Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

His source is about as reliable as Verg's, who everyone loves here for some reason despite getting more wrong than right and making up a new source whenever he's not getting enough attention.

Not a fan of this. It will upset more people than it will please.

I'd rather my favorite not be in the game than reduced to a reskinned clone. Cassandra plays very differently to Sophitia and doing this would just piss me off. I can deal with characters being cut (I'd be incredibly salty but eventually get over it) but this is worse than that.

I hope it's fake.
After just seeing Rothion in SCVI's story mode, this "leak" smells like bullshit since he wasn't even mentioned.

My current guess using the famitsu picture:
Podcast 2018-06-21 00-25-45-989.jpg

I feel like most of this could be correct, but Seong Mi-Na could be anything and the Cervantes/Astaroth slots could be switched around with eachother or be in Mi-Na's slot. And I also assume one of these slots would be a new character.

His source is about as reliable as Verg's, who everyone loves here for some reason despite getting more wrong than right and making up a new source whenever he's not getting enough attention.
Vergeben has gotten some extremely specific stuff right, like explaining Groh's weapon before he was announced. Maybe parts of the stuff he's said are false, but he's got one source which has gotten some things very right.

Seong Mi-na really doesn't fit that slot. As has been noted, the characters in the list have "groups" going for them. In what way does Seong Mi-na mesh between Cervantes and Astaroth? It doesn't make sense for her to be there at all. Also, swap Voldo and Talim.

You mean explaining Groh's weapon after we saw it at the end of the initial announcement trailer. Sure the character wasn't officially announced yet but we had already seen his weapon, and it's a pretty obvious guess that it splits apart considering it looks like he's holding two swords by their ends.

The characters will be talking to each other mid story mode battle, as you can see text/subtitle in Maxi vs Mitsurugi's screenshot. That's awesome.

And maybe my Japanese sucks, but the way it worded there's battle part and conversation part. Sounds like not every dot have battle, hope I'm wrong.

View attachment 49554

I feel like most of this could be correct, but Seong Mi-Na could be anything and the Cervantes/Astaroth slots could be switched around with eachother or be in Mi-Na's slot. And I also assume one of these slots would be a new character.

Vergeben has gotten some extremely specific stuff right, like explaining Groh's weapon before he was announced. Maybe parts of the stuff he's said are false, but he's got one source which has gotten some things very right.
Talim in 1583?
30922219_204356497017065_5529516853090582528_n.jpg

The leak has a few interesting possibilities, but I just don't see they giving that many bonus characters, maybe Lizardman is a CaS so they can make fodder enemies in story mode or something. But otherwise I don't know if I believe in everything said there, specially considering Hwag would come as a Yun clone and not the other way around.

The new Reddit leak is 100% fake.

Rothion might be just a CaS for Sophitia's story mode. Remember Fredrick in Siegfried SCIV story mode & Xianglian in Kilik's SCIV story mode.

4:19 - Xianglian CaS with Xianghua's style

1:43 - Fredrick CaS with Siegfried's style

It could be bollocks, for all we know, but someone just dropped this bomb on reddit:

This is cool but, Ill be really upset/sad if Cassandra isnt included as a REAL offical character as she made 12th on one popularity poll and 7th on another.

Her style is very distinct and she (seem to be) a fan favorite. During the SCIV days I could swear I saw more of her over Sophi by FAR.
I just want this roster revealed already damnit lol

If Cassie does come back she’ll have a bigger set than Sophie’s?

Stop snickering. But to me the list looks like it can be her and the Lizardmen are genetics that copy the sisters.

View attachment 49554
I don't know. The names do fit, but the timeline does not. Talim, Raphael, and Astaroth being early-only characters while Cervantes shows up only near the end would make no sense within the continuity. The only one I'm sure everyone agrees with is Tira, who only appears at the very end.

I don't know. The names do fit, but the timeline does not. Talim, Raphael, and Astaroth being early-only characters while Cervantes shows up only near the end would make no sense within the continuity. The only one I'm sure everyone agrees with is Tira, who only appears at the very end.
Yeah, I focused more on the names fitting than anything else (and I'm really not sure who would be in the Mi-Na slot, that seems to be a rather long name). I'm not sure if I can find a good combination where the timeline fits with name lengths. If we assume they didn't make Talim younger for this game, then she has to be in the last blurred slot.

Unless you see a closed book icon, not necessarily only, and there's indeterminately long stretches between dots, anyone who starts at the start could feasibly also have events in 1590, as far as we know right now. You unlock more dots as you do more main story seems to be. But the timelines could just be placeholders for all we know, like that discrepancy I noted earlier in the thread, they can be moved around freely and may just be red herrings to throw us off for right now. But name length and name groupings I feel is more than sound a theory for predicting them.

(and I'm really not sure who would be in the Mi-Na slot, that seems to be a rather long name)
Lizardman.

Shouldn't Rothion be on this guy's list? I am not too sure about this.
Yeah, if they're gonna have a bunch of presets like this it would make sense they'd include major story characters. Also, Lizardman using Sophitia's moveset? I know he's got some moves from her, but a lot animations would look really bizarre using his body model.

Back