Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

You're still making brash assumptions about a game that's still two months away from release, and comparing it to a game that's been out for thirteen years. Let's save the negative knee-jerk reactions for after launch.
Listen I'm pretty much a buyer of SC6 because there are other factors that were more important to me but when I bring up my complaints they are similar to complaints from other people. Those are the people who will make a decision if the anemic content is a make or break deal for them when it's released. This isn't about convincing me, it's about convincing the potential buyer base. Dismissing them is dismissing a sale and we all know how that's gone down well with Battlefield pre orders.

You keep calling it anemic but what exactly about the lack of alternate costumes makes the game "anemic"? What is this lack of content that you keep bringing up?

There's still plenty of time before the game releases and plenty the game hasn't shown us, evidenced by the fact that the latest build of the game we've all been privy to has only half the actual roster on it. Chill out and stop spoiling the soup for the rest of us.

Listen I'm pretty much a buyer of SC6 because there are other factors that were more important to me but when I bring up my complaints they are similar to complaints from other people. Those are the people who will make a decision if the anemic content is a make or break deal for them when it's released. This isn't about convincing me, it's about convincing the potential buyer base. Dismissing them is dismissing a sale and we all know how that's gone down well with Battlefield pre orders.

Battlefield 5 has other issues. People like to bring up SJW but the probable reason for weak pre-orders is probably fortnite and PUBG stealing market space and potential revenue

Really? Lack of 2P costumes means the game has no content? I'm disappointed about it too but I'm still incredibly hyped for this sweet-looking game
don't forget the lame character creator mode lol its not like you can make your own second costume

Battlefield 5 has other issues. People like to bring up SJW but the probable reason for weak pre-orders is probably fortnite and PUBG stealing market space and potential revenue
TBH though fam it's never had problems before and besides, that crowd for Fortnite and PUBG are the trend chasers which (I assume) is not relevant to the loyal Battlefield fanbase.

TBH though fam it's never had problems before and besides, that crowd for Fortnite and PUBG are the trend chasers which (I assume) is not relevant to the loyal Battlefield fanbase.
There were also a let less games and even when BF4 came out free to play games were looked at as a joke by the gaming community. Fortnite is so Ubiqutous. I am not saying this is the only reason, people had all kinds of mixed reactions to the trailer but monetary wise, market wise, like it or not Fortnite has such a huge install base that is a force to reckon with. When you combine that with games like GTA5( this game is in top 10 sold games EVERY MONTH[ not withstanding dlc] ) Games as a service not only fight for your money but also your time. You have to understand that there is only so much pie to go around before people don't want pie anymore. Battlefield may have been a huge force last generation, this generation other forces have taken over the market for better or worse. Even if you call it a trend chaser IT IS HERE TO STAY for the foreseable future. This feels like when COD 4 came out and every video game out there was trying to compete with it by adding multiplayer to games that didn't need it. Like all problems there is almost never just one answer to point to but you can see the markets shifting.

Or you know people hating EA after the Battlefront 2 escapade...perhaps people have finally had enough?

I also agree that this season pass is quite costly...that said if it each character comes with equipment for use in CaS, a story mode, special soundtrack, and a stage I could totally see the season pass being worth it

Or you know people hating EA after the Battlefront 2 escapade...perhaps people have finally had enough?

I also agree that this season pass is quite costly...that said if it each character comes with equipment for use in CaS, a story mode, special soundtrack, and a stage I could totally see the season pass being worth it
people are voting with their wallet. Markets do speak when they feel they need to.

The fans of soul calibur expect those things. Soul calibur does not have the hard core fanbase you would need to get the shallow pure fighter you desire and would fail on multiple fronts. Soul calibur has become more than your badic fighter and there is no going back. At this point attempting to results in a loss of half soul caliburs fan base. Be a bitter hard core all you want but the game can't survive with our us casuals anymore. You need us or the game dies and the game you want would result in no casuals and a dead game.

That's fact.

Define "fan" though? Anyone who buys the game? If your demands take the series further into a different direction, then can it be considered the same anymore? Missing characters from SC 5 was indeed the primary reason it failed and it will make or break this game depending on what characters are available. If the game doesnt have my favorite characters in addition to going in other directions generally speaking with mechanics and features i dont want or care about, then i wont care about the game anymore anyway. So no, i won't in fact need you.

Oh, that and netcode. That other thing most casuals dont care about. Yeah... i can pretty much guarantee this will not do well if people can not get a decent online experience. That absolutely carries far more weight than any amount of single player content. But with that, we may have to start looking at what exactly is a "casual" or "hardcore" because you know... i bet a lot of "casual" players dont enjoy lagged matches either.

