Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

so which platform are most of you guys getting this for? PS4?? Xbox?? PC??

Deluxe on Xbox for me and then I'll grab a pc copy on discount later. I played the beta on both consoles and it took much longer for me to find matches on ps4 then on my xbox. Live servers are also more stable then psn I've found overall.

Last edited:
I'll be playing the PS4 first, then the PC later for online (probably after 3 months with PS4). I hope Sony also gets the cross-platform function generally available soon enough.

PS4. To think, only a little over 4 days until learning everyone, their matchups, and trying to unlock everything for the sake of doing everything can begin. This is gonna be great.

Edit: Also that long until the death of sleep. 24 hour or 48 hour play session at launch, here I come!

thanks for your responses, guys.

I was leaning towards Xbox, but I may switch to PS4 since that seems to be the home for fighters. though, I did have a similar experience to a poster above who found it look longer to find matches on PSN than on Live during the Beta.

I'm leaning towards PC because I want to be able to use my arcade stick and I wasn't satisfied with the dynamic resolution scaling on Xbox One during the beta even though gameplay and network were great.

But it's a really hard decision right now since console editions are the only versions with collectible goodies and my PC will probably need an upgrade to run it anyway...

I don't have a PS4.

Some people just want to play classic SC and not deal with CaS shenanigans. That's how it's done at tournaments. Is that really so wrong?
Problem is that you can't use original SC characters who not playable in SC6 even if they are created as cas. For example there is no playable Cassandra in SC6, so if i create her as cas with Sophitia style i can't play her in ranked matches same with lizardman (he playable only as cas).
Best solution is make extra option for ranked matches "find opponents with original characters only "(non cas) or "any" (include cas). So you can choose never fight cas characters in ranked matches.

thanks for your responses, guys.

I was leaning towards Xbox, but I may switch to PS4 since that seems to be the home for fighters. though, I did have a similar experience to a poster above who found it look longer to find matches on PSN than on Live during the Beta.

I wouldn't use this thread as a means of getting a good assessment on the platform. You're seeing maybe around 20 unique people as opposed to the thousands who don't post, come to this thread or even go on 8wayrun. Go with the system you enjoy playing on, I guarantee you'll find lots of matches regardless of the platform. The only really solid things you can get are that people responding on this thread are probably going to go ps4 and pc, but you should also keep in mind psn is not as stable as xbox live. Regardless, as someone posted before, there should be a platform thread for this as well if you want to get a more clearer idea for 8wayrun members but in regards to the people who play the game. It really doesn't matter since its going to sell on all of the systems. The idea that PS4 is the home to fighters is mainly cause a) Microsoft screwed up royally during launch of the xbone but they've fixed 90 percent of those issues, and b) xbox doesn't sell nearly as well in countries like Japan so the higher install rate for the ps4 makes it what people tend to be used to playing on, and tourney organizers will use those systems to provide as even a playing field as possible.

Last edited:
Haha! I really do want the collectors from consoles and deluxe on PC and every other option available for the game! Lol

I wouldn't use this thread as a means of getting a good assessment on the platform. You're seeing maybe around 20 unique people as opposed to the thousands who don't post, come to this thread or even go on 8wayrun. Go with the system you enjoy playing on, I guarantee you'll find lots of matches regardless of the platform. The only really solid things you can get are that people responding on this thread are probably going to go ps4 and pc, but you should also keep in mind psn is not as stable as xbox live. Regardless, as someone posted before, there should be a platform thread for this as well if you want to get a more clearer idea for 8wayrun members but in regards to the people who play the game. It really doesn't matter since its going to sell on all of the systems.

thanks for the advice. On the whole, I do prefer Xbox. and I have some other internet friends who plan to get it on Xbox and we've all been anticipating this game since it was announced last year.

btw.....would you mind if we share Xbox gamertags via PM? I could add you to my friends list.

It is possible to remove the nightmare monster arm (someone posted this picture on a french website)
View attachment 51986

Still no trophy list available anywhere?
This actually worries me... is there a way to actually EQUIP the arm when customizing Nightmare? Have we seen footage of anyone customizing him?

I like making costumes but if my nightmare costume can't have the arm I'm gonna be very sad.

thanks for the advice. On the whole, I do prefer Xbox. and I have some other internet friends who plan to get it on Xbox and we've all been anticipating this game since it was announced last year.

btw.....would you mind if we share Xbox gamertags via PM? I could add you to my friends list.

Sure go for it just shoot me a message whenever. You can actually find my gamertag in the soul calibur videos i posted but I think those have been buried.

I know the feeling. Soul Calibur is in my top five fighting games and all of my friends students and collages are aware of my addiction. Whenever we have a game night i just bring one of them over. I've managed to convince a couple of friends to get it just got to convince some that were let down by 5 and convince some more that haven't played any of them and my job is done. Maybe.

Last edited:
Back