Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I'm back after a bit of a hiatus. But from that hiatus came some information that I was not just told to share, but encouraged to.
Here it is.
I was told that apparently the leaked build from Australia is the build that went to print. As in that is the launch roster and the last two guys (you can guess who they are but it's very obvious who they are) got CUT and relegated to being DLC. Maybe because of time constraints or a way to just make more money. We're not sure the exacts on that end. But instead of 23 on launch its now 21. I'm hoping there's a day 1 patch that adds the remaining two characters as unlockables or something but they stressed that this is really concerning what happened.
While on the topic speaking of DLC, it was said that most people are completely blocked off and kept from knowing who the DLC Guest is. All that is somewhat known is that its apparently going to be huge deal, which was why Okubo talked about how discussions were still going on when asked about it.
i'm a little lost.. you make it sound like the cast being cut is a recent turn of events, but since around the time the game was announced we expected 4 dlc chars in the season pass. Are you saying "these two guys" were always going to be dlc, or they're additional dlc on top of tira+3?

Also, there were mixed signals regarding the 2nd guest. Originally we expected 3 dlc +1 guest during the season pass, but then we were led to believe that the second guest was not confirmed and would likely be in the second season pass. From what you're saying, the 2nd guest is confirmed and will be part of the 4 characters released during the season pass.

Can you clear some of this up for us?

i'm a little lost.. you make it sound like the cast being cut is a recent turn of events, but since around the time the game was announced we expected 4 dlc chars in the season pass. Are you saying "these two guys" were always going to be dlc, or they're additional dlc on top of tira+3?

Also, there were mixed signals regarding the 2nd guest. Originally we expected 3 dlc +1 guest during the season pass, but then we were led to believe that the second guest was not confirmed and would likely be in the second season pass. From what you're saying, the 2nd guest is confirmed and will be part of the 4 characters released during the season pass.

Wow i'd be so happy if the current roster is set but the first season pass had 5+Tira. That might actually be a smart move from Namco rather than putting them in base...

If Hwang and Lizardman aren't patched in or free downloads, then it looks like the original plans they had for the season pass changed due to time constraints or corporate meddling, and the season pass is Tira, Hwang, Lizardman and some kind of huge deal guest character.

If Hwang and Lizardman aren't patched in or free downloads, then it looks like the original plans they had for the season pass changed due to time constraints or corporate meddling, and the season pass is Tira, Hwang, Lizardman and some kind of huge deal guest character.

If this is the case, and the guest character is some dude from like some tv show I don't watch, I would be quite sad for the DLC (and they really would have some male bias). That means no Cass, Sets, Hilde, Rock for at least S1.

Looks like Bandai Namco games are being shown on the PlayStation TGS stream. Prepare for disappointment soon lol.

Edit: False Alarm lol.

Last edited:
Can you share what the original plans were for the season pass?

Lastly, how confident are you in your sources info regarding hwang and Lizardman 1%-100%?

People did8n't receive DLC Tira well, Lizardman and Hwang DLC is the epitome of wrapping a bowtie around a piece of dog shit and telling us we should pay for it. These are characters 95% of people have no interest in and they're supposed to increase revenue through dlc?

Marketing team for bamco is shit, if you wanted to increase revenue, Groh and Azwel shouldve been dlc while OG cast was free. Most of you dont want to hear that, but in retrospect id much rather pay for new characters than characters that have always been free. this is fuckery

TBH like i said before, if Hwang and Lizardman are DLC im gona cancel my steam deluxe edition and buy Tira, maybe the new guest character if its worth it and the CAS pieces separately. and i encourage you guys to spam namco to give us other characters for a 2nd season pas cus this is utter shit. im sorry but Hwang and and Lizardman are not the money worth they should already be a part of the main cast and not sold as DLC.

TBH like i said before, if Hwang and Lizardman are DLC im gona cancel my steam deluxe edition and buy Tira, maybe the new guest character if its worth it and the CAS pieces separately. and i encourage you guys to spam namco to give us other characters for a 2nd season pas cus this is utter shit. im sorry but Hwang and and Lizardman are not the money worth they should already be a part of the main cast and not sold as DLC.
i second that

I think Hwang (SCIII:AE) and Lizardman/Aeon are great characters. I want to be sympathetic, so I hold my tongue, but it's very tiresome to see folks act like they are worthless, time and time again. They are no less fleshed out than the likes of Amy or Cassandra.
Worthless? No
DLC worthy? Fuck No

Tira, Lizard and Yeung were free in 4, Tira and Lizard were free in 5, and now we're supposed to pay for all 3? fuck that

i will not pay the season pass if it is hwang and lizardman, if thats true thats gonna be a very bad pr move from project soul, those characters are not a stellar seller to put them in in dlc

Back