Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

First, I think this kind of complaint is kinda poorly thought out, yes we're going to see returning equipments, because it makes no sense to make another generic shirt or plate of armor, when the ones present in the past game were good for use already.

Second, we already know there are new pieces and the races thing is mot likely meant to make the CaS in question easy to do, since you're not adding the item that makes the race look the part, for example now you don't have to waste a special equipment slot to make an elf.

Third, we saw Tira's corset and Gloves from her 2P in SCV, which bodes well as far as some costumes coming back goes, not only that with all the DLC things we saw on the CaS screenshots it is likely the DLC for Calibur VI will be unique.

I'm not talking about shirts, I'm talking about armors and hairstyles. Arguably, they the most attractive clothing options that are visually distinctive and right away I noticed the custom character they used to promote this new story-line as being almost entirely made up old CaS equipment and hair, which is just a bizarre decision when you are advertising a new game. It's not about what's good enough, it's about not having the same shit make up the majority of the game's content.

It would be different if 5 had ALL of 4's clothing content including DLC, along-side its own unique equipment, but most of the armors in 5 were from 4, with very few being new and even worse was that some of the base equipment from 4 didn't even make it into 5. If they're gonna take content from a past game, why not include all of the clothes?

If Soul Calibur 6 has every clothing option from 4 and 5, including DLCs from those games, alongside a hefty load of new equipment exclusive to 6 - then I will not complain.

However, I suspect 6 will have things nitpicked from 4 and 5 - no dlc items from those games, and a few new armors. Real poultry stuff, because why bulk CaS with new stuff when you can just add fluff and filler?

Why is the DLC having unique clothing a good thing? The main game should already have more unique stuff than the DLCs. The additional content should be... just additional content. It shouldn't be where we mostly get unique items from. That's rather lame.

Random, but, to anyone with an Amazon Prime account who pre-ordered SCVI already, did Amazon give you the 20% pre-order discount?
They didn't, but it's because I preordered the CE. They changed their policy earlier this year where you only get the -20% off on standard editions, for some reason, but that's going away by the end of the month, I think.

To calm us down, how about we think of the throwbacks to the SC lore being the some of the SC1 Destined Battle quotes and some CaS races referencing Olcadan, Scheherazade, and Ashlotte?

Even Kilik has his old hairstyle.

Or the irony that Setsuka is arguably a canonized version of Arthur in a way yet Groh who has an eyepatch and Arthurian themes also seems kind of a coincidence?

They didn't, but it's because I preordered the CE. They changed their policy earlier this year where you only get the -20% off on standard editions, for some reason, but that's going away by the end of the month, I think.

Well damn, I didn't know it only applied to standard editions. Guess I'm still paying $108 for my deluxe then. Kappa

Again, most of those items are generic, there is only so much you can do for hair, believe it or not and the same goes to armor. Having SCIV and V items + a few new ones is what I expect and what makes sense.

DLC having unique items is good because it justify it's existence.

Again, most of those items are generic, there is only so much you can do for hair, believe it or not and the same goes to armor. Having SCIV and V items + a few new ones is what I expect and what makes sense.

DLC having unique items is good because it justify it's existence.

No, there are plenty more styles they can do for hair. They could also give us beards and other facial hair that are separate from what preset-faces we pick - but that's asking for too much according to you.

Their art team is fully capable of coming up with new and unique designs for armors, but I shouldn't have to buy a DLC to access the majority of them. This is not Soul Calibur 4 or 5, this is number 6. It doesn't make sense.

Female Zasalamel

zasalamel_by_kodachi_sama-dai1tho.png

Premature? I'd think it'd be too late at this point.

Harada has stated that a Tekken char takes ~6 months to be playable, and I would guess Soul Calibur chars would be about the same.

Like, we might be able to vote for Season 2 characters (given we get one) but not Season 1 inclusions.

1IfV22t.jpg

Me wanty more CaS pieces

-

So it struck me as I was watching the Libra of Souls trailer for the 10,000th time: What if the reference to India is not only the place where the game mode centers around, but also a hint at a new char? (not Wizardman because he doesn't strike me as Indian)

Maybe this is where a new female fighter comes from, or maybe this is how they get Viola's style in and still have Amy (with a rapier) in as well.

Hmmmm... or maybe based off Rani Lakshmibai (though historically Rani was over 200 years after the events of Soul Calibur).

rani.jpg

Last edited:
I don't get the India reference. Maybe if the series took place a century earlier which would be before Columbus sailed to America...

I'm sure Wiz's Groh's dad with that color scheme and sense of fashion (look at the gauntlets and designs on his robe.) But the eye pendant is a bit over the top.

Back