Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

There are some characters I cannot see this game being without. I mean it might happen ofc not getting them at all but it would be a huge mistake. (Cervantes, Raphael, Hwang not included cause leaked)

Setsuka, Amy/Viola, Cassandra, Hilde, Rock, Bangoo, ZWEI, Algol, Aeon (Dampierre would be a bonus)
There are so many opportunities to make the roster even more appealling and exciting to fans and newer players and imo all of these characters can bring something new to the table. For Aeon's case to make him different from the rest of the lizardmen, they could put him into a semi malfested state where he could be half lizard half human with double axes. There are so many exciting ideas and Bangoo could finally be the archer type of character we never got. As for Viola and Amy getting both of them would be like a dream but I feel Viola is more likely along ZWEI in the same dlc pack.

Amy was in V though...:sc5vio1:
Just in appearance, but not her style. But yeah I still gave her a try and liked her but here it look like I won't, they are going all in on the old stuff... I'm really not sure about pre-ordering anymore. I supported 5 as much as I could even pushing my friends to buy it, but here I think I'll for once wait to see the whole thing before making the decision.
I have the money but I don't think I have the will xD

I really hope Setsuka's style is obtainable, and I know this is a loooongshot, but I want Patroklos's style back too, maybe in season 2, but preferably as Lizardman in base, with axe and sword both being selectable weapon choices. I never really minded how 5 replaced people but kept their styles personally.
It's very possible that Patroklos's style could be the base for Lizardman's style, separating him even further from being a Sophitia clone, while still keeping his lizard moves from the other games. And Setsuka seems really likely for DLC, so you'll get her and her character both if that happens.

Damnit all. There's no way he's CaSable. Another effing Algol, just less silly so slightly better. Character is cool but... meh... have a feeling I'll be disappointed about the CaS thing.

Damnit all. There's no way he's CaSable. Another effing Algol, just less silly so slightly better. Character is cool but... meh... have a feeling I'll be disappointed about the CaS thing.
Well his clothing is able to be used at least (and able to be recolored/altered)

I'm pretty sure what made Algol un-CASable was the fact that too much of his moveset appears from the body. Making things complicated for varying sizes and heights. None of that appears to be happening with this character, its pretty much no different from Viola. I think he should be CASable.

Brings me to a new point while i'm at it though. Not only does this character shit all over Algol's shot, its more so the case for Viola. At least Algol would be like a more Melee version of him. Comparing the two would be like comparing Sophitia and Casandra. But no way in hell will they now include a telekinetic cdystal ball while this guy floats around several weapons at varying sizes.

I have faith in this game. Regardless of the backlash and controversy in the last week or so, i think it can and hopefully will Sell well.
Agreed. I hope this game gets as much support as possible.

HYPPPPPEEEEEEE
latest

First he posted was one of this : 18 june 2018

View attachment 50567
Seems like a very enjoyable list.

I guess the full char list from the Azwel leaker is:

Mitsurugi
Seong Mi-na
Taki
Maxi
Voldo
Sophitia
Siegfried
Ivy Blade (she's coded like this in every game's files)
Kilik
Xianghua
Yoshimitsu
Nightmare
Astaroth
Inferno
Cervantes
Lizardman
Raphael
Hwang
Talim
Tira
Zasalamel
Groh
Azwel
Geralt

I think that adds up.
Very beautiful roster.

The initial story trailer rang Crispin Freeman, but Azwel's voice actor definitely Taliesin Jaffe here. I'm elated that Raphael will likely make the cut now. Hopefully Aeon's twin axe style will return. I suppose now the biggest question is who will join the ranks of DLC now and later down the line.

--Forgon

Has anyone ever hex edited Algol's moveset onto a CaS to see if that claim holds up?

I have on multiple occasions, but I'm operating off memory so forgive me if I'm foggy. Unless you had Algol's face code in the character somewhere, you'd lack weapon trails, so half the moves would be invisible. If you edited the moveset onto a character less than height 5, it would do no damage whatsoever. Of course it still functioned/loaded into the game, so it doesn't seem like it was an impossible feat for the dev team, just extra work. And we all know how SCV was shafted.

Has anyone ever hex edited Algol's moveset onto a CaS to see if that claim holds up?

Well no but going off the fact he was completely unavailable for all forms of customization in SC4. Then considering SC5 still didnt allow CAS but did allow customizing his model on character edit only with limited access to certain clothing.

That all tells me there was some issue with his movesetand how it works.

I think I did but I don't remember having any visible trouble with the use of his style on my character...

What a way to wake up! @Soul My heart skipped a beat because of you xD

Azwel looks sick, I really like him so far, and his "possessed/malfested" form is crazy :D

Even if the leaker was right about him, I won't consider Raph to be in until I've seen him :3 he might be disc-locked content xD (joking aside, I'm dancing around now)

I have on multiple occasions, but I'm operating off memory so forgive me if I'm foggy. Unless you had Algol's face code in the character somewhere, you'd lack weapon trails, so half the moves would be invisible. If you edited the moveset onto a character less than height 5, it would do no damage whatsoever. Of course it still functioned/loaded into the game, so it doesn't seem like it was an impossible feat for the dev team, just extra work. And we all know how SCV was shafted.
Imma quote myself for next page in case peeps missed it at the bottom of the last one o-o

Hello everyone, I wanted to share something about Azwel!
His weapon name is "Palindrome" ( thanks LisaK !) and he is using mainly 6 weapons :
Palindrome.png

Shield, Spear, Sword, Sword, Axe, Dagger

So it MIGHT means that the weapon number 1 is the counterpart of the weapon number 6 (Shield calibur vs main attack dagger edge)
The weapon number 2 (spear calibur) the counterpart of the Edge axe (weapon 5).
Sword edge (weapon 3) with sword calibur (weapon 4)

I realized that when he uses his normal combos, he can not use 2 times the same weapon (summoned at the same time, he can only if he unsummoned the first one), there is a moment on the video where he jumps on the shield, then jump on the spear and then deal damages with edges attacks. So he probably uses blue weapons to protect and help himself moves while he mainly deals damages with edges weapons.

So basically his moveset is based on the "counterpart", for example with his ultimate he uses both swords to finish Grøh.

Last edited:
There’s five characters shown in that teaser. I slowed down to get Mitsurugi, Taki, Sophitia, and Siegfried. Who was the other one? Looked like Ivy to me.

Back