Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

OK thanks for clarifying, that's clearer. You get Tira with the season pass regardless, but if you don't want to wait you need to preorder the season pass. I preordered the CE, which according to gamestop should contain the season pass so I guess I'm all right.
Still, I really think the information about this and the editions of the game has been handled extremely badly, it's almost Microsoft branding departement levels of incompetency.
With how poorly they did the information for Tira I'm going to need them to actually state all of those things before I buy into any of them. Don't get me wrong I'm getting the game and the season pass...but I fully understand that this is a really dumb move on their part and it should be discussed. I imagine they will lose a good amount of potential buyers because of this poor marketing maneuver.

In light of this:

- Tira is day one DLC.
- Having the SP means not paying for her separately. This should be obvious though I think.
- She can be bought on her own if you're into that.

Edit: Univra beat me with the post but, yes hopefully that tweet answers any questions you may have.

So that means they haven't announced the pre-order character yet. That's weird, you'd think they'd be announced before any other DLC character.

There is something i'm thinking a lot about, right now i feel there is good chance there will be a new female character

Lemme explain:

So we may have 2 other new characters right now, Libra Illuminati dude AND Groh's dad, so those 2 plus Groh. So... 3 New characters, and 3 new Male characters.

I dunno about you guys, but i can hardly imagine Namco will add 3 new characters while no new female character at all, for me that would be very surprising, especially in a Japanese fighting game, and from Namco knowing their format for SC and their other FGs in general. I don't know if you guys get my point lol

PS: This is not a post to start some war Male VS Female character, that just some assumption about some possibility (imo) on having a new female character in the game

This thing didn't affect me at all to begin with I already had in plan to but the game multiple times (Especially if Amy is in I will have to double everything like I said earlier xD) I want the game to succeed so we can have more SC in the future.
These last years were horrible (at least they could have done a HD remake or port SCV on PS4 like DOA5 did...)

Oh and I think they should do the Street fighter thing for season pass, you know the shadow thing so we can at least have something, just to know what they might be buying /getting (it would be even better to do the injustice 2 thing with a trailer that reveal the characters without their gameplay)

I really do think the wizard guy is Groh's das. Specially if we consider he was leaked as a boss.

I'm actually still considering this possibility, even tho seems more unlikely seen based our beloved @Vergeben the 2 character doesn't seem to have the same voice actors?

Also i was thinking, maybe the next character trailer reveal will be the trailer for that new Wizard Libra guy.

Ah, so Tira may actually take one of those slots on the character select screen, but I don't think the other DLC do, because it'd be weird to have empty slots there for months on end.

Also, I'm not sure why people are worried about Aeon. If anything, it should now be an absolute lock in everyone's mind that he's in the game with all of the context that's been given so far.

I also think PS, not only wanting to get the hype now, but because they realize the day one DLC character is not a well-liked thing, needed to get this out of the way now. I believe they have quite a bit more to reveal, and come a month from now all will be forgiven.

And, if mage guy is playable, wouldn't Inferno possibly be playable too? I'd rather both not be and they just have boss movesets.

It'll be really fucking funny if people who splurged for the $150 collector's edition can't play Tira day one because the didn't pre-order the deluxe edition.
So preordering the deluxe edition is the only way of preordering the season pass for console users? View attachment 50432

A shit show, truly
Right??? I'm one of those people that pre ordered the collectors edition. But I assumed it would mean I'm not missing anything. Wtf??? If that's the case I dont mind actually grading down to deluxe (although I did want the artbook and the statue)
@Norik -- I was going to say that that image might be reversed, for some reason, but Nightmare is using Soul Edge with his left hand, as he should, so that's not right either. I feel like, perhaps, Lizardman's style just isn't complete, and they decided to show that we could make Lizardmen before revealing Lizardman, and in the final product, he'll have his own style and they'll all be left-handed properly, with sword or axe as you choose. Patroklos and Pyrrha shared some weapons in SoulCalibur V, so it's not impossible that Sophitia and Lizardman wouldn't share weapons in the same way.
That's some very wishful thinking. And as much as I'd like to see this actually implemented, I have no faith it'll actually happen (p._.)p

Gather them NEET bucks and take the plunge!

-

And Verbebebeggeenenenn has already corrected himself on the "two voice actors" thing. He was mistaking the narrator's voice for being the new bosses voice. This is not the case. The narrator is Zas, and the new boss says something about joining him and that line is done by another voice actor separate from Zas's voice actor.

Voice Actor:
Taliesin Jaffe

Edit
Where the hell is my spoiler
Fuck it, no spoiler for the VA name

For some inexplicable reason, not a single store in my area (Netherlands) has the Deluxe edition available. I did find a few that have the Collector's edition, but I'm not paying 50 euro's extra for a statue I don't really care about. If this still doesn't change by the time the game releases, then my only option would be to pre-order the digital version from the Playstation store. But there is absolutely no reason to do that when I can just buy the game and season pass seperately for the same amount of money. Also, the digital version obviously doesn't include the steelbook and soundtrack cd, but the price is the same as the physical Deluxe edition so it's not even worth paying for. What fucking nonsense.

Back