Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Aren't his headbands identical anyway?
Actually yeah, it looks like it. I thought that the triangle part was moved over to the other side in SoulCalibur III, but I guess not, or something was changed, but... sure enough, side by side, they're the same.

That's what a bunch of the characters are like aren't they? Mixing together costumes from different games.
Yeah, but in this case, it seems like the redesign is much lower key, if there's any new parts at all. Like Lizardman, seems to be more of a copy-and-paste than a mix-and-match where there are also new things added to jazz it up a bit. Which may be fitting if those two are "bonus" characters so to speak.

Screenshot_6x.jpg

be still my heart

Shieett Lizardman confirmed??? @8:05 At least he's definitely in the game. Maybe the slots are from Hwang and Lizardman

For everyone getting their hopes up for yun, hwang, cass, and or lizardman... again...

I've got three words for you

Rain
Sindel
Baraka

Yun/Hwang can use a slightly altered unplayable X style
Lizardman can use a slightly altered unplayable sophie style
Same goes for Cass
You forgot Kabal and Human Smoke, which were my mains in MK9 >:(
Damn was i pissed about them being not playable, but in the story, as if to taunt me, please don't be like that Namdai.

Shieett Lizardman confirmed??? @8:05 At least he's definitely in the game. Maybe the slots are from Hwang and Lizardman

it would be so hype if they did this:

generic lizardman that we can CaS

lizardman in the game retain original lizardman moveset

we meet aeon calcos in story mode/dlc

So Azwel is a rather entertaining character...a bit of a bully though. Although he did let Talim win once.

His finish though takes out over half the bar...I expect that will eventually be nerfed.

Last edited:
Would One Piece really sell more than Soul Calibur? Or would they make more money from it because it's more easily connected to other merch and toys?
The Bandai side of Bandai Namco has their sway regardless of logic at times.

Astral fissures are rips in space and time caused by the evil seed...hmm wonder if this could be their in for other guest characters that might not make as much sense in a soul calibur setting as Geralt. I guess future guest characters really could be anything now...

Also damn the art looks great for all the characters...whoever this artist is sign them up for all future games.
Getting Geralt in worked to their favor so well because it helps storyline pave way for other guest character options.

Hiroaki does the art. Hiroaki's known and got popular for doing art for KOF games.

View attachment 51238

HWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG d/fjdiofgjsdio;gjsdo;gjksgo;jkgo;dfsdf
They blatantly teased him in her bio. It's not as surprising as it is reassuring.
The question is how is he implemented into the game itself outside of drawn cutscenes. He has a voice actor.

All of y'all that gave @Vergeben shit for there being "no Hwang/Lizardman" can look stupid now

I can't confirm neither Hwang (I wasn't allowed to play Mina's story) or Lizardman are playable.

I didn't saw any of Hwang moves. He can just be there with artworks.

But yeah, the hopes has risen up.

But this is his classic SC1 outfit. He don't seem to be redesigned enough. But I like this artwork.
I don't know.... I have my hope, sure. But I'm leaning even more towards what I was told being the case since Hwang and Lizardman are seriously weird characters to make unlockables in this era.
Best case scenarios they are unlockables or free DLC / patched in. That's the big hope at this point. We could mass prayer that they are doing that.
But we need to prepare for not being surprised if they're paid DLC / in the season pass with Tira and the next guest.
Other fighting games (Street Fighter V immediately comes to mind) have had characters in the story, even someone you have to fight, but not playable until later.

So I think it is quite likely that we'll see cameos of pretty much every possible DLC character for season 1 and season 2 in the main story.

Cassandra, Hwang, Yun-Seong, Amy, Rock, Lizardman, Setsuka, and Hilde. Basically if they have a portrait in game they are the most likely to be DLC down the road since they would already have art work and design for the characters ready which would mean a little less work they would need to put in. Basically if we do not see a character in soul chronicle they probably don't have a good chance (but it's not impossible) of making it in this game even as DLC.
Street Fighter V has done that to a pretty well enough success so far by including characters to give them voice actors and designs ahead of time in case they make them playable down the line.

From Hayate's video: "Your character may appear in other players mission modes" Wow quite cool feature.
They actually confirmed that back when they did the Libra of Soul trailer with press release info about it. But it probably went mostly unnoticed since everyone was so focused on the Tira day 1 DLC debacle.

Back