be sickkkk, but it seems like it would be similar to Kilik's???

Tira's mood-switch being SC is a pretty bad idea, as managing her modes is a core of her playstyle and a very interesting aspect of her.
But if it would be a third mode instead, a "snap" - that would be pretty cool. And I don't think that she will be any similar to Kilik, as they are in a very different situations in regards to "evil seed". Kilik is "infested" and can't control impulse of bloodlust that comes with it, while Tira is voluntary in contact with that power. Tira is basically an Akuma to Kilik's Ryu in that case (if we would compare that to Satsui No Hado, which is kinda similar in whole "invokes uncontrollable rage/bloodlust in exchange for power" thing). Also her third mood won't be "rage" I think, more like "Sadistic Ecstasy" or something, that would be more in line with her character. Also Tira's fighting style is much more graceful, which also makes her potential "Snap" mood much different from Kilik's.

Back