Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Why give exclusive weapons though? I’d take that over Inferno. Or even have them be mimics with a variation on Sophitia.
Multiple exclusive weapons, at that. Hand axe, hatchet, and golden axe at least. I'm honestly thinking this is just him but unfinished and we'll have a version with more SC1/4 moves later. We don't fight the actual Aeon in the story anyways, do we?

My guess is you datamined this right? Were you able to uncover anything else or is the game well constructed to only mine it on the surface?

Thanks for the info and proof btw :)
The game assets are fully encrypted, so I haven't looked into those, but there's nothing stopping people from messing around with memory editing.

I did try to search around a little bit and the most interesting thing I could find was this enum-style list of fighting styles:
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_MITSURUGI
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_MINA
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_TAKI
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_MAXI
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_VOLDO
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_SOPHITIA
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_SIEG
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_IVY
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_KILIK
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_XIANGHUA
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_YOSHIMITSU
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_NIGHTMARE
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_ASTAROTH
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_CERVANTES
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_RAPHAEL
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_TALIM
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_TIRA
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_ZASALAMEL
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_YOSHIMITSU2
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_GROH
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_AZWEL
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_GERALT
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_LESSER_LIZARDMAN
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_EVIL_KILIK
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_EVIL_GROH
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_BOSS_AZWEL
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_INFERNO
ELuxFightStyle::EFS_EDGEMASTER

Yoshimitsu is listed twice, and I'm betting that's due to a technicality when importing data from earlier SC games (Yoshimitsu2 is the Yoshimitsu in SC5). The most interesting thing is that Edge Master is there. He doesn't show up as an opponent during story mode, right? And there's no character with a mimic moveset, right? If that's correct, then this must be a sign they intended a mimic to be in the game.

Hopefully it doesn't imply he's part of the season pass as I imagine many people will get mad if one of the four characters in the season pass is a mimic. He is the very last character in this list, which could imply they only recently started working on him.

Anyway, I should dig around more, but my feelings right now are that the DLC characters might not actually be that far along in development.

Last edited:
So I’ve been thinking. What if the reason our edits/decolora of the main cast go in the creation slot is because of future costumes? I know street fighter gets costumes and a bunch of other games as well. Pretty sure even tekken.

The game assets are fully encrypted, so I haven't looked into those, but there's nothing stopping people from messing around with memory editing.

I did try to search around a little bit and the most interesting thing I could find was this enum-style list of fighting styles:

Yoshimitsu is listed twice, and I'm betting that's due to a technicality when importing data from earlier SC games (Yoshimitsu2 is the Yoshimitsu in SC5). The most interesting thing is that Edge Master is there. He doesn't show up as an opponent during story mode, right? And there's no character with a mimic moveset, right? If that's correct, then this must be a sign they intended a mimic to be in the game.

Hopefully it doesn't imply he's part of the season pass as I imagine many people will get mad if one of the four characters in the season pass is a mimic. He is the very last character in this list, which could imply they only recently started working on him.

Anyway, I should dig around more, but my feelings right now are that the DLC characters might not actually be that far along.
Awesome find keep it up👍🏼😉

"Lesser" Lizardman's moveset:

Same CE as Sophitia (and very much broken), missing CAS animations, a lot of input resulting in no attacks, and he's even called "Lesser Lizardman" behind the scenes. I think it's safe to say he was only ever meant to be used by AI.

tenor.gif

Why two Yoshimitsus?

And Edgemaster apparently would have a model since one of the Libra videos has him with dialogue that isn’t the VN style.
Hmm, maybe that would explain it. But I'll keep digging, and I should also really actually play through the story stuff. I've only done a small part of it so far.

Edit: About the two Yoshis. SC games have maintained an internal list of characters ever since SC1 (SC6 seems to be the first time since SC1 they've rebuilt this list). Yoshimitsu was just one entry until SC5. In SC5 the development team added a new entry just for the Yoshimitsu in that game (lore-wise it's a new Yoshi, and I guess they felt so strongly about it he deserved an all-new character entry). My theory is that they imported data from both entries of Yoshimitsu from previous games and that's why there's two entries for him in SC6.

Or you could look at the worst possible scenario and conclude that Yoshimitsu2 is a DLC character!

By the way, I've just completed Arcade on Very Hard, the final boss on said difficulty is indeed Azwel. What is even more interesting is that completing Arcade on Very Hard unlocks Legendary arcade difficulty, I haven't competed it yet, but the final boss on final difficulty must be Inferno, there are no better candidates left!

Anyway, I should dig around more, but my feelings right now are that the DLC characters might not actually be that far along in development.

Please tell me Edge Master isn't part of the Season Pass. CaS Drona is better as a training dummy when show moves in the command list. I think I know why their are two Yoshi's

"Lesser" Lizardman's moveset:

Same CE as Sophitia (and very much broken), missing CAS animations, a lot of input resulting in no attacks, and he's even called "Lesser Lizardman" behind the scenes. I think it's safe to say he was only ever meant to be used by AI.
Rock on man! Good to see you back at it.

I'm curious what your process was for this? I have experience modding so this stuff interests me, especially this early in the games life cycle. I'm sure it's pretty complicated given that the files are encrypted.

Rock on man! Good to see you back at it.

I'm curious what your process was for this? I have experience modding so this stuff interests me, especially this early in the games life cycle. I'm sure it's pretty complicated given that the files are encrypted.
This was very straightforward. I hooked into SC6 with Cheat Engine and started searching for stuff. I don't have to do anything with assets when it comes to memory editing. Figuring out the encryption on game assets is a bit beyond my level (you'd have to go through the game's assembly code and figure out how it decrypts the packages), but hopefully someone will work on that.

Well I have to say that today is a great day for the SC community and fanbase. After playing the game for a few hours I have to say I'm not overly dissatisfied with the roster size. Nobody feels like they shouldn't be there and have all been handled with care.

I am a little disappointed in the lack of CaS content but I'm sure that will expand over time which I hope is sooner rather than later.

It's been quite the journey leading up to this moment that has certainly been cancerous at times, however I wanted to thank this community for the passion and support they show to the SC franchise. Looking forward to catching you guys online, some for fun and some to finally beat the crap out of lol. Jk. Hope you are all enjoying the game! Don't forget to send Okubo some love!!!

While it's a given that the game's editable in PC, i wonder if people can also hex-edit (if hex-editing is still a thing) it on PS4/XONE but i highly doubt it due to the newer hardware.

As for Edge Master, it is clearly interesting he's in there and i do hope too that he doesn't end up as a season pass character 'cause the outrage is going to be huge. My bet is they probably intended to add him just like you said but they weren't able due to time constraints or budget limitations? I don't know.

I'm personally not that interested in the season pass or any season pass generally, the game as it is now covers me fully. But if Edge Master is to be re-introduced as a character exclusive to it, it will be a bad move.

Last edited:
Back