Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Which is why additional items and absolute blacks should be disabled. Not CaS.
It's easy to implement.

Anything else is just a matter of folks not being able to handle variables which are within the game. A rather limited perception of being "competitive"

But I already mentioned that if you wanted to use CaS online, keep it in Casual. Both game modes are just fundamentally the same, it's just one of them actually measures your individual skill as a player of the premise at hand. "Limiting items" seems like overcomplicating the issue at hand.

If you're trying to paint an unknown hurtbox as some kind of strategic play then using anyone who isn't a CaS character puts you at an automatic disadvantage because you're using a well known hurtbox. Never mind that game knowledge is not strategic depth. You either know the hitboxes or you have to guess at it.

The bottom line is, I just plain don't want to see your epic Shrek cosplay with Talim's moveset and the screechiest voice imaginable. It wasn't funny the first time and it wasn't funny the 437th time. Good luck with the updoots when you post your OC on Reddit though.
Way to stereotype all CaS players. Almost all my characters except for a few concept characters are D&D Characters and are a lot more serious than what you're describing. Seriously I don't get you people and your OCD need to be able to break everything down to it's most infintismal parts. When you compete in fighting in real life to you don't get to compare arm length and..

You know what, never mind. I get it the ability to observe adjust and adapt is not a skill you all place a high regard on unlike real world competitions. E-Sports my ass. Is more like chess and checkers than a sport.

I also feel like the option to block CaS visually would be great too in case the whole "Teehee penis" joke goes too far again. Simple setting lets you turn off seeing other CaS characters (they show up as default characters) in Casual matches so you only have to worry about moveset and maybe hitbox stuff. The hitbox issue is still why you'd have to block CaS completely in Ranked though.

I'm pretty sure CaS will be available in rank.
DpfhfsQWwAAb4RJ.jpg:large

As you can see both the characters names and the style (Which are also the characters names) are separated. If rank match did not allow CaS there would be no reason to state the style name.

But I already mentioned that if you wanted to use CaS online, keep it in Casual. Both game modes are just fundamentally the same, it's just one of them actually measures your individual skill as a player of the premise at hand. "Limiting items" seems like overcomplicating the issue at hand.
So play with CaS denotes you're probably less skilled OR be penalised because playing with CaS isn't deserving of skill?

Way to stereotype all CaS players.

You know what, never mind. I get it the ability to observe adjust and adapt is not a skill you all place a high regard on unlike real world competitions. E-Sports my ass. Is more like chess and checkers than a sport.

Double standarding yourself right there, buddy.

You're oversimplifying the situation here. Picture this: Person A and B are competing at an EVO bracket. Person A sweeps his side with Siegfried while Person B climbs up with Maxi. Person B anticipates Person A is going to fight them with Siegfried as well and therefore has no issue staying on Maxi.

Person A starts their match with Ivy and stomps him. Person B now has to change their strategy because they're fighting someone well out of their comfort zone, and they have to do by either switching characters or playing a different playstyle.

So play with CaS denotes you're probably less skilled OR be penalised because playing with CaS isn't deserving of skill?

You're putting words in my mouth. Nowhere did I say that CaS players are less skilled. CaS has nothing to do with how well you play the game, but CaS can be used to create unfair advantages and disadvantages for players who do want to test their actual skill. Which is why it shouldn't be part of Ranked.

It's not rocket science, people.

Some notes from the guy we keep citing.
LoS is a 13hr run without sidequests. Probably about 15hr without skipping dialogue, and I'd expect at least 20hr with sidequests.

Does this mean Azwel is non-canon? Also interesting that both wielders of SE so far don't have story content.
Fake Edit: Their story content is unlocked by beating other characters' story modes.

Also based on other tweets neither Hwang nor Lizzie is unlockable.
BTW This confirms 20 chapters in main story, meaning Inferno is the final boss of the story mode.

As you can see both the characters names and the style (Which are also the characters names) are separated. If Rank match did not allow CaS there would be no reason to state the style name.
Welp, Ranked means almost nothing now (not that it meant much before anyway).
I wish any of the girls in this game actually had an ass like that. Everybody in this game has a fucking Hank Hill ass.

As you can see both the characters names and the style (Which are also the characters names) are separated. If rank match did not allow CaS there would be no reason to state the style name.

Maybe it's just about Character roster Edit (Customization/color edit) ? Kappa

But yeah if all CaS will be in Rank this is really non sen and weird decision from PS and BN.

Some notes from the guy we keep citing.
LoS is a 13hr run without sidequests. Probably about 15hr without skipping dialogue, and I'd expect at least 20hr with sidequests.

Does this mean Azwel is non-canon? Also interesting that both wielders of SE so far don't have story content.
Fake Edit: Their story content is unlocked by beating other characters' story modes.

Also based on other tweets neither Hwang nor Lizzie is unlockable.
BTW This confirms 20 chapters in main story, meaning Inferno is the final boss of the story mode.

Welp, Ranked means almost nothing now (not that it meant much before anyway).

I wish any of the girls in this game actually had an ass like that. Everybody in this game has a fucking Hank Hill ass.

Great news about Story mode length

You people crying about CaS in ranked make me sick. Trying to ruin my fun because you don't like absolute blacks and fuzzy dicks. Hopefully PS and BN aren't as retarded as most of the users on this site and won't listen to the autistic screeching and circle jerking going on in this thread atm.

A strong point and I completely get it.
However, speaking only for myself, I play competitively and like anyone else who does, plays to win.
I also like a challenge and some of the greatest things is to see variety and matchups.
As far as I'm concerned as a "competitive" player (by definition) one should be able and open to what ever comes their way as long as it isn't outside the boundaries of said game.
The arguments of
"silly customs are distracting"
"I can't take them seriously"
"They have different height and reach from the original cast"
Are fairly trivial (in my opinion) if you truly are competitive.
Knowing the exact frame data of a original cast member and counter picking with characters lowers your competitive ability, all you are is a mathematician.
If you were truly competitive you will know yourself, study your opponent both in and out of the fight, and be open to whatever comes your way seeking to overcome your opponent so long as it is within the realms and boundaries of the game.
That is your drive. That is your ambition.
That is your mental state.

And since CaS do not break the game it shouldn't be a problem.

All it does is stop those who study a original cast frame data to prepare their battle analysis.

Moral of the story...
Suck it up, git gud.
Scrub confirmed.

Recent posts have really opened my eyes. I can't believe I actually respected the skills of top tournament players over the years. All the while, they were just a bunch of scrubs who couldn't expand their mindset beyond the standard character roster. I've been such a fool...

Back