Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I have hope Hwang will come. Even then if we get Yunseong that would settle me. But if we don't get either i jump out the window. I also have strong faith we'll get Setsuka. I'm happy to have Hilde for sure since she was my third choice after Hwang and Setsuka but i'm just worried about getting a dao user the most.

HOLY MOLY
Hilde2.jpg

hwang-soulcalibur6-story-portrait-artwork-by-hiroaki.png
1) It's dark blue & purple. The color of the 4th character is a mixture of dark blue, grey, and :sc5zwe1:-ish purple.

2) We only know what the upper part of his model/design looks like. His pants can be dark grey with a touch of blue-ish purple. It can literally be anything. The redesigns of all SC1 costumes had a twist, there's no reason for Hwang to have the exact same costume he had in SC1.

I feel like over-speculation is fun but useless lol. He can be rocking a brand new costume different to even his story mode design. It can literally be anything.

I feel the same lol. Glad to not be the only one wanting to speculate (although I really understand why some people don’t anymore).

Also, the grey slot will really be a mystery. I don’t want to give Hwang fans (like me) false hope. But, like @Soul mentioned, Hwang or someone else could be redesigned and have prominent grey in their outfit.

If Hwang is introduced, I feel as though his assassin/ninja look will be brought out more, especially since his model would be made from scratch (?).

With this, he could be using darker colors. In particular, I have been thinking about arm guards and leg guards (Silver) - not unlike two of Assassin’s alt costumes. Please forgive my wild guesses and this wall of text.

*Edit: Beserker ( Rock’s replacement) also wears armor. It could be a bonus character = armor = not important situation. Trying to avoid false hope while giving some lol

1572887165741.jpeg

1572887282050.jpeg

At this moment everything may happen and I wouldn't even be surprised if they brought back Viola for the fourth slot lol

Ohh @Heniek you beat me to it : ). I thought about this earlier today. I legitimately think she has a chance. I thought her story would prevent her appearing. But, I’m sure PS could come up with something if they feel she is too popular to be left out. Also, does she absolutely need a story •_•? Yes...I asked myself this lol. Still, I like Viola. Its just that I need Hwang lol : )

Ohh @Heniek you beat me to it : ). I thought about this earlier today. I legitimately think she has a chance. I thought her story would prevent her appearing. But, I’m sure PS could come up with something if they feel she is too popular to be left out. Also, does she absolutely need a story •_•. Yes...I asked myself this lol. Still, I like Viola. Its just that I need Hwang lol : )
It's something I was openly stating from the start - they could add any character they wanted, even Optimus Prime and explain it story-wise. That doesn't mean that would be a good idea from lore perspective but the truth of the matter is - she is darn popular and as much as I would preffer Hwang, Rock or Li-Long to return she does have a decent chance right now.

Repost that possibly got lost in Invitational excitement messages. If you ignored it then, please do now lol.

I do have a question about an opposing theory too. So, some people (Like me sometimes lol) say that

+ Hilde

+ Yun-Seong

+ Setsuka

Are the 3 returning veterans in this season pass. I understand why this could be. But, also, I can’t help but think this creates a problem (possibly). If these 3 return, what popular character would be left to represent a season 3, if it were to occur?

Hwang is arguably as popular as Hilde (possibly?). But, him alone and a guest don’t seem like enough to promote a new season, even with his possible new moveset.

Would a character like Viola be looked to due to her popularity? It does seem too early for her to return, although I think her moveset is cool.

As much as I would like Rock, Li Long, Hwang, and Lizardman to return, I feel as though they would require a significant amount of reworking/redesign. This would likely make implementing them slightly more expensive/risky.

___
OH my God!!!! She always looks so great in the official art.
Edit: I just realized I think she has partially braided hair; that's why we couldn't figure out if it was short or long.
They definitely gave her the Game of Thrones elaborate washerwoman updo treatment

On a similar note, is anyone else sick of them giving us hairstyles with bangs? The majority of the cast has some kind of fringe in their face. I get that their hair models can sometimes look like hard front wigs but come ON we need some more long hair without a thatch of bangs covering half the face.

On a similar note, is anyone else sick of them giving us hairstyles with bangs? The majority of the cast has some kind of fringe in their face. I get that their hair models can sometimes look like hard front wigs but come ON we need some more long hair without a thatch of bangs covering half the face.

Preach, sista. Project Soul has obviously never heard of lace front wigs. They design seemingly all the wigs -- err, hairstyles -- to have giant fringe to cover low-quality cap construction. 🤣
I think some characters or character designs are more flattering with the hair away from the face; it'd be nice to see that more often.

To people complaining about boob plate. People wore giant crotch pieces back then to represent giant crotches. The did this to represent their sexual prowess, the men thought it was sexy.

If women in armor was normal back then instead of stupidly rare, and if they thought adding boobs enhanced the female sexuality and women warriors thought it made them sexier and they could afford it, you can bet your ass wealthier women would have boob plate for the eact same reason stupid sized cod pieces existed.

Now women warriors were rare, and they didn't have modern sexual tastes, so... yeah...

Boob plate is not bad for the reasons people insist though. The shape makes negligible difference to survival, and there are many examples of armor designed to enhance sexuality despite being entirely absurd and helpful in no way.

Were armor made with modern aesthetics boob plate would exist. In fact it does exist for that very reason.

My suspicion is that the "broken" version of her hair is gonna resemble the SCIV 1p hair she had; the length seems similar.

Back