Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Welp, looks like someone found yet another story portrait showing a certain character in a very unique outfit. 4th DLC character confirmed?

holy-bananas-holy-poop-oh-my-god-I-cant-believe-it-wow.jpg
I would say I'm sorry but I'm not really sorry. Garfield artwork source: https://www.deviantart.com/edsfox/art/Garfield-Back-to-the-Future-508536187

At this point with all the deliberate vagueness, constant changing of info, and plain wrong info I think it should be clear that either Vergeben was making up his 'leaks' or his source was.

It's always worth remember the Paul Gale stuff from PlayStation All-Stars, where his source turned out to be someone who played an early test build and didn't actually know anything besides the limited characters it had available. Someone having good info early on doesn't mean they're actually part of the dev team or have a good connection, sometimes it's just a temporary QA tester (or even just a really good guess).

Okay I'm actually SERIOUSLY worried about not being able to use CAS online, that's legitimately 99% of my playtime and reason for purchase, gone.
I'm really hoping that, after two games of being able to (and it being one of big draws for the game), that they would let you still use CaS online.
Curse these last six days of waiting..

Welp, looks like someone found yet another story portrait showing a certain character in a very unique outfit. 4th DLC character confirmed?

View attachment 51935
I would say I'm sorry but I'm not really sorry. Garfield artwork source: https://www.deviantart.com/edsfox/art/Garfield-Back-to-the-Future-508536187

I am sold now. All the rumours were true after all.

That's how you sell a Season Pass Bamco. Well done.

I wonder what the point is of putting spoiler tags on the original source if the subsequent comments all tell you what was in there lol.
^

Whilst it's mostly a given that character A will appear in character B's story, I had enough people asking me before to try handle spoilers that I did say I'd straight-up delete anything not wrapped in a spoiler tag. Sure some things are a given but some people still want to be surprised one way or another. A LOT of people judging by my Discord messages both before and now.

So yeah. Even though it's arguable if something is a spoiler when it's kind of obvious, for other's sake just spoiler that shit.

If Amy and Cassandra are DLC then I'm canceling my DE preorder. Bamco can go fuck themselves with making half of the characters in a $30 season pass (with only 4 characters, mind you) clones.

If *** and *** are DLC then I'm canceling my DE preorder. Bamco can go fuck themselves with making half of the characters in a $30 season pass (with only 4 characters, mind you) clones.

* No pun intended.

We don't know who will be in DLC appart from Tira as of now. In fact, any unconfirmed remaining character from the franchise has potential to be a DLC sooner or later.
We will see what happens. I am against any kind of DLC but if my favorites are there and
Garfield
is the Guest then I am sold.

Jokes aside. What I mean is that if you want to see more characters, probably buying the Season Pass (or not cancelling it if you already purchased it) can contribute to that purpose.

Last edited:
where are people getting the idea that you can't use CaS online?

Arcade mode doesnt even use the proper character select screen apparently, someone also stated ranked probably will use the same layout as the beta, and probably wont use CAS. So from there i'm starting to wonder what modes do actually use the actual character select, and where we can use CAS. Nothing has actually been proven as far as online is concerned.

And to add to this im starting to get a bit skeptical abiut this "CAS share" feature because if they did in fact cut all forms of online customization, i could see them using this as the means of online cuatomization in a sort of apologetic bone being thrown if that makes sense.

Last edited:
While the series for a while has avoided getting voice actors to voice more than one person at a time in a single game, beyond some major exceptions (namely, Kirk Thornton, who provides his voice for three instances in VI as Siegfried, Nightmare, and then one of the CaS voices from SCV; aside from that there's Kate Higgins, who used to voice Talim in III and IV, Natsu in V, but is now voicing Tira instead of Talim for whatever reason), it's worth noting that Hwang is voiced by Grant George...already the long-time voice actor for Kilik.

Back