Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

New official art:

eq1g98dfqre31.jpg
I dig where this seems headed.

I was surprised that in-game Cass looks like she has blue eyes and I thought to myself - was it always like that and I just imagined that nice green colour?
Turns out it's just the lighting/rendering makes it look brighter. Similar to how extracted Talim model looks darker than in-game one

Have there been any official screenshots of Cassandra like we have had in the past or are they skipping out on them due to releasing Cassandra shortly after the reveal trailer? Usually there are a ton but so far I've only seen roughly four, just wondering if there are anymore.

Have there been any official screenshots of Cassandra like we have had in the past or are they skipping out on them due to releasing Cassandra shortly after the reveal trailer? Usually there are a ton but so far I've only seen roughly four, just wondering if there are anymore.
Check the Cassandra -Soulcalibur VI- page on Facebook

―It was announced that Season 2 will be held, but how did you decide?

Okubo P
: We have been excited by our users so far, and we must be able to produce content that satisfies our needs. In the midst of various requests, there have been many calls for expanding DLC to Season 2.

Okubo P: It took more than 6 years to release “VI” after “SOULCALIBUR V”, and enjoying this title with users for as long as possible is also the goal of Project Seoul. We also wanted to add more characters and character creation parts.

When will Season 2 start?

Okubo P:
First, we will deliver Cassandra, the last DLC character of the first season, on August 5th, but we will continue to work hard after that.
Okubo P
: The start of season 2 is the same as the delivery of season pass 2. At that time, in addition to paid DLC, various game functions will be added / improved. It will take some time to start Season 2, but please be patient.

Tell us about the new battle system.

Master Ms. Takahashi:
New skills will be added to almost all characters, so I think that everyone who has played so far can enjoy it with a fresh feeling. We also want to add another gauge technique as a new use of Soul Gauge to add further changes and strategies.

Master Ms. Takahashi: Overall, we will ensure that the skills and knowledge of players who have improved during Season 1 are also used in Season 2.
The reversal edge is the core of the “SC6” battle, so it will not be deleted, but I would like to correct the tempo.

―One of the guest characters participating in season 2 has announced the "SAMURAI SPIRITS" Haomaru, how did you decide?

Okubo P
: This was discussed for a long time in Project Soul. Geralt and 2B are not characters from fighting games, so this time I wanted to add characters of similar genres.
Haomaru is a representative character of a fighting game with weapons (swords), and I was convinced that the latest “SAMURAI SPIRITS” would be popular among fighting game users. So I consulted with SNK and was willing to accept our offer.

―Actually, it seemed to have a considerable synergistic effect.

Okubo P
: Actually, our development members were also in the “SAMURAI SPIRITS” category of EVO. It is a policy to refrain from participating in the company's content as a project, but I think that the content of other companies is OK.

Master Takahashi: I thought this might be a hint ...

―How many contents are included in Season Pass 2?

Okubo P
: 4 paid DLCs with 4 characters and 4 creation parts sets. Deliver one character DLC and one creation parts set DLC at the same timing and deliver it in four parts.

By the way, Haomaru will be the second delivery timing. As was the case with the announcement of 2B, the guest characters don't want to wait so much from the announcement, so we set the timing as soon as possible and to improve the quality.)

―Is the character of the past work that will be delivered first in Season Pass 2?

Okubo P
: That's right. I think it will be a resurrection character.

―You said you added a new stage earlier?

Master Takahashi
: I would like to add a stage dedicated to the guest character Haomaru. I also want to add a new stage with the free update, but details on how much can be added are currently under development, so I'll tell you as soon as I understand.

Some of these stages can be confirmed in the PV we announced, but they are just a modification of the existing stage. I want to add as many as possible, including a completely new concept stage.

―Please tell us about Cassandra's battle style delivered in the 6th DLC.

Master Takahashi:
Standard and easy to use, unlike the older sister Sophia, it is a power-type character specializing in short-distance battles.

Master Takahashi: As a point of differentiation from Sophia, Cassandra uses shields as weapons. You can scold or throw it away, but it's not the original usage, so there is a demerit in terms of defense.
Another great feature is that lightning and tornadoes can be caused by temporarily releasing the power of God's armor. This gives you a flashy and powerful way of fighting, so please research a lot. (Abelia 2.0 Kappa)

They will do another interview on August 9th, there will be a talk about season 2 and how to use Cassandra.

So new information is that we will only be getting one character at a time, I was really hoping for twin releases like Tekken, but if each character comes with a full customization pack, instead of just the freebies, then that’s a nice compromise.

So Hwang is definitely first, I would think. Maybe Setsuka, but I really think it’s time for the men to shine. The women have had their moment in the spotlight, so having Hwang and then Haohmaru gives a great balance. Plus, it gives them more time to work on Jyurakudai Villa, if we only get one stage extra aside from Haohmaru. Though I of course still want Seong Dojang and Secret Money Pit.

The only other question I would have asked, really, is when we are getting the rest of the music DLC. I want to know whether we are finally getting Through the Jaws of Death and Dance of the Oracle for battle music!!

I don't remember Setsuka being dead.. Gah, i'm really hoping we get her first. I mean she's the most popular character who's currently missing from SCVI.
But even if she's the last character to be released, i'll still be grateful to be getting her at all.

I don't remember Setsuka being dead.. Gah, i'm really hoping we get her first. I mean she's the most popular character who's currently missing from SCVI.
But even if she's the last character to be released, i'll still be grateful to be getting her at all.
It's most assuredly a translation flop, though. That entire interview reeks of Google Translate. It certainly meant a returning veteran, not literally bringing someone back from the dead. Setsuka hasn't been dead, she's barely been in the story enough to even risk death. Unless you count Patroklos learning her style and leaving her at home with the kids as "dead". Assuming the colors mean anything, though, Hwang (yellow) being first and Setsuka (pink, cherry blossoms) being third are pretty much guarantees. The grey is the mystery, and I really don't believe it's Hilde. It could be Rock or Aeon. Rock makes more sense, for the color theory, but Aeon makes more sense, for who actually belongs and needs better representation.

Back