Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Online infrastructure getting better and more people having access to it would be a blessing.
I'm fortunate enough to have a decent connection but its unfair that some people haven't got much of a choice in the matter.

Going forward I do hope things get better. They're obviously great now, but I mean it can only get better.
Yeah, I hear you, some people I play online with only have a single choice and often it's high latency and slow connections too, especially for my friends that live in rural regions. I hope it gets better with the rollout of 5G and hope to see if that would improve online gaming with less connection and latency issues since it looks like the expansion of fiber optic lines has pretty much stopped. I can't believe how far behind we are compared to Asia and Europe.

So, any sales on the season pass yet?
thinking.png

Man... after playing through Cassandra's Chronicle, I'm dying to see where SCVII takes the series.

Hopefully it comes at a reasonable time, like 2022 rather than 2025 or so. Now that the corporate drama has been resolved, I feel better now.

I've got some terrible news.

I doubt very seriously that they will follow the same business model as Lost Swords. Free-to-Play games are notorious for being bloated with micro transactions, so it doesn't come as much of a surprise for a game of that nature to be set up that way. In this case I think it would be absurd to assume it was anything other than just a recycled image or whatever. Seeing as how we have made a season 2 possible shows that there is potential for further growth and success. I doubt their next step would to be to watch it burn. I don't get why people are so gung-ho on finding a negative in every little detail, especially in light of all the good news we've just recieved.

Her face definitely has a much needed touch up, she looks so cute with both her ponytail and messy hairdo too.

Soul Calibur VI Screenshot 2019.08.05 - 13.35.47.87.png

Soul Calibur VI Screenshot 2019.08.05 - 13.38.12.67.png

I'm going to play her Soul Chronicle after I go grab a bite in a bit.

Man... after playing through Cassandra's Chronicle, I'm dying to see where SCVII takes the series.

Hopefully it comes at a reasonable time, like 2022 rather than 2025 or so. Now that the corporate drama has been resolved, I feel better now.
I think 2022 may be a reasonable release date since that would be perfect for a next gen release and would fall in line after a hypothetical season 3 in 2021.

Yeah, I hear you, some people I play online with only have a single choice and often it's high latency and slow connections too, especially for my friends that live in rural regions. I hope it gets better with the rollout of 5G and hope to see if that would improve online gaming with less connection and latency issues since it looks like the expansion of fiber optic lines has pretty much stopped. I can't believe how far behind we are compared to Asia and Europe.

Indeed. Nobody likes to hear it but this is the kind of infrastructure that we need to bring to every American imo. I feel like the government should step in as a lot of corporations won't bother because there isn't really enough economic incentive. And I don't mean build a line and hand it over to a company because you always have to pay them more to maintain the line than it costs them, I mean build a line and run it as a public utility. People who argue against the internet as a public utility will say it interferes with the free market. But the market is already not free. In most places ISP's have carved territories out into fiefdoms and there's already only one choice with no pricing regulations. Of course it's kind of a pipedream that the government would actually step in, looking at how the current administration has rolled back net neutrality and lobbyists and their money are everywhere.

I hope if Pinkie means Setsuka, she has something like her SCIV hair. Why can’t we have long ponytails? Mitsurugi’s is longer and limited to men? SCIII had a longer ponytail afaik.

Indeed. Nobody likes to hear it but this is the kind of infrastructure that we need to bring to every American imo. I feel like the government should step in as a lot of corporations won't bother because there isn't really enough economic incentive. And I don't mean build a line and hand it over to a company because you always have to pay them more to maintain the line than it costs them, I mean build a line and run it as a public utility. People who argue against the internet as a public utility will say it interferes with the free market. But the market is already not free. In most places ISP's have carved territories out into fiefdoms and there's already only one choice with no pricing regulations. Of course it's kind of a pipedream that the government would actually step in, looking at how the current administration has rolled back net neutrality and lobbyists and their money are everywhere.
Agreed, the internet has become extremely important for commerce, education, medical and government related business such as accessing records, paying taxes without flooding their local offices and more. I too agree that it should become a public utility and regulated as such because as you said, private ISP's practically have monopolies in entire regions. Just take 50 billion from our bloated Pentagon budget for just a year and that should be enough to lay millions of miles of fiber optic lines.

What the heck? I imagine I'll find out shortly, but some weirdness with Cassandra's Ancient in Libra of Soul:

Am I seeing double? I've never seen this error prompt, either...

wnEZvqD.jpg

Edit: Maybe just a weird glitch. The other one disappeared when I finished this one. When I moved to the tile, it had two instances, one at level 67, and one at level 80. The level 67 one is greyed out, and the level 80 one is the one I fought. It's bizarre.

Last edited:
Back