Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

No matter which side of the argument you're, you have to feel bad for Okubo and his team, who likely have no control over what is set as DLC or how. They have taken what we all thought was a dead franchise and potentially made the best in the series. It must suck to be in his position, after creating so much content tailored to the complaints he heard from fans after Soul Calibur 5.

No matter which side of the argument you're, you have to feel bad for Okubo and his team, who likely have no control over what is set as DLC or how. They have taken what we all thought was a dead franchise and potentially made the best in the series. It must suck to be in his position, after creating so much content tailored to the complaints he heard from fans after Soul Calibur 5.
I completely agree. No matter how furious people get I can see the right and wrong in both sides.
I just hope the creation mode has a lot of new stuff because promoting it and showcasing all the recycled equipment from previous games does not do justice do their work.

Tira appears to be what TvTropes.org calls a “Secondary Color Nemesis”. So many of her costumes had green and purple as her color scheme.

7673CFAF-FB7A-4D04-8930-F20A2ADF75FC.jpeg

Not sure if it’s been posted, but it seems is confirmed that 1P costume pieces are available from the getgo because Maxi’s jacket is visible here, as is Kilik’s belt(?).

I'm kinda sad that hex editing won't be a thing anymore for consoles, and that pc modding will run completely rampant; I liked the puzzle of working within limitations of what was actually in the game to make cool stuffs. :/ The CAS seems to have the same problems V did with sizing/clipping and such.

It doesn't feel right that Tira is paid DLC.
She's been in every game since 3, she's a staple now. They can't just suddenly make a returning vet a paid dlc when the game's still not even out yet. I could understand if they announced brand new faces like gr0w as paid dlc, but Tira? come the fuck on.

It doesn't feel right that Tira is paid DLC.
She's been in every game since 3, she's a staple now. They can't just suddenly make a returning vet a paid character when the game's still not even out yet. I could understand if they announced brand new faces like gr0w as paid dlc, but Tira? come the fuck on.

It doesn’t feel right but it honestly could have been worse. Imagine knowing a portion of your whole $30 season pass included Dampierre of all people. If they were going to put characters behind a paywall for profit, I’d much rather they be characters we’re actually gonna give a shit about lol.

Knowing SC’s situation and the once-a-possibility that we weren’t even gonna get a game after SCV, they’re trying their hardest to get the game off its feet and up in the air.

Well, I wasn't expecting anything this early on in Gamescom, and instead I wake up to what looks to be an interesting enough 2nd story mode for what it will be, however it turns out, and a Tira reveal trailer. I couldn't care less about the fact she's DLC, I'm just happy to see her in at all since there was no telling for sure that she would be in, albeit a strong likelihood. I also have to say that design-wise, this has to be my absolute favorite overall out of her costumes, especially with the clear nod to her SCIII look. Can't wait to get to work training with her when the game's out.

Much as I intend to play everyone with how good they all look, and fun, she's definitely gonna have to be my main among the female characters, with Nightmare for my main man as always. I couldn't care less about all of the gripes there might be from some, I can't help but still feel that this is shaping up to be the best installment in the series at this rate. Good on Project Soul and Okubo-san with how this all looks.

That said, I do have one minor concern, as it could make the difference between some of my friends getting it and into the series or not. On the PSN store page, it says the game is 2-2 Network Players. I really hope this is just a placeholder and that we'll get proper info on the lobby sizes when we get info on the online side of things. I'd like to be able to play with a group of friends and/or a lobby full of randoms, not that this would effect my purchase. That said, that would be quite the downgrade to me, just like the horrible online implementation for SCII:HDO comes across as. Small thing as I noticed no one mentioned it, but I'm sure that's gotta just be a placeholder player count, or so I hope and will believe until proven other-wise.

Well, I wasn't expecting anything this early on in Gamescom, and instead I wake up to what looks to be an interesting enough 2nd story mode for what it will be, however it turns out, and a Tira reveal trailer. I couldn't care less about the fact she's DLC, I'm just happy to see her in at all since there was no telling for sure that she would be in, albeit a strong likelihood. I also have to say that design-wise, this has to be my absolute favorite overall out of her costumes, especially with the clear nod to her SCIII look. Can't wait to get to work training with her when the game's out.

Much as I intend to play everyone with how good they all look, and fun, she's definitely gonna have to be my main among the female characters, with Nightmare for my main man as always. I couldn't care less about all of the gripes there might be from some, I can't help but still feel that this is shaping up to be the best installment in the series at this rate. Good on Project Soul and Okubo-san with how this all looks.

That said, I do have one minor concern, as it could make the difference between some of my friends getting it and into the series or not. On the PSN store page, it says the game is 2-2 Network Players. I really hope this is just a placeholder and that we'll get proper info on the lobby sizes when we get info on the online side of things. I'd like to be able to play with a group of friends and/or a lobby full of randoms, not that this would effect my purchase. That said, that would be quite the downgrade to me, just like the horrible online implementation for SCII:HDO comes across as. Small thing as I noticed no one mentioned it, but I'm sure that's gotta just be a placeholder player count, or so I hope and will believe until proven other-wise.

I’m fairly certain the 2-2 just means that only two people can feasibly fight in a match at any given time, but the lobbies might be the same size they were in IV/V (or bigger, maybe).

I’m fairly certain the 2-2 just means that only two people can feasibly fight in a match at any given time, but the lobbies might be the same size they were in IV/V (or bigger, maybe).

That would make sense, as I don't see how any more than that would ever work, aside from some sort of tag system. I'm hoping for at least the 6-player limit like SCV lobbies, or 8-player like Tekken 7 since I seem to recall reading that the net-code for SCVI was going to already implement what they learned from T7 about online and input delay fixes from the start.

Just from watching that trailer for Libra of Souls Mode, I can see it has a mix of both Weapon Master Mode and Tales of Souls mode, but leaning more towards ToS since you can create your own character. Speaking of CaS, I'm glad that's back as well. As for the final boss looking guy, he looks very interesting to me, but as far as being Grøh's father, I don't see the resemblance between them. Grøh is from Norway and this guy is supposedly from India or somewhere in the South Asia region as the trailer probably suggests. If anything he looks more like a cross between the Mandarin, the Undertaker, and especially Shang Tsung. Either way, I'm hyped for LoS.

It's not unusual to reveal DLC before the last of the initial roster lately. Just relax folks. At least the DLC isn't Dampierre or Algol levels of trash.

But Mage and Groh wear similar gauntlets and colors.

Today was great

-New Story Mode that uses CaS for people like me that wanted a good single player mode

-CaS that has 1P parts and other parts from the older games.

-TIRA ! I was going to preorder the game anyway so its not big deal for me that she is DLC also SHE LOOKS SICK

-And another new character

Yeah i certainly don't blame him for this shit. I understand he doesn't have Harada or Ono levels of weight in making demands, so he's forced to submit to the execs' wills in a lot of ways.
View attachment 50418

Not sure if it’s been posted, but it seems is confirmed that 1P costume pieces are available from the getgo because Maxi’s jacket is visible here, as is Kilik’s belt(?).
1Ps from the start is pretty cool. At least they learned that lesson.

Back