Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Star = Algol (comes from the Perseus constellation)
Stone = ? (Rock but doubtful due to how unpopular he is, maybe a 3rd guest?)
Yell = ? (Hilde? If the code name was "Battle" then it would make more sense)
Star = Yun-seong (the hanja for Yun’s “seong” means star)
Stone = Rock (also obvious)
Yell = Li Long (it’s the most dubious, but he yells “Hooooo!” before fighting — it’s mostly because he’s the last one left out since the other five are pretty obvious, he would be the only character missing from SoulBlade to SoulCalibur III and it would be conspicuous if only he was missing)

Nope. SB had 1, SC had 2, SC2 had 3, SC3 had 4, SC4 had 3, and SC5 had 3. 3 has been normal for quite some time, now.

I’ve said my piece on Aeon; you can read it in my other posts. I don’t see any problems with him being a sword/axe and shield user with his lizardisms setting him apart.

There are fans of both characters, for different reasons. Their styles are as different as Sophitia and Cassandra. I don’t know why we should be forced to only have one of them.

There has been a variation in styles for every character thus far, regardless of them using the same kind of weapon or not. I’m not sure why there would be a line drawn now, when they’ve shown their ability to give each character their own unique feeling.

As for new characters, we may get a couple more, but that’s SoulCalibur VII territory.

That’s if there is a 7.
Soulcalibur 6 is designed differently than the rest of the games in terms of the devs hyper focusing on how a character actually functions with the introduction of sub mechanics.

I know you want everyone one back (is a nice idea) but I’m just speaking realistically from what we’ve been given and told.
Having to choose is making sure the series is as potent as possible for 7 to even be considered.
Season 1 has had everyone complaining about either it’s time management, variants or general communication.

I’m just being cautious as I’m aware how asinine very casual gamers can be when it comes to the bigger picture.
It would be better to think about variants carefully from this point.
If they are more unique than they have been by SC6 standards I personally wouldn’t have a problem.
But as unique as Amy is when compared to Raphael people still complains there isn’t much variety in terms of weapon choices.

Maybe I’m being too strategic about boosting SC6 general perception, I just want the game to do even better if even extra content.
It’s lacking in stages as it is I just don’t want a whole pack of variants (another set of characters with different styles, same weapon) to stall the games growth.

artard4321's roster: Rock, Lizardman, Hwang, Setsuka, Hilde and Guest.
DanteSC3's roster: Rock, Lizardman, Hwang, Setsuka, Li Long and Yun Seong.
Robert's roster: Rock, Lizardman, Hwang, Setsuka, Hilde and Viola.
Ricardoshark's roster: Guest (?), Lizardman, Hwang, Setsuka, Hilde (?) and Algol.
Ooofmatic's roster: Rock, Lizardman, Hwang, Setsuka, Dampierre and Algol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know which one is going to be the God of leaks, just hope they release the characters in pairs, just like TEKKEN 7: season 2 did.

Last edited:
I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring

Snow: Setsuka
Yellow: Hwang
Reptile: Aeon (double axes with slightly altered moves, we don't need the S+S Lizardman)
Star: Guest
Stone: Highly revamped Rock
Yell: Hilde OR a new character
Absolutely betting this list. It has a good mix of already established characters (Hwang, Lizardmen), added in some unique style characters who are also female (Hilde, Setsuka) and Stone is pretty damn obvious. Guest character may be also pretty damn necessary from financial point of view. Tho I would like if there would be at least one new character instead of guest

Absolutely betting this list. It has a good mix of already established characters (Hwang, Lizardmen), added in some unique style characters who are also female (Hilde, Setsuka) and Stone is pretty damn obvious. Guest character may be also pretty damn necessary from financial point of view. Tho I would like if there would be at least one new character instead of guest
I think that another guest character is basically necessary for the season pass to succeed, at least in Bandai Namco's eyes. Their MO is massive profits on medium budgets now that they're such a titan in the industry.

It makes me laugh when people ask for Viola, Zwei or characters from SCV, like, i mean, do u know that AMY IS VIOLA and that Amy is actually 14 (SC4 she was described as this) so, that’s technically impossible??

The game is seeing a nice rebound on steam!
20190804_142859.jpg

But like hey guys, with EVO and, maybe my baby Cassandra tonight, what weapons do u think she’ll get? I mean her black blade, P1 and P2, Valkyrie and Ivan the Terrible for sure, but after?

Really? Care to remind me where they exactly point out at which age Amy becomes Viola?

In HER story, when she fights AZWEL (sorry spoil guys??) we can see Viola in the cristal orb and Azwel hurting Amy in the back ;) go check this on ytbe

In HER story, when she fights AZWEL (sorry spoil guys??) we can see Viola in the cristal orb and Azwel hurting Amy in the back ;) go check this on ytbe
Sure hun, but where exactly is it pointed out that she doesn't become Viola the following month? How come we wouldn't be able to get her?

Back