You know, people get on twitter and youtube comment section to just post up whatever random thought comes to their brain about what they want without actually thinking. But the truth is if a lot of them consider issues like a development team can only work on so many things and obviously content has to be cut elsewhere such as available characters for example... i'm certain the demands for the return of CotS and other nonsense would drop significantly. But they dont consider that. They dont realize one or maybe even several of their mains wont make it. While its true that other fighting games drop several characters with each new release... yeah, that is when they have several NEW ones to replace the old but even then it doesnt sit well with fans.

people are voting with their wallet. Markets do speak when they feel they need to.
Yup people do vote with their wallet. I already know people buying the game that wouldn't have if the game hadn't gone the direction it has. I certainly appreciate even if my main Amy is unlikely because it takes more than a large cast to make a good game. This will be my first soul calibur collectors edition and I will probably buy others the game as gifts to help support it.

Yup people do vote with their wallet. I already know people buying the game that wouldn't have if the game hadn't gone the direction it has. I certainly appreciate even if my main Amy is unlikely because it takes more than a large cast to make a good game. This will be my first soul calibur collectors edition and I will probably buy others the game as gifts to help support it.
The direction sure is nice but I think if Amy isn't in this one either we won't see her anymore in any other SC (the old team liked her but it doesn't seem to be the case with the new team) , this game is her last chance, every other character that was missing in 5 came back the only one left are Cassandra, Amy and Yun, and I'm pretty sure they will make it in... :(

Mega post because I'm playing a good bit of catchup.
100 slots is weak, but sharing CaS is awesome, though it makes 100 feel like even less.
You got to understand, release windows are negative if a bunch of games of the same genre are released at the same time, believe it or not the intersection of people who play SCVI, Red Dead and Call of duty is not that big.
If Bamco only wanted "hardcore SC fans" to buy the game, they wouldn't make it. Trust me, Negan isn't in Tekken 7 because Tekken fans asked for him. He's in because Bamco wants people that don't okay Tekken to want to play it.

CoD and RDR especially have a ton of predicted market share that will stuff a good bit of potential buyers for SC.
Okubo-San

Whoever said Harada fingerprints were all over that trailer, you got it right.
Except that theory falls apart because I knew and told people about Tira last year because she had lines recorded both referencing her in dialogue and her own lines were recorded back then too....
Exactly. Anybody that can't clearly see Okubo trying not to throw the execs under the bus is kidding themselves. Whether he's okay with the business practices or not, this decision was clearly above him and forced down on him. He's lying to keep his job.
Some people in this thread are so ungrateful and don't realise that SC6 has been in development hell for 6 years and SC5 damn near cancelled the whole series. Y'all should be happy we're even getting an SC6 at all.

This whining and negative attitude will do nothing for the game, and spreading it will only make things worse. SC now more than ever needs all the support it can get.
220px-MvCI_Cover.png

Tekken 7 initially launched in arcades with no 2P costumes. Fan feedback eventually led to them being added (for veteran characters) in a subsequent update.

So I think people should feel good about bitching about the absence of 2P costumes in SC6. History shows that complaining can get results.

Also, does anyone else remember the scorn and derision directed against people who, long ago, expressed the fear that we wouldn't get alternate costumes? Seems sadly ironic now.
T7 didn't launch with new costumes because Bamco was saving them for the FR update.

Since Tira DLC is getting so much hate, they could just say “ oh since the fans want her we’ll make her free!” and instead could hold back another character that was supposed to be released with game like the wizard or hwang. But this time they could reveal after the roster is done. Won’t happen but it’s a thought.
They obviously made Tira solely with the intention of selling her as DLC.
After this new interview, my prediction for the first season pass is...

One char of SCIII - (Tira)
One char of SCIV - (Hilde)
One char of SCV - (Viola)
One guest char - (2B)
All females? You're lucky to get two.

I don't think Amy is forever gone, but I don't think she will hit this game in particular.
Hope you are right, but I don't know, i know that the team really liked her since sc3 cuz they used her model for testing and stuff, and decided to put her in. But that team is not working on Soul games so maybe the new team hate her and don't plan on bringing her back.

She is gone since 2009 (lost sword doesn't count) it's been too long I miss that character, I enjoyed her gameplay so much, my favorite in any fighting game and I tested a lot xD
Really hope she come back (not as Viola of course) but don't expect her anymore after this game... :/
They'll probably make her DLC. If not the first season, definitely the second.

I don't expect a 2nd season pass either because Namco an because we had an exemple with SC5 and saw how much they actually care about the serie, that Okubo had to step in on it's own.

I should mention that Okubo never said "DLC will feature SCIV and SCV characters" just that they were considering their options. Yeah, ain't making a Season Pass with only female characters. This ain't DOA.

They sure sell better and just judging by the female /male ratio it is possible to get a all female season pass
How do you know they sell better? I thought guests sell the best of all, and people hate overflow of DLC guests.

How do you know they sell better? I thought guests sell the best of all, and people hate overflow of DLC guests.
It's pretty obvious that girls sell better or else DOA would have died a long time ago, and you wouldn't have that many games with only girls in it.
And I don't think guest sell the best, I just can't imagine people buying a fighting game to buy a dlc and play their favorite character. Fans of the SoulCalibur that happens to be fans of Nier for exemple okay i can see that, but a fan of Nier going out of his way to buy a 60€ game + dlc / season pass no chance not at full price at least.

Back