Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

5.Valentine Mansion
If she have a mansion in Japan maybe I put on my list..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They always skip Valentine Mansion in one game: SC 1|SC 2|SC 3|SC 4|SC 5|SC 6| She'll have to wait for SC 7, sorry.

Last edited:
I think it's about time we get some fresh blood in the series. This entry only contains content up to and slightly into the original SCII timeline. I know, Cassandra's story confirms things could change A LOT and allow for characters like Hilde and Algol to get introduced earlier. However, I think that regurgitating all these legacy characters is not the best thing for this entry. There's a reason Hwang and Li Long haven't had a proper appearance outside of SCIII:AE since Soulcalibur. Can you imagine people who picked up SCVI this weekend getting excited about either of them? I can't. Azwel and Groh aren't great characters but their fighting styles are at the very least interesting and somewhat nuanced, and they definitely are attractive mains for newcomers.

As much as we and even maybe some of the team might want to have Hwang, Li Long, Rock, S+S Lizardman, etc., they also have to release characters that will be profitable.

Off the topic of S2, my first impressions of Cassandra are mostly positive. She has some really great moves but I find she lacks the fluidity SCVI Sophitia and previous Cassandras had. She hits much harder, which is nice, but I find myself having to fight the urge to play her like it's SCIV. She's definitely fun to play with but I found myself getting bored with her today. Cass mirror matches are probably to blame.

5.Valentine Mansion
I'd love to see a Valentine Mansion based on the SCIII design make a return. The SCII and SCV Mansions were good, but both of them didn't seem like they were part of an actual home (namely, the library in SCII just have a giant dropoff with no detailing of rooms in the background and SCV having such a fantastical take on Ivy's manse).

We need to ask for more than one stage, not only because we need them but we will never get the opportunity again for more SamSho stages after Haohmaru is released. For those on Twitter keep asking Okubo if he can make it happen. I personally would love to see at max three SamSho stages.
LOL, that's good, because you're getting one.

On another topic, anyone else feel like they need to extend the CaS capacity by at least fifty slots if they are going to be doing multiple season passes? I need the space for new characters: I've already cut the wheat from the chaff by ditching a handful of redundancy/variant projects. Don't make me delete my babies, Namco.

Last edited:
Hoping the stage will be Valentine Mansion and Money's Pit, they can also consider making them unique in term of gameplay and competitive. Money's Pit would also fit well as transition stage. Valentine Mansion have seen many designs since SC1, wonder what's gonna their vision for it this time in case it will return (and i F**** hope it will)

And i'm not sure which one is Hao Maru stage, but there is stage that really looks sick in the game and i can see this stage being his (it also look like the place of final fight in Sekiro)

Would also be so great if Setsuka will come with her stage. But dunno so far all we know is season pass 2 will have a stage for Hao Maru. But he seems to be willing to add more stages, seems promising at least.
It's probably going to be this stage for Haohmaru.

EDIT:
It MUST be this one!
a.gif

Hahaha! Kayane is always great at squeezing secret/confidential info out of Okubo-San w/ interviews. Remember the classic 2B question that Okubo was super hesitant on answering? xD

Last edited:
Okay am I the only one who LOVES Lucius?
I think it be great to have the brother to the sisters be part of the roster at some point in time. Hopefully not a sword and shield user and some new but I really think he's great! We haven't got much of a laid back male character nor one who seems quite young.
pDF9dNM.jpg

Also you guys missed the codename in the datamine "BREAD".
I can't believe you guys missed it.

I hope after we get the old characters back we can get Lucius, I think he'd be a great addition.

maybe because you fixed your pc that its going faster ? you know like more FPS than what you were getting.

Yeah, that seems very likely be what has happened.
Perhaps my FPS would occasionally dip a bit originally whereas now its even more consistent thanks to @Spartan_363 !
Also no crashes. Xbox is is brain dead atm and I can't check on there how it is on there, but I'm going to see all of them in case it changed on there too just in case!
However at least now I can play on PC now when the consoles are acting up! I'm still overjoyed by it!

There's a lot of the typical "please wait for more info" answers we've seen in almost every interview, which I expected lol. This part is kinda interesting though:

So it seems there might be a brand new character in S2. Maybe we'll get a new female character, since all of the newcomers were male in the base game.

tbh it would be nice to have a brand new SC character, my vote for a new weapon goes to the Sai and because the weapon was used as first in India, China Vietnam, Thailand and some other countries maybe the character holding them would have to be from there? dont know if it would fit SC world and story line tho.

sai.jpg

I think it's about time we get some fresh blood in the series. This entry only contains content up to and slightly into the original SCII timeline. I know, Cassandra's story confirms things could change A LOT and allow for characters like Hilde and Algol to get introduced earlier. However, I think that regurgitating all these legacy characters is not the best thing for this entry. There's a reason Hwang and Li Long haven't had a proper appearance outside of SCIII:AE since Soulcalibur. Can you imagine people who picked up SCVI this weekend getting excited about either of them? I can't. Azwel and Groh aren't great characters but their fighting styles are at the very least interesting and somewhat nuanced, and they definitely are attractive mains for newcomers.

As much as we and even maybe some of the team might want to have Hwang, Li Long, Rock, S+S Lizardman, etc., they also have to release characters that will be profitable.
Hwang received more votes in the official poll than Hilde and Astaroth despite a very long absence from the series. That alone, brings in a potential to try to "resurrect" his character into the series. The Korean swordsman fighting style is also well beloved in the series by the way so yes, people will be excited for him. That style is practically the Hwoarang of the SoulCalibur series. Granted though, he isn't a waifu so there's that (waifus sell A LOT).

I can't say the same about Grøh but Azwel has received a lot of positive feedback. His character has generated so many memes and likes from people from what I have seen and he's also been one of the most used characters during EVO.

But I do agree, I think it would be great to see new characters added into the game. I don't think we'll be seeing new characters in Season 2 but I think it's very likely that we see one in place of a guest character in a possible Season 3 if Season 2 does really well. Going by what we saw in Tekken 7, it doesn't look like they will have another guest character for the new season since they would have announce it early like Negan or labeled the lineup with "New Guest Character" the same way SoulCalibur did for Haohmaru. Rather, they introduced a new character in Leroy Smith instead.

I still want to see a character with a three-section staff...

I wouldn't be opposed to getting Lucius in a future game.

But,
only in a game where ALL the classic fan faves are in and if he has a unique weapon and style.

Not sure if anyone caught this or not, but I'm sharing it anyways. It's Kayane's interview with Okubo. What's really interesting is that he heavily implies the possibility that one of the four is a brand new character.

Kayane : Thank you Okubo-san and Takahashi-san for your time ! As usual, I have some tricky questions to ask you ! I’m sure you didn’t miss them ! 🙂
Can you tell me more about the Season Pass 2 and what it will include ?
Motohiro Okubo : Season Pass n°2 includes four characters and four character creation parts, so it’s going to be a total of 8 DLCs.
Kayane : I understand better ! Four characters and one is Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown !
M.O. : Haohmaru, yes.
K. : And three legacy characters.
M.O. : Maybe ?
K. : Or maybe a new one ?
M.O. : long pause, hesitant You’ll see ! Please wait !
Thoughts?

Not sure if anyone caught this or not, but I'm sharing it anyways. It's Kayane's interview with Okubo. What's really interesting is that he heavily implies the possibility that one of the four is a brand new character.

Thoughts?
You should read the last few pages. Thoughts were posted.
I can't read it, the site won't connect.
I also tried to go on the home page of her site, but Malwarebytes is telling me there's a trojan :(

Back