Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I wanted Hwang but I'll take Amy too ;) I prefer using her instead of Raphael to be honest and I quite hated her Viola incarnation in 5... Ohh, but I was hoping for a new stage, like Raphael Mansion or something, SC6 has so few stages :(
Yeah, some new stages would be nice. Besides, we need a new one anyways since 2B's addition left the stage select screen lopsided lol

I wanted Hwang but I'll take Amy too ;) I prefer using her instead of Raphael to be honest and I quite hated her Viola incarnation in 5... Ohh, but I was hoping for a new stage, like Raphael Mansion or something, SC6 has so few stages :(
There’s always Yellow from the second season pass. I’m sure that will be Hwang. When, though, is the tough question. And I was sure Amy would get a new stage in Dumas Mansion, but I guess not. Cassandra doesn’t really make sense to bring a new stage, considering she shares with Sophitia. Maybe they’re just going to add Seong Dojang in a free update or something? I dunno.

Well it looks like I'll get to enjoy Amy for a game or two before they butcher her and make Her Viola for no good reason, there goes my dream of them separating them into 2 different characters oh well

I'm so happy right now!! And the next seven characters are going to have Soul Chronicle entries. They weren't slick when they gave Amy those two roses in her portrait and now they used the crystal ball in the reveal trailer lmao.

So HYPED: Amy, our brutal ballet, it begins anew! I didn't dare hope they would swap you in before Cass, but now I weep tears of joy that are outnumbered only by the millions of stinging blows I will inflict upon my foes through your epee!

But all disclaimers of forthcoming digital beatings aside, some things I noticed:
  • Beyond the obvious allusions of the crystal ball and the musical queue, I was already getting the Viola vibe just off of the outfit, which incidentally, I think may be Amy's best default outfit yet, kicking the lolita vibe a little, if not entirely. This feeds into a broad change in her thematics hinted at in the trailer, namely...
  • They seem to have retconned her age a little bit, to make her more mature. She's taller, relative to other characters, than she was in SCIV (even though we can probably expect her story to occur not long after the current span of time of the current SCVI narrative--if still probably mostly after all other SCVI soul chronicles, including Talim), she has new and more mature sounding Japanese voice acting, and again, the outfit is a bit less frilly (well, slightly so, anyway). Overall, it seems as if we are dealing with a variation on her character that is a bit older than we've previously experienced (outside of her later appearance as Viola, of course).
  • I don't know if this means we can expect that the story of SCVI will extend much further into the narrative timeline than previous Soul Chronicles, or if this is just a bit of slight thematic retconning, but I think it's a nice touch, and will help serve as a bridge to her ultimate transition to Viola, which I think we can now safely assume will probably take place in a future game (which is great news in itself, insofar as Viola's moveset was an outstanding feature of SCV). Mind you, I do hope it's a "both movesets appearing in the same game" kind of situation (a la Raph and neo-Nightmare in SCV) though, because I really don't want to lose Any's epee style in the next entry, yet again.
  • And I think we've been given an indication that Azwel probably plays a major role in Amy losing her memory, which suggests that he's going to stick around as a presence (as a lore character, if nothing else) in future installments, retconned into the retelling of the SC narrative. I have mixed feelings about that, not being a huge fan of the character, but there you have it.
But my main thought: MY MAIN. I HAVE MY MAIN BACK!!!!! Soul Calibur is Soul Calibur again--it's truly back for me! I'm gonna tear a bloody path to C1 in a matter of a couple of weeks!

Last edited:
Now that we're getting stronger implications that Amy = Viola, is it just me or that kick she does against Azwel look a lot like Viola's 44K (I think that's the command...the knee slide kick)?

Ever sine Raphael's soul chronicle leaks I have been wondering why Amy has those little skulls on her hair that closely resemble the ones Tira used to have in her SCV outfit.

Back