Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

B8D6DF28-6F49-4138-9970-11FA5D32734D.jpeg

i wont be watching the Tekken tournament

I don’t think there will be a season 2.
There is far too much anti-advertising In favour of such an investment.

It just doesn’t make sense that if there was a season 2, to advertise it in such a sloppy way.
I do feel Cassandra will be released on Monday after Tekken’s final.

But I very much doubt there will be a season 2, this was prime time communication for the games core audience the “peak time” of interest has just passed.

It was a great tournament!

Hmmm i suppose that would kind of explain them not giving a shit but even so i dont see how that would make them choose the Tekken coverage for the final revealed character.

I dont see how it could possibly make any difference to them at all... but it does matter to us.

Won't be watching either... Tekken isn't appealing at all for me: clunky movements, design of first games far inferior compared to others of the time, stupid lore (imho), the fact they're trying to shove it down our throats as THE fighting game, ruled by a tyran... nah I'll pass.

We got blueballed by Bandai Namco lol.

By the way, correct me if I'm wrong, but I noticed that almost every character aside from Zasalamel and Tira has been used in Top 48 at EVO. I'm really liking how balanced this game is to the point where almost all characters could be used. EVO 2019 was a fun watch.

Here's hoping that we don't get blueballed this Sunday. I'm also a Tekken fan so I'm looking forward to a Season 3 announcement on that end. Damnit why do they have to hold everything back there.

I may be the only one that think it may be a good idea. I mean sure it's disappointing this ended with no announcement (sick tournament btw), but i mean when Tekken was struggling they did same by announcing characters during SF5 finals if i remember well.

Tekken 7 finals will be on Sunday last game before Smash, all Tekken fans (there are quite a bit) will be there obviously, SC fans (even those who don't like much Tekken) will also tune for the reveal, and Smash fans because they will be waiting their game that will start right after Tekken (and there are quite a LOOOOOOOOOT of them).

This will bring more eyes on Cassandra, and Soul Calibur as a whole when you think about it.

And that would be even more dope if they'll have more things to reveal.

Last edited:
Now imagine if the PSN store leak didn't happen....... lol.
Shh...don’t jinx it. It could actually happen lol.

Streamed for 13 hours to tons of SC fans and attracted lots of new players as well. I watched the chat for a bit during finals and people were saying they picked up the game BECAUSE of the stream and sale. I'm not sure what's sadder, Bandai Namco being so irrevocably terrible at promoting one of their oldest IPs or us for getting our hopes up after months of silence. This is how to lose customers not grow a playerbase.
It’s sad to see that Namco is treating this series and it’s community like a rotten apple. First the late reveals and date announcements, then the moment of silence, and now THIS!!! I don’t think people are even hyped for Cassandra at this point anymore because of how this will be in the future, and if this keeps up then those new players are going to leave as well. Extinguishing the Soul, moments before it could burn.

You know I can think of one major reason why she's going to be saved for Sunday with Tekken top 8. Harada and Okubo are going to announce a Bandai Namco tour with Tekken, Dragonball Fighterz and Soul Calibur with possibly a Season 2 for Soul Calibur and a Season 3 for Tekken. If you think about it in this context, withholding Cassandra until then makes the most sense because those who are only fans of Soul Calibur won't bother watching the stream if we have seen what we wanted to see before then.

Hmmm i suppose that would kind of explain them not giving a shit but even so i dont see how that would make them choose the Tekken coverage for the final revealed character.

I dont see how it could possibly make any difference to them at all... but it does matter to us.

I think it matters because Cassandra is the only thing they have.
A bit of a sad reality really.

However If Tekken does have an announcement of its own even though Harada said there wouldn’t be.
It’s a realistic prospect that project soul might be struggling within BN.

Because it wouldn’t make sense considering how big of a game Tekken is to suffocate future SC6 content in such a way when it has a sizeable fan base of it own.
Especially considering the EVO participation And viewership.

Sunday will subliminally give us SC fans answers.

I'll wait until Sunday to make statement, i want to believe that they just want the best for serie and planned the best possible thing (i mean that BN US social media clown is a story on his own...)

Like when you think about if they have something big to reveal, like Cassandra + SC world Tour and maybe even a big season 2 with gameplay update and cie, that would make sens they want to make the reveal with the highest twitch views possible. At least that's what i'm hoping.

Those incoming 2 days are gonna be Toooooooooooooooooooooooo LONG

A year ago, Okubo came on stage before the top 8 and revealed asta and mina. If I remember right they had cooler dlc before that too. So maybe they are saving all the Namco announcements together on Sunday

Just realized they might be trying to get SC fans (not like there are that many of us) to watch Tekken on Sunday so they have an even bigger view count. I guess that's what happens when a 5 year old game needs to sell a third season of content...
I really feel like the issue is too divisive for this kind of unity, however. There are some fans who play both, sure, but it seems like most people are either Tekken or SoulCalibur fans, and so the SoulCalibur fans are angry and less inclined to watch the Tekken stream, even if they weren't going to anyway, out of a lack of interest, forcing them to begrudgingly watch it to maybe get some news about their game, that's just cruel and unusual.

The idea that they might have a joint World Tour between their three fighters might be a believable narrative if they hadn't "accidentally" left SoulCalibur out of the EVO sale tweet, even though SoulCalibur VI was definitely on sale. I just can't see that being the case, really. SoulCalibur getting its own World Tour, maybe, but I don't believe the three games have the solidarity to go as a unit

LOL its reminds me when Rapha and Cervy were leaked for a month and they came out a loooong time after.
But I am really starting to think Harada hates SC, maybe bc the games receive more love from its fans than Tekken does? Bamco really wants to kill the franchise or what?
You know what Harada, The legend will never die

Back