Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

patroklos-story2.jpg
patroklos-story2.jpg

I’m probably going to get a little bit of controversy for this, but whatever...

I personally was ok with Patroklos. He’s not my favourite character in the series but I’d say he’s far from the worst. I honestly thought they were trying to start Pat out as a flawed protagonist on purpose, a character who was blinded by his vengeance for the death of his mother and hatred for the malfested, which made him easily manipulated by Nightmare and Elysium in the first place. I did however find his redemption to be rather rushed and not much build up to him becoming his aPat self, though I feel that’s more because of the story just being 1/4 complete due to the game being somewhat unfinished.

Patroklos as a whole I’d describe is a decent character but felt better on paper and coming up a bit short in terms of execution. I will say his fighting style is pretty fun on the much brighter side of things.

Last edited:
my fellow taki mains, our character is officially dead

no unblockable ninja bomb
no unblockable cancel during possesion
no low kick during possesion

my fellow taki mains, our character is officially dead

no unblockable ninja bomb
no unblockable cancel during possesion
no low kick during possesion
The game still has a lot more time to develop, I wouldn’t worry too much and it sounds like there’s gonna be more support

Patroklos is funny, especially in Japanese so I do like him as a character and it's refreshing to see a protagonist who isn't a typical hero. At least he isn't bland and boring like Rock and Seong Mi-na. The only thing I don't like, is that he essentially replaced Setsuka.

It's not about this comment.I'm talking about his behavior overall.
English is not my native language, I'm sorry if sometimes I sound a bit too hash. It's not easy to explain your feeling if you're talking in a language that is not yours.

If I understood correctly, then most of you did not like the rejuvenation of the roster in SC5.
I will try to say a few words in defense for this idea.
One and the same ideas are gradually boring buyers, for this reason they require new stuff (new heroes, new battle moves, new battle stages etc)
For this reason, you can not eternal sell the same goods. The authors of the game understand this well, and decided to rejuvenate the roster.
And they are not the only ones who did this, the authors of another popular fighting game (Street Fighter 5) did the same - They replaced the old heroes with their younger counterparts.
For example: the old Blanca was replaced by a new Necalli, Abel was replaced by Ed, design of the Ken was very much reworked etc.
Most of the innovations and replacements of this game I liked, especially the alternative costume for Ed("young dictator"). Because Ed, like Abel, is a clone of Mr Bison, my old dream came true - to see what a Mr Bison was looked in his youth ages.
For these reasons, I do not see anything wrong and criminal with rejuvenating the roster and replacings in the SC5.

Last edited:
Back