Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

It is Just Guard, but it gives no advantage now.

It nullifies chip damage and gives you a little bit of meter. It does not have any effect on the frame data.
Ok good to hear, that makes a lot more sense. The game already has GI if you want to punish predictable moves/multihits with gaps. Sitting in training for an hour getting AA JG timings for a better punish was annoying as sin.

Concerning #SoulCaliburVI after playing it with FR players, we all agree that the new characters from E3 build are much stronger and worked (in their gameplan and style) than the previous chars from the EVO Japan build. There is a huge gap between them, i hope it will be fixed.

https://twitter.com/Kayane/status/1014573453670838288

Xiang, Mitsu, Nightmare look quite incomplete or pretty much the same from their old SC version but weaker...compared to Taki, Yoshi, Maxi, Ivy, Zasa...that have changed and look very strong. They really feel new, fitting to SCVI. I’m more interested in Taki style than X

https://twitter.com/Kayane/status/1014574573252210706

Idk if it has been shared. Just Kayane's thoughts

Last edited:
A
Also @JohnMcKee -- I appreciate your optimism, but the story trailer / deluxe edition literally says three playable characters, plus bonus playable character with season pass, so four playable characters as DLC. It's pretty straightforward with what's going to happen, I'm not sure why we're debating this (to the entire thread).

aY3PJ7F.jpg
After Tekken 7's shenanigans I'm not ordering a deluxe edition or season pass till I know exactly what im getting in detail.
I'm not going to be conned again with that "30 customes" dlc, which turns out to be the default player 1 costume with Gold recolour.

Screw that. The price can only drop anyways. I'll wait.

After Tekken 7's shenanigans I'm not ordering a deluxe edition or season pass till I know exactly what im getting in detail.
I'm not going to be conned again with that "30 customes" dlc, which turns out to be the default player 1 costume with Gold recolour.

Screw that. The price can only drop anyways. I'll wait.
I highly doubt that will be the case with SoulCalibur VI. Tekken's customization has always sucked, while SoulCalibur's customization has mostly only gotten better with each new installment. At worst (which isn't even a bad thing, IMO), the two packs of parts will be 1p/2p costumes from the main cast, to kind of mirror what SoulCalibur V did, or it could be legacy stuff like both SoulCalibur IV and SoulCalibur V had. Probably a few bonus swimsuits and modern clothing too, like seen in the Japanese vendor-specific preorder bonuses.

I highly doubt that will be the case with SoulCalibur VI. Tekken's customization has always sucked, while SoulCalibur's customization has mostly only gotten better with each new installment. At worst (which isn't even a bad thing, IMO), the two packs of parts will be 1p/2p costumes from the main cast, to kind of mirror what SoulCalibur V did, or it could be legacy stuff like both SoulCalibur IV and SoulCalibur V had. Probably a few bonus swimsuits and modern clothing too, like seen in the Japanese vendor-specific preorder bonuses.
If they're smart, they will not put 1p/2p costumes from the main cast as DLC for CaS, mirroring SC5 is hardly ever a good idea, specially in this case. 1p/2p costumes are an in-disc thing by default, removing them from CaS to make them DLC is a dick move. Previous installment costumes as DLC is acceptable, current ones are a shit choice.

I find it weird how, no one else said anything like that, yah sure people said a few characters are stronger than others, but the implication is that everyone is good still, just some characters have a few better tools, which makes sense cuz the original 6 characters have been touring so their most stupid stuff will be balanced out.

Also, the incomplete part is kinda of bizarre, Mitsu regained, 2 stances I think, X got a brand new one and Nighty got 2 stances as well. I wonder how much of this is just a concealed "X got a few re-works and I preferred her in the first build".

I find it weird how, no one else said anything like that, yah sure people said a few characters are stronger than others, but the implication is that everyone is good still, just some characters have a few better tools, which makes sense cuz the original 6 characters have been touring so their most stupid stuff will be balanced out.

The EVO Japan Build lasted 4 months. I sure that the E3 Build would last till SCVI's official release. Siegfried's is really strong in the E3 Build.

Also, the incomplete part is kinda of bizarre, Mitsu regained, 2 stances I think, X got a brand new one and Nighty got 2 stances as well. I wonder how much of this is just a concealed "X got a few re-works and I preferred her in the first build".

Mitsu has Relic again because he lost that stance in SCV. Nightmare has NLS, NBS, & Terror Charge again. Xianghua just has a new SXS transition with 3A2, 6B2, 9KK2, & 22_88K2. In the E3 Build, Xianghua's CH 6BB now launches backwards & 66BB is now a NC. CH 66BB has a new stun animation.

I don't really think T7 or SFV are balanced well. T7 for tournaments prioritizes characters with "easy" gameplans. And many characters have few or no weaknesses, while others have glaring weaknesses with few apparent countermeasures.

That a very odd metric when it comes to balance when an Eddy player just won a major. Its that its not balanced well, you're just seeing top level play with something on the line so experimentation with lower tier characters isn't gonna happen.

SFV is the same thing..

SC's balance issues is that the series has never really had a balanced entry without SOMETHING going wrong.

I am sure I watched 99% of SC6 gameplay on youtube like 2 times now .... I NEED NEW INFO/GAMEPLAY !
Na sounds like your obsessed with it, you gotta go do something else and take a break by then new info and the game itself would be out before you know it.

This time around i'm sure there's a reveal.
I don't know why but this is the reveal i'm more anxious about so far.

Back