Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Knowing the way SC6 went in as far as models are concerned, Im pretty sure Cassandra will look pretty much the same from SC4.

Besides Cassandra, who else do we think is a good DLC choice? Assuming we get a season 2 pass Id really like, Hilde, Setsuka, Hwang/Yun. Rock can rot.

Knowing the way SC6 went in as far as models are concerned, Im pretty sure Cassandra will look pretty much the same from SC4.
I'm not so sure about that. The designs of SCVI have actually hearkened back more to the SCI-III era for the most part. It's possible they might re-use the facial model assets for convenience, but there's a bit of a disconnect (though probably not one large enough for the average consumer to notice) between that and the 2D portraits utilized in VI's story modes. If I had to guess, I'd say we're going to see something that doesn't look exactly like either Cassie's SCII/III design nor the SCIV/LS design, but is vaguely close to either.

Besides Cassandra, who else do we think is a good DLC choice? Assuming we get a season 2 pass Id really like, Hilde, Setsuka, Hwang/Yun. Rock can rot.
There's a great deal of discussion of this in the SCVI DLC thread (and to a lesser extent, the SCVI roster thread), though the debate died down months
ago. I believe that, presuming plans for season 2 have proceeded, we have pretty solid indications that the Season two six are the following: Aeon/Lizardman, Hwang, Li Long, Rock, Setsuka, Yun-Seong. In other words, the six remaining characters from the Soul games that have contributed characters and plot beats to SCVI so far. Given the focus of the VI's plot, the time continuity between these characters, and the identities hinted at by the "leaked" codenames, I don't think it's likely that Hilde or anyone else who originated in SCIV or later is likely to be included. But you can see the factors that have gone into this (and other) interpretations in the afore-mentioned threads. On a side-note, I continue to be perplexed about why Rock has a dedicated contingent of players who are so adverse to his return.

Last edited:

Aeon/Lizardman, probably his SC1-4 sword/axe and shield since his double axe Kratos style hasn’t happened yet.

I thought this was the SC board, not the FF one?
Funny, you didn't seem to have a problem with Tifa being raised as proof of your theory that gaming is being de-sexualized by a conspiracy of politcally correct ideologues infiltrating the industry and oppressing the developers/artists. But as soon as that story was demonstrated to be bullshit and an embarrassment for anyone who jumped on the outrage wagon, this thread can only consider Soulcalibur topics, huh? Interesting.

Personally I think just about everything that can be said on the topic has been, regardless of what one's take on the matter is, and I for one am going to move on, but if Tres or anyone else wants to discuss it, I think it's pretty hypocritical for you to wave the "let's keep the topic on Soulcalibur" flag. Tres wasn't the one who raised the Tifa topic to begin with, and I'm pretty much 100% certain you would not be urging a change of topic if the situation hadn't blown back against the narrative you were endorsing.

Anyway, this is pretty much the one and only thread live on 8WR right now, so pretty much all chatter is getting channeled here at present, and all Tres did was post a tweet that anyone with any take on the matter could see the humor in.

Funny, you didn't seem to have a problem with Tifa being raised as proof of your theory that gaming is being de-sexualized by a conspiracy of politcally correct ideologues infiltrating the industry and oppressing the developers/artists. But as soon as that story was demonstrated to be bullshit and an embarrassment for anyone who jumped on the outrage wagon, this thread can only consider Soulcalibur topics, huh? Interesting.

Personally I think just about everything that can be said on the topic has been, regardless of what one's take on the matter is, and I for one am going to move on, but if Tres or anyone else wants to discuss it, I think it's pretty hypocritical for you to wave the "let's keep the topic on Soulcalibur" flag. Tres wasn't the one who raised the Tifa topic to begin with, and I'm pretty much 100% certain you would not be urging a change of topic if the situation hadn't blown back against the narrative you were endorsing.

Anyway, this is pretty much the one and only thread live on 8WR right now, so pretty much all chatter is getting channeled here at present, and all Tres did was post a tweet that anyone with any take on the matter could see the humor in.
Oh, stop it. It’s done and over with now. There’s no need for this to continue anymore.

I hated Cass' SC4 face. I hope they change that. Didnt much care for her outfit either.
Ehhh...her outfits weren’t so bad. Not amazing but they weren’t terrible. But her face...was a whole different issue.

I hated Cass' SC4 face. I hope they change that. Didnt much care for her outfit either.
You know, IV being the game that I've logged the most hours on, I just got used to all of its assets and never really had a problem with them. But later, seeing the difference side-by-side in discussions, I have to admit, it really was a pretty big change in tone for her, and I feel like the old face better suits Cassie much better (particularly insofar as the each demotes, with the resting faces being miles apart on the determined-carefree spectrum). If the 2D portraits are any indication, we'll be getting something not quite identical to either version for VI.
Ehhh...her outfits weren’t so bad. Not amazing but they weren’t terrible.
If I had to choose which of her outfits feels most iconic to me, it's her SCII 1P (at least I think her green outfit was her 1P?). That's the one I'd most care to see return, in basic design if not necessarily the same colour. If the Libra/Chronicles portraits are any indication, it looks like we're getting a brown and gold scheme for this next appearance, and I have to say, that seems like it could really work. I'm hoping that Valkyrie is among her weapons, because it was always a great weapon for certain custom CaS uses (and for Cassie designs, of course), but the default green colour always limited it a bit--presumably no longer an issue this time around.

