Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Wow perfect 4 times on one sieg, oh hey look another sieg right after with 21 streak. To bad he lost that streak, I say it's really sad that 80% of the fighters are sieg or nightmare but mostly sieg. One more thing if you see taki Win pose her hand looks broken.

Last edited:
Wow, I just wen through a fight with a Groh player who's main strategy was to RE after every AAA or BBB string, attempt to win the RE and then repeat the strategy until guard breaking in RE to launch a CE.

So two rounds in a row I punished him when A+B, the now universal input for breaking REs.

He would not give up and continued to repeat the same strategy over and over again. So now I step and punished

And punished

And punished

And still he repeated the same stupid strategy. An F3 ranked player playing Groh.

I didn't bother to rematch him after I won. But this type of strategy seems to be working on quite a few players so...

Let's review.

Guard Breaks break RE. EVERY CHARACTER HAS A GUARD BREAK ON A+B. Though the timing may differ and some may be cancelable, every character can guard break with A+B now.

If you're having trouble, remember that Step also beats RE, so step and then punish all RE attempts.

Note: YOU CANNOT TRIGGER A REVERSAL EDGE AT NEGATIVE FRAMES. So if you're getting trapped into an RE, it's probably because you're being too aggressive or not applying guard breaks liberally enough to shut down any attempts (though, noted GBs do hurt your guard meter).

Wow, I just wen through a fight with a Groh player who's main strategy was to RE after every AAA or BBB string, attempt to win the RE and then repeat the strategy until guard breaking in RE to launch a CE.

So two rounds in a row I punished him when A+B, the now universal input for breaking REs.

He would not give up and continued to repeat the same strategy over and over again. So now I step and punished

And punished

And punished

And still he repeated the same stupid strategy. An F3 ranked player playing Groh.

I didn't bother to rematch him after I won. But this type of strategy seems to be working on quite a few players so...

Let's review.

Guard Breaks break RE. EVERY CHARACTER HAS A GUARD BREAK ON A+B. Though the timing may differ and some may be cancelable, every character can guard break with A+B now.

If you're having trouble, remember that Step also beats RE, so step and then punish all RE attempts.

Note: YOU CANNOT TRIGGER A REVERSAL EDGE AT NEGATIVE FRAMES. So if you're getting trapped into an RE, it's probably because you're being too aggressive or not applying guard breaks liberally enough to shut down any attempts (though, noted GBs do hurt your guard meter).
Awesome tip, just had the same fight against a gerald. I mostly stepped to the side or aggressively broke through before getting hit by it. I'm mostly aggressive so I usually fall for it so I try to block but input lag fucks it up. Wish the pros said something about the re spamming so they can revamp it before release.

Fought against a Taki who spammed her signature mid, low, high kick sequence and the input lag was making it difficult to properly guard against all three in succession. Thankfully I managed to pull a 3-2 on them with both of us in the yellow after whiff punishing her with CE. Didn't even wanna rematch lol.

So I don't hate Reversal Edge nearly as much as I expected, and do find it to be a useful tool when in a tight spot, but this one person playing as Siegfried would use it damn near constantly, but didn't have a specific set of moves they'd do beforehand so it was almost impossible to predict. Real frustrating tbh. Also, I couldn't even count how many times they used Critical Edge. Found myself baffled at how often they were doing it. They spammed CE about as much as it can be spammed, along with spamming RE. Kind of a mess.

I will say, Reversal Edge definitely shuts down people who will not stop using spammy moves. Nothing like deflecting blows to get the message through their heads. Still getting used to Sieg's modded moveset and his new Dark Legacy mechanic

Okay, I'm done with the beta now (killing me), because I need to prepare for 2 exams I got tomorrow. However, my final thoughts...I'm so happy with Sophitia. She's fantastic and she feels amazing to play as. I feel right at home again with her, I was debating between her and Xianghua for my primary but 100% going for Sophi now. I just resonate with her moveset so much, I love all of her tools and I've had a blast with her. TAS A,A and TAS B are lovely. I wish her boobs stayed in for an entire match, but apart from that I have no complaints! :P Managed to get to 3138 RP before stopping so I at least have managed to experience the game properly for myself. Really impressed with it and I'm even more excited to play at at launch now.

Edit: Also, my PSN is xillianraven, so if anyone here played me give us a shout =)

Fought against a Taki who spammed her signature mid, low, high kick sequence and the input lag was making it difficult to properly guard against all three in succession. Thankfully I managed to pull a 3-2 on them with both of us in the yellow after whiff punishing her with CE. Didn't even wanna rematch lol.
I fought a similar player, maybe the same one you did. Unfortunately lag made it impossible to effectively beat them for me.

17 with Nightmare o3o

only that?

check out this guy i just beat today

WhatsApp Image 2018-09-29 at 23.23.50.jpeg

also taki is weak as fuck, please buff her

https://my.mixtape.moe/bjjtod.mp4

Wow perfect 4 times on one sieg, oh hey look another sieg right after with 21 streak. To bad he lost that streak, I say it's really sad that 80% of the fighters are sieg or nightmare but mostly sieg. One more thing if you see taki Win pose her hand looks broken.
More Nightmare than Sieg for me. >.>

My win rate is pretty average with Groh, at least for someone who didn't play SC for a few years. I'm climbing close to E rank now, though I have to deal with not knowing a few moves I am neglecting to use.

Groh is fun as hell, don't ever listen to the people who use anime as a pejorative. He's twirling towards freedom with those blades and flash stepping everywhere in Soul Charge mode. He calls his attacks but sounds so cool doing it. I've never been excited about a male character my whole life, he's the first one I've ever used.

And punished

And punished

Let's review.

What does F2 or F3 even mean? Nobody ever explained the ranking system...

I just tried Mitsu for the first time and he's hella fun, i wish there is practice mode so at least i know how he play lol

Back