Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I find that her speed range combo and her ability to cover distance all adds up to something that strikes fear. I played a few of them this afternoon. I just froze up after trying to find openings with my fastest moves an d getting countered all the time. She's so wierd. Though I will say that a potential weakness in her may be the fact that a lot of her single button press moves result in multiple attacks and I don't see a lot of gb moves in there. So that means re is good against her pressure imo.
I practiced with and against her with the cpu. She can get ridiculous, but she's rather unsafe. Also, her 3B launches her in the air. I'm going to test how effective Zas and Ivy's airgrabs work against that

My initial impression of fighting/playing 2B is that she's high risk, high reward and very accessible. Extremely lethal with horizontal low/mid/high mixups but generally unsafe with the zip-abouts all over the place.

She's probably a bit too quick for such a diverse toolset and the pressuring is just insane if you know what you're doing. Within 10 minutes in training I managed to mash myself to a natural combo eating half the bar. I really do think Bamco overdid it with all the multi-hits she gets with those simple inputs.

She'll certainly be obnoxious online, but at least it can't get worse than Ivy. If anything, she's probably the ideal choice for destroying that balloon-breasted trollop.

Well i'll tell you what. Even IF 2B is not broken, the stuff from her is very different than other characters. That coupled with how i've heard that she is very easy to pick up and use means she is going to demand a lot of knowledge to properly defend against and counter her moveset.... for anyone that purchases her and even has access to the lab. Anyone else, my condolences. You have your work cut out for you.

Cause you know... its one thing to tell a player complaining about a character, to "go to the lab", "learn the matchup", or "get good, scrub".

But ummm, that is a little bit different when it requires an additional purchase to even do that, for a character they may or may not even like.
This has been the argument against character DLC for fighting games since the beginning. Both Harada and Capcom's Ono made pretty much this exact same argument about why they were hesitant to add DLC characters to Tekken and Street Fighter respectively.

But that was ten years ago. Consumers have repeatedly shown they want DLC characters, companies like money, and fighting games have had to live with that.

This has been the argument against character DLC for fighting games since the beginning. Both Harada and Capcom's Ono made pretty much this exact same argument about why they were hesitant to add DLC characters to Tekken and Street Fighter respectively.

But that was ten years ago. Consumers have repeatedly shown they want DLC characters, companies like money, and fighting games have had to live with that.

Yeah perhaps but that also should depend on what exactly we are talking about here. As i said 2B isnt exactly what you would call a "standard character". Notice i'm not saying much about Tira. If i choose never to get the SP i suspect i probably wont care about fighting Cassandra or Amy online either. 2B is so different it looks like she is going to demand a lot of character specific knowledge.

Still getting a connection lost, so lame. Lol I think they made it worst, I'm in E fighting no rank and what not.

At a high enough level, every character requires character-specific knowledge.

I don't think 2B is going to revolutionize SoulCalibur any more than Menat/Abigail did for Street Fighter or Eliza/Geese/Noctis did for Tekken. Yes, they bring new ideas to the game. To some degree new ideas are a good thing. Yes, it's a bit unfair to ask players who don't like those characters to buy them just to learn how to fight them. But just because Marduk is a classic Tekken character doesn't mean that people who don't necessarily like him aren't going to have to buy him if they really want to learn the match-up.

Tl;dr - Namco, Capcom, SNK and ArcSys should copy Killer Instinct and let you practice against characters you don't own.

So I've recently come across this:-

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/ps4/my-ps4-life/

and what it does is a video summarizing your PS4 experience such as hours played and trophies. What's interesting though is that it reveals the number of trophy owners of your rarest trophy at the end of the video. Now If we have the numbers for even one of the trophies and compare it to the percentage number we will then have a rough idea on how many copies have been purchased on PS4. I tried to do this but unfortunately it listed a different game. If anyone has a PS4 with just SC6 on it we will be able to find out how many copies have been sold. This will give us an idea if the series is safe at this point.

Example:-
EEXzBJEiIj.jpg

146466 x 100 ÷ 4.6 = 3,184,043 PS4 owners

fE4XkHNnVB.jpg

527650 x 100 ÷ 16.8 = 3,140,773 PS4 owners

j7C7cPCiT4.jpg

515755 x 100 ÷ 16.4 = 3,144,847 PS4 owners

well i'm okay with Cass and Amy and the CaS parts was expected

fuck they better do a season 2... it can't end without bringing back hwang/yun, setsuka, and hilde.
hmm...kinda makes me wonder...

S1 DLC is 4 characters right? Tira (as a "bonus"), 2B, ___/___ (let's say Cass/Amy). I'm thinking if there's a S2, it'll definitely be Hwang (if not in S1. Then put Amy/Cass here). But how about another guest character? Maybe a new character? Would Setsuka and Hilde really be shoe-ins or will they have to wait for SC7 *cross fingers*? Hopefully the demand is high enough to where SC6 is supported long term in order to get those characters. Even if it means spending more $.

2B is pretty insane. They did a really good job making use of pretty well all of her tools. She's very easy to pick up a play but also has quite a bit of depth with her different stances. Only thing I'm not too crazy about is her arial attacks. Her ability to hang out in the air gives her a huge mobility advantage over pretty well anyone, especially when she throwing YorHa blades down at you or bombs that explode with a fairly large radius. I will say though I'm enjoying using her as well as fighting against her so far and with pretty much everyone using her right now it makes for good practice, win or lose.

Well we can't say Namco didn't respect the poll

Hopefully having Amy means they'll skip Viola and hopefully we won't get both Yun and Hwang.

In other news holy shit i never knew how easy it is to get Ivy's command throws in this game. The last time i practiced them it took a week just to get them at 50/50 success and killed my thumb in the process. I just tried them for the first time in this game and they both came out right away. I know, i know, game has been out for a while now and yes, i'm a little embarrased. Honestly i was loathing trying to work out the new inputs and have been putting it off but damn if that isnt easy as pie. I mean you got all day to do that shit. For any newer players that took one look at those inputs and thought "No, thank you.", give it a shot. You might be surprised.

Last edited:
Well we can't say Namco didn't respect the poll

...So Setsuka, Hilde, and Yun-seong for Season 2?

EDIT: So I started looking deeper into the stuff they added into the game, and it seems they also added compendium entries for each of 2B's weapons as well as entries in the character compendium for 9S and Pod 042. There's also entries for the ruins, YoRHa, androids, and machine lifeforms. Nifty, if that.

Last edited:
Back