Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

So when do you guys think they will reveal the first DLC character of Season 2? My guess is either at Tokyo Game Show mid-September or the anniversary of SoulCalibur VI mid-October. It could be a while for the character to be released after it's revealed.

I'm guessing four months from now. I'm under the impression they do want Season 2 to get out there very quickly however.
Perhaps this time we wont be waiting forever for announcements either....
I'm dying to see the new stages and changes they'll do, its reliving to finally know its coming.

Umm...
So there's a new option in the Network settings screen, its to disable CAS characters?
I think... From what I can tell its to disable custom appearances while still allowing you to play with CAS?
My understanding is that it takes a custom edit of a main character and just shows their default COLOR 1 appearance instead, and it takes a custom character and just shows their default appearance, before you do anything to them (armored humans, clothed elves, naked lizardmen/shapeshifters, etc.).

I haven't used it yet, just curious if anyone else has? (That or I missed it in the past).
I doubt the option is doing what it actually seems to say though, it also mentions effects?
I haven't used it yet, since my understanding is everyone and their mother is using Cassandra right now, so I was staying off of ranked for the sake of sanity. But effects would be like, weapon effects, magic, blood spatter, anime/manga, etc. I wouldn't think it means all the lightning rainbow fireworks from literally everything, though an option for that would be nice.

Also on another note, is just me or is the game going way way faster than it was before or like something has changed with the inputs?
I can't quite tell, but something feels different, maybe not faster but different.
To me some animations are also looking very sped up too, I'm going to check on the different platforms later but I was just wondering if anyone noticed anything.
I didn't notice this, but I also haven't played the game in quite some time, not since Amy came out and the week that followed. It seemed pretty consistent from the gameplay we've seen in recent tournaments, though. I didn't feel anything different.

So when do you guys think they will reveal the first DLC character of Season 2? My guess is either at Tokyo Game Show mid-September or the anniversary of SoulCalibur VI mid-October. It could be a while for the character to be released after it's revealed.

But hey, maybe we get a glimpse of the character mid-September at Tokyo Game Show and have it be released mid-October for the anniversary of SoulCalibur VI. But my guess is that the character is revealed mid-October and released towards the end of the year.
Using Tekken 7 as an example, they revealed the season pass, and then a month later, they allowed it for purchase and expanded on it, so September is possible, so Tokyo Game Show seems appropriate for that. Because Haohmaru is the second character of four, it does seem like that first slot does need to be filled (by Hwang), and so allowing it to be purchased and revealing the first slot character, could be something they might do next month. We'll see. Reveal in September and launch in October would also be acceptable. It's still coming much sooner than I expected, at any rate.

I hope with s2 launch they'll introduce a new rank mode with only sc roster allowed, keep the CaS just no created characters.

But hey, maybe we get a glimpse of the character mid-September at Tokyo Game Show and have it be released mid-October for the anniversary of SoulCalibur VI. But my guess is that the character is revealed mid-October and released towards the end of the year.

Evo Jap max or if it's before during asia league, tgs is a possibility but I wouldn't put huge bets on this one tbh. Season 2 infos + first character reveal and SC world tour confirmation

Last edited:
Using Tekken 7 as an example, they revealed the season pass, and then a month later, they allowed it for purchase and expanded on it, so September is possible, so Tokyo Game Show seems appropriate for that. Because Haohmaru is the second character of four, it does seem like that first slot does need to be filled (by Hwang), and so allowing it to be purchased and revealing the first slot character, could be something they might do next month. We'll see. Reveal in September and launch in October would also be acceptable. It's still coming much sooner than I expected, at any rate.
Didn't Namco expressly say 2020, somewhere? I honestly would not get my hopes up for speedy releases and clearer communication.

I hope with s2 launch they'll introduce a new rank mode with only sc roster allowed, keep the CaS just no created characters.
Never gonna happen, Fox.

Didn't Namco expressly say 2020, somewhere? I honestly would not get my hopes up for speedy releases and clearer communication.

Didn't see any official info that says that so far.

I'm not that in hurry for release. Just would like to know some info, a window release for example.

Never gonna happen, Fox.

Heard that story before. If i'd put 1$ in my pocket each time I heard the "will never happen" thing I would be a millionaire by now lol

Last edited:
I’ve just watched the reveal again for Cassandra and season 2 and there are a lot of interesting things I picked up on but quickly forgot through the hype.

Okubo mentioned on stage “trust me, there was no leak. Ok”.
Which leads me to believe the 6 slots was a way of telling us to have hope and with continued support meant that we would get something.
He pretty much confirms this from his recent twitter post mentioning season 2 wouldn’t be possible without us fans.
And that if the game didn’t sell that would be it for the series.

So I think 4 characters is all we should be getting in season 2.

One thing that had/has me concerned is Harada’s banter, with is apology letter from “Mr. Ono”.
The reveal trailer for SC6 was bugging out a lot (although it was seamless for Tekken of course).

But Harada poking fun at it really does confirm whatever distain he seems to have for the SC series, team. (However little or large it might be).
I barely hear him talk about SC considering his new position at BN.

I mean we all have jobs and know what resentment can do in a work environment, especially when it’s publicised.

But it really goes to show us Soulcalibur fans are really, really dedicated to this game as much as the developers.
And that we do (however small) have a really power Community.

FOREVER CALIBUR!

Cassandra's Story was very interesting. but left me with questions.

So does this pretty much confirm that the original SC timeline from IV and V still exists and that VI is indeed an alternate timeline? And that Original Timeline (OT) Cass from IV could be the catalyst of the change when she warned her "past self" in VI?

After being warned, New Timeline (NT) Cass may do things differently in re to Sophie, the shard, and her kids. Which would cause the NT to diverge from the OT.

Umm...
So there's a new option in the Network settings screen, its to disable CAS characters?
I think... From what I can tell its to disable custom appearances while still allowing you to play with CAS?

I haven't used it yet, just curious if anyone else has? (That or I missed it in the past).
I doubt the option is doing what it actually seems to say though, it also mentions effects?

Also on another note, is just me or is the game going way way faster than it was before or like something has changed with the inputs?
I can't quite tell, but something feels different, maybe not faster but different.
To me some animations are also looking very sped up too, I'm going to check on the different platforms later but I was just wondering if anyone noticed anything.

maybe because you fixed your pc that its going faster ? you know like more FPS than what you were getting.

Soo does anyone have Cassandra's artwork in HQ?
latest

Do you guys think it's possible there could be a season 3? If there was, we might get a nearly complete set of styles from some of the later games.
If we can really smash season 2 in terms of sales, and keep the game's visibility up at tournaments/esports(?) and the like, I think its definitely possible. Season 2 was the result of support from the fan base; in theory that could certainly be repeated for a season 3.

But Harada poking fun at it really does confirm whatever distain he seems to have for the SC series, team. (However little or large it might be).
I barely hear him talk about SC considering his new position at BN.

Because it's not his baby. Also I'm of the opinion that Harada pushed for a season 2 now he's the boss of the fighting game division. This endless obsessive assumption of Harada trying to sabotage franchises is getting really old, if you want to blame someone blame the suits at Bandai Namco for having little to no faith due to the poor decisions of the past.

Back