Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

It's a variant of her CE. You need to do her CE when the lightning charges on her sword and shield.

Speaking of the lightning, does anyone know for sure how it charges/under what conditions you gain a charge?

Some of her moves triggers this new stance. I don't remember which ones at the moment, but it should say in her move list.

Has setsuka been mentioned or hinted at in the story modes or library entries in SC6? People seem deadset on Hwang and Lizardman due to the story presence but... they didn't even plan Season 2 ahead of time apparently!

Cassandra and Amy were intended to be DLC, while Hwang and Lizardman were not. So I think anybody can be DLC this time.

thanks guys in re to Cass's extended CE.

also, I'm really loving Cass's CAS parts! it's literally a gold mine of parts (both War Maiden and Sword Princess parts ) that I can use for several different CAS characters I have. And they go good with a variety of Weapon Styles, too.

I can finally create characters the I way I envisioned them. Too bad it only took almost a year since the game released.....haha.

It's a variant of her CE. You need to do her CE when the lightning charges on her sword and shield.

Speaking of the lightning, does anyone know for sure how it charges/under what conditions you gain a charge?

From what I can tell, her Soul Charge triggers Divine Force, as does her default Critical Edge. Certain moves also trigger Divine Force ( just look in the Moves List to see which moves trigger Divine Force ).

Those are actually pretty decent specs and actually pretty close to what I have considering the age of our PC's.

These are my specs for comparison.
i7 4790K stock clocks (4ghz)
16GB EVGA SuperSC DDR3 2400 RAM
Zotac GTX 980 Ti AMP Extreme
1080p TV

So I'm thinking the nature of the crashes could be the graphics driver or does these kind of crashes also occur with other programs such as your web browsers for example?

Try reinstalling the graphics driver first, that usually is the case about 80% of the time from my time helping folks at Tomshardware forums.

1.) Download this extremely helpful and vital driver cleaning tool https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

2.) Download the latest AMD driver for your graphics card

3.) Uninstall the drivers through the Device Manager of Windows

4.) Unpack both the uninstaller program and graphics driver, then reboot your PC in Safe Mode

5.) Once logged into Safe Mode, run the Display Driver Uninstaller program as that will perform a comprehensive driver cleaning as it removes all bits of previous drivers that the regular official driver install packages doesn't always remove

6.) Once done uninstalling the old driver with that program, reboot your PC normally

7.) Now you can install the latest driver you downloaded and it should be free from previous bits of previous drivers that are the main cause of the drivers acting wonky in the first place if you have never done a comprehensive driver cleaning.

It's actually highly recommended that when you install a newer version of the graphics driver, you always perform a comprehensive driver cleaning to remove the bits and pieces left of previous drivers you have installed.

You can also stress test your PC overnight with the following programs to test the individual components of your PC.

For stress testing your CPU, use this program.

To stress test your GPU, use this program to see if the GPU (I assume running stock clocks) is performing as it should.

You can check the integrity of your RAM and let this helpful program run overnight so that it thoroughly test your RAM for any errors and such.

If your RAM is good, then you can try moving or better yet, downloading and installing the game on another HDD but a SSD is better if you have a spare one you can install the game on. Also note that if you are already using an SSD for Windows and the game is installed, make sure to have at least 25% free space at all times, it helps keep the SSD operating optimally. The same applies the HDD as well, so if your main HDD is full, move the game onto another HDD or better yet, reinstall it onto that different HDD/SSD. Your PSU could also be affecting your PC if you haven't upgraded your current PSU when you put that GPU in. This is especially crucial if your PSU is the no name cheapo unit that shipped with your PC.

One last thing, heat is a killer and dust inside your PC components are a main source of failures because they both trap heat and can also conduct static electricity to short out components of a board. So if your PC hasn't been cleaned in months, I would highly recommend buying a can or two of PC compressed air to safely clean out any dust/debris that could be causing your components to overheat/malfunction.

Your PC is still actually decent to upgrade, just buy a used i7 4790k, used GTX 980 Ti and maybe a 16GB RAM kit if your current RAM is not working good or at least make sure you buy another 8GB kit with the same clocks and latency to keep it running optimal. But if you feel you still want a new PC, I can help you assemble one with gaming in mind depending on your budget and I would always recommend brand name instead of cheapo no name that fails often.

Hey, very sorry about getting back to you late!
I appreciate the help so much since I get confused with a lot of technical things like this!
Anyway I took the time to do the process you gave me!

I'll have to test later how it actually runs with a game, but so far I'd say I already think I've noticed a difference? It seems smoother to me.
As for the crashing, I did get the crashing whilst browsing things like the internet but they came across very differently.

In game the computer would just freeze up without end if it was a serious crash and then of course there was the CTD crashes too.
When browsing the internet and fairly mundane tasks the computer would blue screen crash, however I could never find a reason why for this crash, awkwardly it only ever happens with internet from what I remember and its very inconsistent if it does happen, could never happen for a whole 4 months then suddenly occur.

Regardless thank you so much for the advice! I appreciate it lots!

I'll take a look at some of the other software you've linked me for examining the computer! I'll try to get to you through a message for any help with the computer parts I plan on getting in the future, which could be a bit probably around September.
I've never witnessed someone so outright helpful, it means a lot to me! Thank you yet again! I can't repeat it enough, its very useful information too!

EDIT: I think you completely eliminated my in game crashes. I managed to get at least 30 minutes in game on medium settings.
In that time no crashes at all. I am very happy!

