Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Thinking it may be something like Weapon Master.

One concern is that it may be like Lost Swords or TOLS in that you need to dress silly to do well.

Maybe stats and effects are tied to Battle Type?

Is it true that the game only has 11 stages? That's paltry...

Also, that means we've only got Mitsurugi's stage that we've yet to see. (E3 demo had 7 stages, plus that Astaroth-ish stage).

Reason I say Mitsurugi has a stage is because there was a Duelists remix in the reveal trailer.

The snow stage sounds like a Mitsurugi theme kinda.

But I do hope there’s more. The select screen has space for two more.

And sadly Sophie’s shield changed on her alternate color. Maybe she’ll get an alt the same color? The others seem to match previous 2Ps...

Nightmare, Ivy, Mitsurugi, Sophitia, and Siegfried are the most iconic of the series.

Nothing has been confirmed about that.

The demo build we've been seeing are not the final product. We won't know how many stages or base characters the game will have until very close to release day or at release day.

Hopefully there will be a stage for each character. I was looking at sciii and all the stages were so amazing. Can’t they reuse some older stages from 4 and 5? Like Cervantes ship in 5 could be used again just to have options.

The new mode, whatever it is, I hope is custom tailored to be for CaS, to give them real agency like we haven't seen since Chronicles of the Sword. It would even be nice to get a prequel to that mode, to see what happened before the conflict that we played out occurred, get some more backstory on the key players, along with some new ones, of course.

How about a prequel to Soul Edge, where Vercii hires your CAS to find Soul Edge for him?
And in the end you get killed by Cervantes, who reaps the benefit of your hard work.

The snow stage sounds like a Mitsurugi theme kinda.

But I do hope there’s more. The select screen has space for two more.
One of the two stages is the one shown here at 0:44 :
Which is weird because it's not available in the stage select screen...

So that means one more left, assuming the UI is final.

We don't have a Japanese-themed stage yet, and we've heard Mitsu's theme in the reveal trailer, so my bet is the last stage would be Mitsurugi's stage

We pretty much have all of them, including that one and the Astral Chaos. Still feels weird there isn't either the Valentine Mansion or the Money Pit...

What are the most 5 iconic SC characters in your opinion?

Mine:

Nightmare, Cervantes, Ivy, Sophitia and Voldo

If iconic you mean most recognizable// influential
1. Ivy
2. Nightmare
3. Siegfried
4. Taki
5. Sophhitia

If you mean most popular (totally based on who I PERSONALLY think are most popular)
1. Ivy
2. Talim
3. Amy
4. Sophy
5. Seong Mi-na

The last one that's left is Astral Chaos you can see in the Story Trailer (it's where Inferno confronts Xianghua).
Hmm, then where do you think that Mitsurugi's Duelists remix from the reveal trailer will be played at?
And a Soul Calibur without a Japanese-themed stage doesn't seem right.

Hopefully this means the UI is not final.

Back