Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

At this point with all the deliberate vagueness, constant changing of info, and plain wrong info I think it should be clear that either Vergeben was making up his 'leaks' or his source was.

It's always worth remember the Paul Gale stuff from PlayStation All-Stars, where his source turned out to be someone who played an early test build and didn't actually know anything besides the limited characters it had available. Someone having good info early on doesn't mean they're actually part of the dev team or have a good connection, sometimes it's just a temporary QA tester (or even just a really good guess).

It's about time someone noticed he wasn't consistent with his information

Unrelated, but I just had a minor realization. Considering the post armor break hair styles are available as choices in CAS, it's clear the game is loading it as a separate model upon breaking, and given the rest of CAS being very VERY similar to V in function, I wouldn't put it past them to reuse the fundamentals in V's CAS system to a significant degree. Which means that should hex editing be re-enabled in 6 in time by the community, I expect it to function very similarly to V's, which at least could potentially cut down on a lot of learning people had to do over the years to figure out the cool stuffs.

It's about time someone noticed he wasn't consistent with his information
That's how leaks are "controlled":

- They give Henry information A, B, and C. B being false information. Once it's leaked, they know it comes from Henry.

- Henry talk with Nora, who was given information A, D and E, E being false. Henry thinks that Nora's information are also correct.

- Henry gives Vergeben his information about A to E, even if two of these are incorrect.

False information in gaming industry are spread to avoid leaks, or rather spot those who leak. It's "normal" that they flat out lie to their employees. That doesn't mean Vergeben or his source(s) are not to be trusted, so far he has been quite spot on in many things even if he was wrong a couple of times.

So hyped but can't decide which version and platform to throw my money at!
- The deluxe, console, editions seem like the best deal for getting the "complete" game and a nice metal case.
- The collector's edition has some neat extras that I would like to have in a shelf but no season pass for US.
- Certain the game will look best on PC but there's no physical extras or collectibles and while my graphics card is competent it is very dated (not sure if game will run well or when I will be able to afford upgrade).
I'm fretting over this way too much in the last week...

That's how leaks are "controlled":

- They give Henry information A, B, and C. B being false information. Once it's leaked, they know it comes from Henry.

- Henry talk with Nora, who was given information A, D and E, E being false. Henry thinks that Nora's information are also correct.

- Henry gives Vergeben his information about A to E, even if two of these are incorrect.

False information in gaming industry are spread to avoid leaks, or rather spot those who leak. It's "normal" that they flat out lie to their employees. That doesn't mean Vergeben or his source(s) are not to be trusted, so far he has been quite spot on in many things even if he was wrong a couple of times.

the only thing he nailed was Groh and the game announcement back in 2017.

I think if you took an actual tally of his predictions you would find that he was rarely ever 'spot on' and was wrong more often than right.
I'm talking about other games too, not only SC6 :)

the only thing he nailed was Groh and the game announcement back in 2017.
Characters that are present too (even if the way they are introduced wasn't good). Might have been an educated guess too.

I'm not saying everything he said was plain true or what. I'm just saying his leaks and rumours are what kept the forum going for a while. We were hoping for any of his posts and now people are like "nah he didn't do anything significant"... don't shoot the messenger, but don't wait for his posts then crucify him afterwards either ;)

I'm talking about other games too, not only SC6 :)

Characters that are present too (even if the way they are introduced wasn't good). Might have been an educated guess too.

I'm not saying everything he said was plain true or what. I'm just saying his leaks and rumours are what kept the forum going for a while. We were hoping for any of his posts and now people are like "nah he didn't do anything significant"... don't shoot the messenger, but don't wait for his posts then crucify him afterwards either ;)
*pulls out my giant cross* cool so that means I can crucify him since I'm new here :-)

Story Spoilers are popping in my Twitter like crazy

landscape-1492586167-jack-sparrow.gif

Don't buy the game, I'm not saying this because I believe they don't need your money, I'm saying this because you sound absolutely miserable when you're talking about this game.
Looks like you've hyper-focused on the negatives I've said about this game and never the positives. I'm very excited for this game, I'm just pointing out cons because I'm really disappointed by some of them.

This remind me they still didn't released that game mode trailer in English (Diffused on Nanako stream now)

or "The Hero King"?:sc4alg1:
Here @LisaK, Algol's entry.
IMG_20181014_122915_420.jpg
There's also "The Knight King", right above "The Hero King". I'm suspecting that maybe this king is King Arthur and the Aval Organization is related to him
edit: maybe the 2 kings are related anyways
You're quite right indeed @holden456. Knight King is Arthur, his entry says how he fought all those years with Soul Calibur (or god dang finally Excalibur!), it also mentions his final duel with Mordred wielding Soul Edge (it doesn't actually say it's Mordred but we all know that the final battle was between Arthur and him) and that when Arthur died, he gave Bedivere a fragment of Soul Calibur which in turn prompted Bedivere to form the Aval Organization. The relation between both kings is the fact that they both used the spirit sword i guess.

Last edited:
Back