Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I don't use Twitter anymore plus a video isn't really gonna show anything when the biggest issue I have that wasn't there before is controller input delay.

Dunno about anyone else but for me this patch is creating more issues for me than solving them. When searching for opponent it now drops connection, the loading vs screen not only stutters but takes longer to load plus I now have noticeable controller input delay and more in game stutter making the combat more a guessing game.

You're saying this didnt happen before? What system?

There was always some input delay for me. Character select was the worst. Not so much during matches. Although of course there is occasional lag matches, i figure you cant escape that. This is on xbox though.

There was always some input delay for me.
There was for me as there always is for online but today is the worst I've had it. It's been quite infuriating to have such a crippling change. Perhaps by coincidence it's my ISP that's causing lag. What's the ideal ping for online?

Dunno about anyone else but for me this patch is creating more issues for me than solving them. When searching for opponent it now drops connection, the loading vs screen not only stutters but takes longer to load plus I now have noticeable controller input delay and more in game stutter making the combat more a guessing game.

For me ps4 seems a bit better after the patch.

Creation seems less laggy. The only place I'm still getting that 1-2 sec freeze is character select screen when making selection.

The gameplay was fine for me, felt the same as before the patch, but then again I'm only playing offline at the moment.

Oh yeah, I knew she was Talim, just had a brain lapse on that she was Talim Classic. But I thought Tira was Katie McNulty, aka Cristina Pucelli? Unless you meant that Tira (SoulCalibur VI) is Kate Higgins, now, which she is.
Correct. My attention has also lapsed, it would seem.

--Forgon

How do y'all feel about reversal edge?

I dont like the mechanic in general but it doesnt have the negative impact on matches to the extent that i thought it would. I've only ran into a couple players that tried to abuse that excessively and i dealt with it fairly easily.

The beta was a little different, it totally kicked my ass at that time.

What i've noticed is people dont really use it, so i think most of them dont really like it either. I suspect it gets used more often against characters like Taki, Talim, Xianghua, Groh or maybe Maxi.

Edit: To add to this, i noticed during beta there was a huge issue with REs coming out from me randomly quite often but i cant remember the last time that happened so they probably fixed that.

Last edited:
I dont like the mechanic in general but it doesnt have the negative impact on matches to the extent that i thought it would. I've only ran into a couple players that tried to abuse that excessively and i dealt with it fairly easily.

The beta was a little different, it totally kicked my ass at that time.

What i've noticed is people dont really use it, so i think most of them dont really like it either. I suspect it gets used more often against characters like Taki, Talim, Xianghua, Groh or maybe Maxi.

Edit: To add to this, i noticed during beta there was a huge issue with REs coming out from me randomly quite often but i cant remember the last time that happened so they probably fixed that.
Yeah not alot of people use but some do abuse it and when they do its horrible and cheap definitely with nightmare.

One thing I've noticed about Reversal Edge is that it works much better against some characters than others. Talim for example half the time can just keep attacking to interrupt an RE attack even if they block successfully but some others will always be hit if they hit against the block.

One thing I've noticed about Reversal Edge is that it works much better against some characters than others. Talim for example half the time can just keep attacking to interrupt an RE attack even if they block successfully but some others will always be hit if they hit against the block.

Just to clarify, with this example your saying a player can not RE against Talim?

How do y'all feel about reversal edge?

I just side step more often or BA more often they get lethal hit, i get a huge combo they lose 70 + of their life bar, if its a spammer rinse and repeat until he understand he cant RE against me.
People play always i patterns, most of the time i use the first round (if not also the 2nd round) to understand my opponents patterns and what their habits are in game then next round i try to exploit them, because some of their patterns have become predictable.
i also change my patterns in game like for example: i spam full crouch 1K K on Mina too much to the point that my opponent knows what im gona do next, so i throw a crouch while rising B and get a combo on it, next time they hesitate on what to do when they see me crouch and he goes up down and then up guard again and i crouch 1K K on them and they fall on the ground (if they guessed wrong of course ).

TL;DR : try to predict what your opponent is doing, be unpredictable to your opponent. in other words predict the RE and you are Guicc baby.

Back