Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Never said it was likely, in fact I think the chances are very slim and improbable. Just pointed it as a hopeful possibility.
Well, in that respect, count me amongst the hopeful that he gets in at some point; he's been absent for far to long for my taste. :)

Rock is an example of a character whose weapon changed. Hwang and Aeon are examples of characters whose weapon AND moveset changed. Seong Mi-na, Amy, and Cassandra are examples of characters whose moveset was reworked in SoulCalibur VI. It's not uncommon to change up a character.
True, but in this instance we're talking about a complete redesign rather than the usual run-of-the-mill evolution by iteration: pretty much every character got a substantial reworking for SCVI, but they all kept their classic weapons and the large majority of their moveset, despite some tweaks; changing Li Long from nunchaku to another weapon entirely would require a completely new move set, and that has only ever been done once before in the series, with Lizardman's transition to his SCV/Aeon moveset. And with the SCV roster changes being widely regarded as perhaps the biggest collective design blunder in the history of the franchise, I don't think they are looking to take a page from that debacle any time soon.

On the other hand, it's worth noting that Li Long has gone through one transition already that is considerably more substantial than most characters get: he went from one set of nunchaku to two. But he was in a unique position (unique at that point in time anyway) of being a main roster character who was returning after two games away, and two games after another character (Maxi) had essentially filled his original role, utilizing nearly identical moves and mechanics. I do think that he if he returns (fingers crossed) we'll be looking at unpdated and more fleshed-out version of his SCIII:AE moveset. Which would suit me just fine.

By the way, my apologies for not noticing your parenthetical there about where the three-section-staff interest comes from, even though it was part of the post I quoted: that goes a long way to explaining why people associate Li Long with this weapon, which was always a source of confusion to me.

Yeah my country's parliament is retarded, loads of Bruce Lee films were censored and even kids shows like Teenage Mutant "Hero" Turtles got censored. The ban got lifted around the turn of the millennia.
Actually, that's the funny thing: I was in the UK at least part of the time that SE was still in arcades, and I can't recall seeing that; but then it's a small detail and its been a long time, so maybe I just have no memory of it. Or was the three-section-staff part of the UK PS1 release?

In any event, having lived in those years between the US and UK, I can assure that particularly weird moral panic about nunchuks was actually live on both sides of the Atlantic: many U.S. states outlawed them as well (though I don't recall there being much censorship regarding them state-side), even though they were no more dangerous than any of a thousand other weapons that remained perfectly legal--indeed, if anything, a nunchaku is a difficult-to-utilize weapon that is more dangerous to the untrained wielder than it is to anybody else. But the nineties were a weird time when it came to such things.

Last edited:
damn that was tight. ggs skyll

now time for reveals...

1572753311315.png

Back