Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

According to a crazy old man who looks like an owl, the character reveal for today is...

No one!
Pretty much on point, as always. Makes me wonder how it feels being Olcadan who knows so much about character reveals yet who is not getting reveled himself. In fact all that narrative from your side, Sectus, is very engaging. To be frank I couldn't care less about Olcadan as a character but now he's getting to a totally different level in my perception, all thanks to you!

Last edited:
Has anyone actually managed to defeat this POS in Libra of Soul? If you did... how did you do it?

k5wfFBF.jpg

The only way you can defeat this POS is by Ring Out. I've tried at least 70 times and I've managed to win 1 round five or six times, but never 2 rounds.

I'm using spoiler tags just in case. For anyone replying, please use spoiler tags as well.

It's not really all that hard, I don't think. Annoying, but not hard. You've got to know which of your character's moves can ring out, lure them or poke them over to the edge, and do the move. The AI on it is kind of one-track, so if you can get it on edge, you can usually ring out without issue, I think. This goes not only for this enemy but random encounters who also share the invincibility.

Thank you for your reply. :)

My character uses the Ivy style. I've tried to get the opponent close to the edge and kick her off, which has worked a couple of times. I tried to look up a guide for Ivy that had a list of ring out moves, but I just got confused. @_@

Also... I really don't want to give up this fight. But just in case, what happens if I choose Abandon Mission? Is there any punishment? Do I lose anything?

Pretty much on point, as always. Makes me wonder how it feels being Olcadan who knows so much about character reveals yet who is not getting reveled himself. In fact all that narrative from your side, Sectus, is very engaging. To be frank I couldn't care less about Olcadan as a character but now he's getting to a totally different level in my perception, all thanks to you!
Just you wait. Olcadan will have the last laugh when the 3 DLC characters are revealed to be Olcadan, Alpha Olcadan, and Olcadan Omega.

My character uses the Ivy style. I've tried to get the opponent close to the edge and kick her off, which has worked a couple of times. I tried to look up a guide for Ivy that had a list of ring out moves, but I just got confused. @_@

Also... I really don't want to give up this fight. But just in case, what happens if I choose Abandon Mission? Is there any punishment? Do I lose anything?
No, no punishment, you just get kicked back to the main Libra of Soul map. You might pick a style that has more/easier to do ring out moves, like Kilik, Seong Mi-na, Siegfried, Nightmare, etc. It wouldn't hurt just for the one mission.

Complaining about trope heavy new characters and how they don't fit into the game when literally every character in this franchise is a total trope freak. They all say weird shit all the time.. Just look at them. Tira didn't fit in SC3 in most aspects, her design was whack, but can't imagine the game without her now.

To complain about anachronisms when nearly all the characters in the game are super flanderized caricatures or archetypes is a bit hypocritical. Such is the nature of the game itself, which has always been skewed towards historical fantasy.

Has anyone actually managed to defeat this POS in Libra of Soul? If you did... how did you do it?

k5wfFBF.jpg

The only way you can defeat this POS is by Ring Out. I've tried at least 70 times and I've managed to win 1 round five or six times, but never 2 rounds.

I'm using spoiler tags just in case. For anyone replying, please use spoiler tags as well.
Is that it's actual name or is the 'POS' part edited on? XD

Dude i have the game on both platforms ps4 runs great but every so often it lags online expected. The xboxone version even offline on character select screen freezes sometimes not to mention online play. I have no idea why and hope they fix it, non the less loving the game.
thanks for letting me know.

so it seems like it is an Xbox issue then. yeah, hope that gets patched ASAP.

No, no punishment, you just get kicked back to the main Libra of Soul map. You might pick a style that has more/easier to do ring out moves, like Kilik, Seong Mi-na, Siegfried, Nightmare, etc. It wouldn't hurt just for the one mission.

DEvg8ex.jpg

Finally I managed to win!

I took your advice and found out that I had picked up a pretty good Nightmare weapon on my travels, so I decided to equip it. I tried about five or six times and managed to knock the opponent off in 1 round once or twice, but never 2 rounds. So then I went back to the map, bought a Siegfried weapon in Kashgar and equipped it. And I won on the second try. XD

For some reason it had never occured to me that I could change my character's fighting style in Libra of Soul just by equipping another character's weapon. I guess I'm just slow. XD Oh well.

WIQY6AT.jpg

Is that it's actual name or is the 'POS' part edited on? XD

Obviously it's edited. XD

I know one of Ivy's normal throws tosses the opponent directly behind her. It always has backwards ringout capabilities so i assume it does the same in this game.

I feel like her WR BB might also do it but for that, you might have to do an additional hit afterwards to actually push them out.

That is all i can think of right now for reverse ringouts. Sorry, i'm still not getting enough time with this game yet to actually know anything useful. :(

DEvg8ex.jpg

Finally I managed to win!

I took your advice and found out that I had picked up a pretty good Nightmare weapon on my travels, so I decided to equip it. I tried about five or six times and managed to knock the opponent off in 1 round once or twice, but never 2 rounds. So then I went back to the map, bought a Siegfried weapon in Kashgar and equipped it. And I won on the second try. XD

For some reason it had never occured to me that I could change my character's fighting style in Libra of Soul just by equipping another character's weapon. I guess I'm just slow. XD Oh well.

WIQY6AT.jpg

Obviously it's edited. XD

Sieg has like, the most notorious back throw in the game. He impales and tosses opponents behind him. Despite never using him myself, im more than familiar with it because every novice Sieg player in each game abuses this online and they arent even subtle or tricky about it.

Zasalamel was also very, very good with back ring outs. I think he has a lot of options in that regard. Not sure about this game though.

Is there any word as to when the matchmaking/network error bug is going to be fixed.

I haven’t been able to play a random player since tues, I have to invite or get invited and even then the same thing happens occasionally....

I’m on PS4 but it’s happening on all platforms.

I would love to play, but can’t atm.
It’s such a shame as this could really hurt the game just after being released and the rank match controversy.

Namco I beg you... Get. It. Together.

Haven't really had any of the problems you had playing ranked. I'm on xbox though, and I've been getting games fine on my end. I had maybe one match where it said there was a network error when searching otherwise I get games pretty quickly (like in 10-20 seconds) with next to no issues. I had network online lag in game for the two days but i think its also cleared up.

I really want to play Libra and Chronicles, and Arcade and do CAS, but I just keep fighting online.
"Just one more match."

"Eh, I can't end on such a frustrating loss."

"Eh, that victory didn't feel well-earned. One more satisfying victory."

"Oh, look how close I am to the next rank. I may as well play until then."

"Oh, I have a streak going. May as well keep playing until it ends."

(repeat for four hours)

i cant believe I still didnt finished libra of souls and character stories ... CAS and Arcade is soooooo much fun to play I cant stop
I barely played los and the character stories. I try to do cas but no creativity in my brain. Did arcade once and I only play online. Anyways didn't ya say there was a announcement today.

Back