Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I cannot for the life of me understand why combos ended with CE actually scales down to LESS damage than the CE alone in some cases. That just seems like a major oversight.

Because if they didn't scale you would be complaining that they do too much damage. Scaling combos in fighting games has been a thing for a long time now, it's to stop death combos which do still happen but those events are extremely rare, like they require very specific points of the stage to execute properly.

I wasn't saying it should do max damage after a combo, it just seems completely illogical to do LESS damage than a stand-alone CE. For christ's sake, it's a CE, at least let the combo+CE do a tad more damage. Just a tad. Nobody would lose their minds over that and the whole system would make alot more sense.

A stand alone super is and will always be the max damage you get from one. Again scaling is not new to fighting games with one of my earliest memories of scaling from the original Killer Instinct and IIRC other 90's games such as Capcom's X Men Children of the Atom.

I cannot for the life of me understand why combos ended with CE actually scales down to LESS damage than the CE alone in some cases. That just seems like a major oversight.
They should just implement a "guaranteed damage" on CEs, where supers can't scale past certain point, which would make them more useful in combos.

Well I'm thinking the supers could be a little shorter with a little less damage. They wouldn't be the Get Out of Jail Free cards as they are now, neither would they be such a chore to watch, and they would fit better into combos albeit regulated by some level of scaling. Just not so they become utterly pointless.

RE-sidestep launchers should always connect, not constantly whiff, right? 2Bs hold launcher whiffs every time for me. This is against Nightmare, I'm certain this has worked against others.

I’m tired of people and their potato routers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even when i have my settings as 3+ bars my moves are still delayed. Seriously fix this shit, these people can’t have 3+ bars it’s fucking impossible
It would be nice if Project Soul took the NRS route and showed who is using wifi (via icon) and who isn't so we can avoid the wifi users. But I doubt that will happen.

It would be nice if Project Soul took the NRS route and showed who is using wifi (via icon) and who isn't so we can avoid the wifi users. But I doubt that will happen.

Wifi isn't the problem, it's the ping which can happen on either side regardless if wired or wireless. People should check theirs before pointing fingers as a simple reset of your router can sort the problem out. I use wifi and get around 40ms. For a 60fps game that's under 3 frames. 99.9% of people don't notice that and I would even question if the pros do as well because if there's one thing more consistent than bad ping it's salt.

You can test your ping on this site here.
http://www.meter.net/ping-test/

Other things to consider.
reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/55quiu/how_much_input_lag_are_fighting_games_supposed_to/
https://displaylag.com/video-game-input-lag-database/
http://shoryuken.com/2016/09/26/ini...elay-is-now-only-6-5-frames-on-playstation-4/

Frame delay in fighting games SRK.png

Last edited:
I think I understand how 2B works and what the idea was for her gameplan. It's harder to get off a lot of the better launchers than you think. She gets rewarded for smarter plays. Aggression Shift is weak to fast verticals, preferably thrusts or dash attacks. She's still a better Taki. A dash stance that tech crouches, a full throw mixup, and 3 solid options.

I won but I had an issue where fishing in Angler isn't as linear as you think. Maybe it was laggy. Most folks rely on Aggression Shift BB and 44(A).

Last edited:
I still have lots of fun playing against him in legendary difficulty. It really puts your skills to the test, knowing that a single whiff or unsafe move can end up with your char pretty much KO'ed. I also use fights against inferno to check on my actual skills with any char before going online with him/her. If I can consistently beat the whole ladder + him with no retries, then I consider myself ready to try online with that char. Of course this is by no means any kind of formula, but it works for me.

Back