Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I really think that those four small circles are for DLC. They would've decided who to include in the season pass by now (Tira, two more cast characters, and a guest). Plus the season pass was advertised way in advance. I just hope that we don't have to wait six months to get those 100 CaS pieces.

Apparently there was another one hiding behind the... random button. Here's what, you use your brain, and I'll try to use my eyes. Because apparently they don't work.

@JayShadow had a middleground approach which I feel can meet both sides' expectations. The two dots on the inside are characters (leaked to be Hwang and Lizardman), and the two dots on the outside, apart from the rest of the cast, separated by the CaS and Random buttons, are DLC submenus for the four characters from the season pass. There would need to be two of them, one for 1p and one for 2p, because when you select a character, the color 1 / color 2 menu overrides the slot position of the other one. If we just assume that for now, either side can be right until we have the real answer.

This thread is full of realists vs. idealists and "pessimists" vs. "optimists", all trying to justify or not justify the lack of [insert name] in a game that's obviously been suffering from budget cuts and time constraints. Whatever the result is, we'll only know when the game actually comes out and it's up to us to make sure Okubo doesn't suffer the brunt of masses' negativity.

So I'd just advise everyone to stop the pointless back and forth before the mods lock this thread too.

Sorry. 4 dots on the screen now
And you immediately jump to "They must be DLC!". Except...

1. Okubo stated there would be more than 20 forever ago.
2. This was an unfinished build, a fact.
3. Those are dots we've seen before in the last one only it was two that time.
4. We've had teases for characters that aren't on the select screen (ie. Lizardman, Hwang, Inferno).
5. It would be really dumb to make slots for DLC characters that won't appear for potentially months, and make the screen completely lopsided.
6. Most likely, the spots are there to include Tira (Day 1 DLC), Lizardman, Hwang and Inferno (in the center) and possibly one more. That would round it out very well, shown below.

We have way more proof that it isn't the final roster, but again you can count on fans to immediately jump to conclusions. Apparently, Okubo outright stating even the 23 count wasn't the final roster isn't enough to dissuade people from believe that the final roster is 20.... based on a demo? It's actually hilarious.

Where did okubo say 23 wasn't the final roster?

http://shoryuken.com/2018/07/26/motohiro-okubo-discusses-soulcalibur-vis-new-mechanics/

There are only three months left until SoulCalibur VI’s completion, and Okubo has stated that the game’s character roster is not yet complete

So basically, stop saying that an incomplete demo is the definitive source when we have way more proof including outright statements that it'll be more than 20.

I personally think the slots arent DLC, mainly because the initial build shown when Nightmare and company had been revealed showed a roster of 20 characters. Then at e3 that increased to 23. So why would they regress, and knock the base roster count back to 20 when giving us the knowledge/ idea that at the very least the vanilla game will include a 23 character roster. Though only time will tell, but as a fan of Lizardman I have to hope he'll be in the game lolz

It's perfectly reasonable to believe that this is, or isn't, basically the final build/roster.

There is plenty of circumstantial evidence supporting either one. All the people claiming anything definite and engaging in anything other than fun speculation need to cool it.

The simple fact is nobody knows, not even the people who are really, really confident and sure of themselves.

Back