Last edited:

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but...

Pretty incredible, right?

As Marginal in the discord said, the context of support is

Sales aka physical and digital copies sold
DLC, both individual and season passes
the competitive SCVI community rallying behind the game

People will disagree with me, but I think we need to really push the game. Yes we don't know what the season pass will contain but I want more than Season 2. I want at least a Season 3 and the only way to get that is to buy the Season 2 pass or its DLC in a large enough order that they will recognize this.

Blind Season Passes aren't ideal but they exist to keep speculation going from release to release (unless they are leaked)

I thought you said a few weeks ago that the codenames were removed?
I don't remember saying that. Maybe I said something along lines that nothing has changed about them, which has been the case for a very long time. I did stumble upon some other files they were referenced in March, but that was a minor thing and I can't remember if those files existed since December or were added around March.

Has setsuka been mentioned or hinted at in the story modes or library entries in SC6? People seem deadset on Hwang and Lizardman due to the story presence but... they didn't even plan Season 2 ahead of time apparently!

Cassandra and Amy were intended to be DLC, while Hwang and Lizardman were not. So I think anybody can be DLC this time.
Setsuka has, by far, the least mention of any character, but she does have one reference, though it’s been a while, I don’t remember which one, she’s in a museum entry or a combat lesson. Not her own entry, just a random reference.

As for them planning season two ahead of time or not, that depends on if you believe PR and marketing. The six code names stealth leak certainly tells me someone was planning season two.

Hwang and Aeon, I argue, were planned for base game, not DLC, same as Tira. But since they didn’t make base game, and it’s probable the marketing team didn’t see them as viable DLC, but they did for Tira, what happened happened. Lesser Lizardman is the partially finished moveset for Aeon, and the blatant exclusion of Hwang from combat is extremely telling. They put Han-myeong in a combat section using Mitsurugi’s style, and could easily have done the same for Hwang, yet chose not to. These two still have highest priority, in my opinion.

in the character compendium in museum mode I'm 36/37.

Anyone wanna help me out and tell me who the last person is? Is there someone hidden away in Libra of Souls that I missed?
You’d have to list who you do have, and then I could help. I have 100% museum unlocked, so I could definitely tell you if you tell me who you’re missing if I know who you do have. Unless you’ve not played Cassandra’s Soul Chronicle yet, there’s a new one from there.

If they’re not going to give us Aeon, at least build on his style and make it CaS-only. I can’t have a manly sword and board dude copying the Alexandra sisters.
To be fair, though, Cassandra’s style is mostly not as feminine, and is a far more worthy holdover until we get either Aeon or a style for him. I changed my Hyle from SoulCalibur III over to Cassandra’s style, and especially for the Divine Force stuff being similar to Abelia, and the aggressiveness in general, it feels a lot more masculine. There’s still a few questionable animations, don’t get me wrong, but it’s a marked improvement over Sophitia, and the aggression is certainly befitting for Aeon.

You know, he could be "Yell". "YEAH!"
Yell is still the weirdest one of the codenames. There just isn’t anyone’s name that means that, while all the rest meet the same quota. Haohmaru means “conqueror” or “supreme” or “king”, and that’s not any of the names. So we have three people who yell, in Li Long, Hilde, and Haohmaru. I don’t get it.

You’d have to list who you do have, and then I could help. I have 100% museum unlocked, so I could definitely tell you if you tell me who you’re missing if I know who you do have. Unless you’ve not played Cassandra’s Soul Chronicle yet, there’s a new one from there.

Here goes:
Amy, Edge Master, Orzal, Curtis, Cassandra, Kyam, Kong, Xiangfei, Xianglian, Li Long, HanMeyong, Hwang, Frederick, Hephestus
Vercci, Meimei, Yagaji, Lyla, Lizardmen, LIngyu, Rothion, The Hero King, The Knight King, Ker/Agent of Death, Palgaea,Sorceress
Kunpatku, Cheolhwan, Toki, Valtro, Daniel, Dion, Natalie, 9S, Pod, Lucius

@Dissidia — You’re missing Yun-seong, who gets a passing mention by Seong Mi-na in Libra of Soul. You must have missed one of her quests. Particularly, it’s the second part of “Mi-na’s Machinations”, where you square off against her and members of Seong Dojang.

best to leave him out of my compendium then! Just kidding! I swear I kept trying to go to korea to find her, hwang and yun seong.

8 hours left before i can try Cassandra.

About Yell what if it's gonna be brand new character? maybe that rumoured black woman? Hummm

Umm...
So there's a new option in the Network settings screen, its to disable CAS characters?
I think... From what I can tell its to disable custom appearances while still allowing you to play with CAS?

I haven't used it yet, just curious if anyone else has? (That or I missed it in the past).
I doubt the option is doing what it actually seems to say though, it also mentions effects?

Also on another note, is just me or is the game going way way faster than it was before or like something has changed with the inputs?
I can't quite tell, but something feels different, maybe not faster but different.
To me some animations are also looking very sped up too, I'm going to check on the different platforms later but I was just wondering if anyone noticed anything.

So when do you guys think they will reveal the first DLC character of Season 2? My guess is either at Tokyo Game Show mid-September or the anniversary of SoulCalibur VI mid-October. It could be a while for the character to be released after it's revealed.

But hey, maybe we get a glimpse of the character mid-September at Tokyo Game Show and have it be released mid-October for the anniversary of SoulCalibur VI. But my guess is that the character is revealed mid-October and released towards the end of the year.

Back