Ughh, this is what waiting so long for a new character does to us: dissecting every little feature we'd normally not care about if only we had her to plllaaaay with!!

If I had to choose which of her outfits feels most iconic to me, it's her SCII 1P (at least I think her green outfit was her 1P?). That's the one I'd most care to see return, in basic design if not necessarily the same colour. If the Libra/Chronicles portraits are any indication, it looks like we're getting a brown and gold scheme for this next appearance, and I have to say, that seems like it could really work. I'm hoping that Valkyrie is among her weapons, because it was always a great weapon for certain custom CaS uses (and for Cassie designs, of course), but the default green colour always limited it a bit--presumably no longer an issue this time around.

Ughh, this is what waiting so long for a new character does to us: dissecting every little feature we'd normally not care about if only we had her to plllaaaay with!!
Her SCII 1P is the blue & white one. The green one is her 2P outifit.

Attachments

• Sc2-cassandra.jpg
    Sc2-cassandra.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 87
You know, IV being the game that I've logged the most hours on, I just got used to all of its assets and never really had a problem with them. But later, seeing the difference side-by-side in discussions, I have to admit, it really was a pretty big change in tone for her, and I feel like the old face better suits Cassie much better (particularly insofar as the each demotes, with the resting faces being miles apart on the determined-carefree spectrum). If the 2D portraits are any indication, we'll be getting something not quite identical to either version for VI.

Her SCII 1P is the blue & white one. The green one is her 2P outifit.

Yep , this one is her 1P . But I prefer her green costume by far , more elegant , sexy and her tied haircut with that apple green color is pretty cool also ! ( and this costume was perfect with Valkyrie) :sc2cas2:

I prefer Cass in the purple/blue/white color scheme. Based on her story mode portrait in VI, it looks like Cass will have some orange in her color scheme this time.

Yep , this one is her 1P . But I prefer her green costume by far , more elegant , sexy and her tied haircut with that apple green color is pretty cool also ! ( and this costume was perfect with Valkyrie) :sc2cas2:
Yup, that was my default combo for her too. I forget what Valkyrie's exact special properties were in SCII, but it was either one of the life suckers or a regenerater, and had a high damage output. So basically it was the perfect weapon for staying on the offensive in order to grind faster. So all the more reason to use Cassandra's 2P/green outfit, since no other outfit/weapon pairing of hers goes together quite so well. Man, the look of that game still holds up so well today.

:sc4cas1::sc2cas2: "Here I come!" :sc2cas1::sc4cas1:

Last edited:
Yup, that was my default combo for her too. I forget what Valkyrie's exact special properties were in SCII, but it was either one of the life suckers or a regenerater, and had a high damage output. So basically it was the perfect weapon for staying on the offensive in order to grind faster. So all the more reason to use Cassandra's 2P/green outfit, since no other outfit/weapon pairing of hers goes together quite so well. Man, the look of that game still holds up so well today.

:sc2cas2: "Here I come!" :sc2cas1:
It was a regeneration weapon, plus the high damage. But yeah that weapon was strong as hell.

It was a regeneration weapon, plus the high damage. But yeah that weapon was strong as hell.
Yeah, it's pretty much the reason I ended up playing her in multiplayer, as I recall. I used her with that weapon to grind out as much as possible (bear in mind, I've owned every one of the four console versions of the game at some point or another, so that's a fair bit of content unlocking) and really developed a taste for her style. I had been a fan of Sophitia in the early games, but Cassandra was a much more appealing variation on the theme, since I prefer characters that are a bit more grounded in general.

Last edited:
I hope with Cassandra some more blunt stuff starts happening to the scenario.
I wonder if they'll mention her dimension traveling habits?
At least then by pushing the story further there would be more excuse to add stages.
That or just port SC3AE at this point, I'm damn content starved.

I hope with Cassandra some more blunt stuff starts happening to the scenario.
I wonder if they'll mention her dimension traveling habits?
At least then by pushing the story further there would be more excuse to add stages.
That or just port SC3AE at this point, I'm damn content starved.
In the original narrative, I don't think Cassandra has any involvement with the astral chaos until the end of SCIV, though I'm not a huge loremeister, so perhaps I've forgotten something. Insofar as that's correct though, I wouldn't expect any such thing in VI, since it has explored only plot elements from the first few games with any other character--including characters that were introduced contemporaneously with Cassandra in the original narrative. Even with Tira and Amy, who were introduced later than Cassie, their stories do not extend much beyond the end of SCII or maybe early SCIII. Regardless, I wouldn't expect any new stages with season 1; that's a lot of extra work for them to throw in as a previously un-announced bonus: had they planned on doing that, I think they would have made it pretty clear a while ago, so it could potentially boost sales of the season pass. Besides, there's already an astral chaos stage in VI.

Regarding SCIII:AE HDO, from your lips to Harada's ears, my friend! ...but I'm also not holding my breath.

Amy's story goes up to after SCIV, where she becomes Viola.
I mean, it’s foreshadowed, but it doesn’t actually occur. In the same vein, it’s possible that Cassandra may get a vision or something of being stuck in the chaos with Edge Master, but it wouldn’t actually occur either.

But with regards to Cassandra, it seems to me that she was swallowed up into it, rather than her having some sort of ability to dimension hop. Her character is very much a rejection of supernatural ideals, only using her own power and skill to triumph.

Back