Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

But that doesn’t make sense, where does inferno go then?
The three empty slots before I thought one of them was 2B’s but she has a new one of her own.

Or is inferno gonna be next to Siegfried?

i think the spot Inferno is right now is oke, on the other corner is Azwel the two bosses of he game are on top of each corners. but you know its just my opinion.

I dont know, i'm starting to think Square might actually be very picky about this. I could see them forcing certain conditions. Like for example

"Okay you can put this outfit in but you cant mix and match it with anything else and we dont want other characters using 2B's standard outfit."

Sounds bad and a big middle finger to us but... they want to promote their own game so its better for them if people only see certain things.

Hello i’m happy as fuck that they are nerfing this crazy reach, this is the reason i’m losing so much in ranked lol.

With the location of 2B I'm now 80% convinced that the remaining DLC characters are going to be guests.

No way too many people are gonna be mad at it if that happens, but i can see one of the 2 remaining will be Guest.

Developers in fighting games seem to put less effort in making more stages in their games in this day and age. The amount of SC VI stages are nothing compare to past SC games. It kinda bothers me because it seems to be a thing in game companies.

It's not about effort, it's about money. Tekken 7 and SFV are proof of that:

T7 has a good chunk of stages due 2 years of Arcade + home release
SFV launched with little stages, DLC makes it up

SCVI is not, at this point, in any of this scenarios.

I dont know, i'm starting to think Square might actually be very picky about this. I could see them forcing certain conditions. Like for example

"Okay you can put this outfit in but you cant mix and match it with anything else and we dont want other characters using 2B's standard outfit."

Sounds bad and a big middle finger to us but... they want to promote their own game so its better for them if people only see certain things.
yeah. I can see that being the case.

I just wish they didn't have to keep everything a secret. The game is out and people already put in an additional $40 for the season pass. The least they could do is tell us if the remaining dlc characters are returning characters. They still didn't even give us a date when we'll get 2B

Capcom typically pushes out a couple "glass cannon" types. Characters like this that can do everything. The trade off is they have far less life than the other characters. So if you fuck up and get hit, thats your ass.

I dont think they're doing that with her. She's gonna make Inferno look shit tier.
Just to make sure, your original position of "2B couldn't work in SoulCalibur" has now shifted to "2B is going to be OP in SoulCalibur." Am I understanding you correctly? You might want to prepare another shift for when 2B comes out and turns out to be only good-to-okay. (For what it's worth, her projectiles don't look unfair or broken.)

I doubt that's the case. Square allowed players to dress up as 2B in Gravity Rush 2, Phantasy Star Online 2 and SINoALICE (whatever that game is). Unless they randomly decided to give Namco-Bandai a hard time, this was almost certainly a decision made by the SoulCalibur dev team.

Just to make sure, your original position of "2B couldn't work in SoulCalibur" has now shifted to "2B is going to be OP in SoulCalibur." Am I understanding you correctly? You might want to prepare another shift for when 2B comes out and turns out to be only good-to-okay. (For what it's worth, her projectiles don't look unfair or broken.)

I doubt that's the case. Square allowed players to dress up as 2B in Gravity Rush 2, Phantasy Star Online 2 and SINoALICE (whatever that game is). Unless they randomly decided to give Namco-Bandai a hard time, this was almost certainly a decision made by the SoulCalibur dev team.

That was always my point. They cant properly translate a character like that into Soulcalibur's combat system without one of two scenarios.
A. Broken
B. Not broken but completely disappointing to Nier fans.

Concerning the costumes i wasnt aware of that. I guess we dont have proof yet either way since we havent seen anyone wearing 2Bs outfit.

If it turns out that movelist isnt all that great and she really isnt that bad then i will get on here and publicly concede that i was wrong. It looks very clearly unbalanced though, i am honestly concerned she will be a problem.

I just wish they didn't have to keep everything a secret. The game is out and people already put in an additional $40 for the season pass. The least they could do is tell us if the remaining dlc characters are returning characters. They still didn't even give us a date when we'll get 2B

wow 40 i bought mine for 30.

so did I read right? 2B herself is customizable, meaning you can change her costume to whatever you like in CAS?

if that's the case, then I see no reason 2B's costume shouldn't be available to other characters and to CAS.

if you're that concerned about "image integrity" for the character, then you wouldn't let her be dressed up in other character's costume.

I'm thinking Nioh and Sekiro.
unless Nioh gets released on Xbox, then the Nioh guy (William?) can't be a guest character.

Sekiro guy could since the game is multiplat.

but I don't want either as part of the Season Pass. if they do Pass #2, maybe they could include Sekiro guy to coincide with that game.

unless Nioh gets released on Xbox, then the Nioh guy (William?) can't be a guest character.

Sekiro guy could since the game is multiplat.

but I don't want either as part of the Season Pass. if they do Pass #2, maybe they could include Sekiro guy to coincide with that game.

If it's not Hwang/Yun-Seong and Amy/Viola then it'll be two guests. Sekiro would work well with the game mechanics and he'd probably be a rival to Yoshimitsu.

But then again, they'd need characters whose backgrounds could easily explain their inclusion. Noctis, Bayonetta, Kratos, etc.

Back