Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

You know, looking back on yesterday's screenshots, isn't this guy using a Cervantes weapon too, or is it just me blanking on other weapons? It kind of looks like he has a sword in his other hand, but the angle makes it hard to see:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlOPVB8UwAAkkeH.jpg:orig
DlOPVB8UwAAkkeH.jpg:orig

The danger is that people hate anti-consumer policies and no, publicity of that sort is likely to give Soul Calibur 6 the Battlefront 2 treatment. I think Namco is underestimating the amount of sales they can get just by the great content they have shown so far. That's a shame.

Not to mention the giants that the game have to compete with, like this is the worst moment to launch the game really.
Battlefield V is literally flopping because the genius head of the project said "Don't like don't buy it." and people are not buying.

You got to understand, release windows are negative if a bunch of games of the same genre are released at the same time, believe it or not the intersection of people who play SCVI, Red Dead and Call of duty is not that big.

FFFffffuuuuuu...
Well that's bad BUT it could be a good choice of priority, actually, because it's a fighting game first and foremost, so maybe they diverted working power to game mechanics, command lists, balance etc.

On the other hand i could be completely wrong and those things independent of each other. I'm not a game developer.

How high do you guys think is the chance we'll get 2P outfits via dlc?
Did they do that for Tekken?
I'd buy 2P outfits as dlc, if they're good and not something i could do myself in Creation.
You're not getting them as DLC really and it's mostly to do with business models today.

Why make 2p costumes when you could sell costume parts as DLC. You need default costumes, but right now there's a pretty heavy trend towards making default costumes unappealing and then doing DLC for what people want. This often winds up with lots of sex appeal DLC (Swimsuits for everyone), but also includes shit like classic birdie for SFV.

It's a shitty and annoying practice but also just how the market is going. The upside for something like SC is that at least you'll be getting CAS parts rather than costumes, but you're still going to be nickle and dimed the whole way.

From a dev side (speculating) it does make some sense as an official costume needs to be MUCH higher quality than individual parts. Not only must you make all the asethtics but then you need to make sure they interact with the character correctly (voldo being an obvious example where this is tricky). If you take the same parts and break them into CAS pieces you're saving dev time because while they can now use those parts for anything (good) it's unlikely they'll interact in a high quality manner (lots of clipping/weirdness, which is near impossible to prevent for something that'll be used across the cast and on a bunch of different body types).

If we're lucky namco will at least make sure that parts intended as 2p costumes for customization work well on the intended model, but I highly doubt they'll be anywhere near as high quality as if they were designed to be just for the character exclusively.

I'm already a little bit disappointed, but hopefully not by a lot when it releases. I was hoping for a huge cas improvment but i shouldve known better with namco. There dlc plan just sucks and I hope they support the game. I might just wait it out for a discount on the digital deluxe or something like usual.

Considering they have 1P/2P CAS Parts from SCV and SCVI I'm hopeful they'll have CAS parts from older games!

Or at least.... THEY BETTER!
That's what I said, when I saw the no 2p part. I'm guessing 1st 100 part is SC 4 and the 2nd is SC5. It will be the easiest for them and the best result.

So much for all the positive impact this game was having on the community. It's sad to see really.

Personally I'm still very excited for this game, regardless of the "flaws" that have recently surfaced. It's not like these things can't be patched and added at a later date and if they don't, oh well. I'm here for the story and gameplay that were lacking in the last instalment, not all the novelty items that have ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT on the game whatsoever. CaS is there, go make all the costumes you want, seriously.

I remember back in the day when you wouldn't get any coverage on games, you just kind of saw them on a shelf and took a chance on them and sometimes you'd come across a gem like I did with "Soul Blade" I didn't know anything about it at the time and it turned out to be one of the greatest fighters in my PS1 library. That being said, we're lucky to be able to see as much content as we have prior to release. Up until now what we've seen has been all good and promising content from this game.

Have some faith in Okubo and his team and try not to assume "This is going to be Soul Calibur 5 all over again" because unfortunately if anything kills this game at this point it's going to be the community. Why would developers provide ongoing support and content to a community that is non existent and otherwise just salty? No offense, but I miss reading through pages of support, excitement and speculation leading up to this game, much more than the past 30+ pages of toxic banter over such miniscule things.

We are getting Soul Calibur 6 in less than 2 months and so far the roster looks amazing. On top of that we have confirmed CaS with its OWN story mode, which looks to be packed with hours of content. On top of that we have the ability to create our fighter based on 16 different races, which personally I think is above and beyond anything anyone was ever expecting. I would personally bet that we are in for a real treat come Oct 19 and I'm still hella excited for this game.

2P costumes will be DLC in the future me thinks. Sad to hear that they didn't make it in but not at all surprised due to the evasive response over the question these past few months.

I have a lot of love for the franchise, if the EU version was shipped with the artbook I would've already ordered it.
However, a lot of people, including some of my friends, are discouraged to purchase the game on release now, so announcing the lack of a staple feature in the series that was there since Soul Edge isn't gonna make me feel more optimistic and I think a lot of us feel this way, unfortunately.

Back