Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I was mostly surprised that the question maker remembered Aeneas:

latest

And it’s very weird that they ship him with Sophitia and might think he’s a lizard person.
Maybe an alt Patroklos who uses a lance and shield might be cool. I dunno. But he’d probably hate Kunpateku more than Tira for turning his new dad into an overgrown cat toy. Seriously, my cats love bringing them into the house. Thank Florida for that.

Lucius please.
Putting aside for a the moment my confusion as to where Lucius' instant groundswell popularity has come from, if he was to be given a moveset based on any SCIII legacy style, wouldn't it make much more sense for him to get Abelia's vibe? I mean, from what we've seen of the Alexandra clan, they train pretty exclusively with a certain subset of weapons ('the Athenian style' in Soulcalibur parlance), and as Soulcalibur weapons go, the "lance" style is almost on the opposite end of the spectrum in terms of play style: extreme range vs. short to moderate range; a turtle style vs. an all-around with a slight counter-attacker bent; heavy hitting and keep away vs. complex mix-up potential.

Plus, let's face it, the lance (or more specifically, the jouster's lance) used by Giradot is just silly: it looks awkward in form and even more cumbersome in movement; it's a weapon form designed and weighted to be used from horseback and with a very particular kind of uni-drectional inertia and looks ridiculous utilized as a a non-mounted melee weapon. Whereas Abelia's moveset: -chef's air kiss gesture- poetry in motion. As I said, I don't really understand where Lucius' instantly intense popularity comes from, but if having him in paved the way for Abelia's moveset to return in some form, I'd be all for it. But a scrawny little thing, surely giving him the lance would only further emphasize how weird that weapon is to begin with and how odd it would be for him to be rocking a style so distant from that employed by the rest of his family?

Yeah, the more I think about, Abelia's moveset as a base with some Patroklos and Pyrrha moves mixed in to flesh out what was only a half-style in SCIII:CE would be pretty damn cool.

Last edited:
Lucius and Leixin are not fighters, so I would say Natalie has more chances than them, but let's support Dante for our friendship.. Kappa
Yeah, that's what confuses me about the strong calls for him to be included as a fighter. I mean, he's little more than a name dropped into a bio pre-SCVI, right? Or am I forgetting something? And in SCVI he's pretty clearly a non-combatant, and a little twig of a thing at that. Or is he a practice partner in Cassie's Soul Chronicle? I only remember Rothion? I mean, in general, it seems like the Alexandran men are not the fighters that the women are, which is kind of an entertaining little flip on the stereotype. Lucius' contributions to date seem to be providing tasty bread to the training sessions. So all around I just don't understand what the selling point is for him--I can only assume that for some it is his bishonen-anime design and for others its just that anybody who gets a certain amount of face time in the plot automatically gets upgraded into someone deserving of a style. But even then, the degree of support he gets seems to be almost inexplicable to me.

Anyway, at the risk of sounding like a broken record: I'm 100% in support if meant getting an Abelia++/Pyrrha/Patty pastiche in a future game. A Giradot clone...not so much.

Some people want a masculine S&S user, so Lucius could inherit that from Patroklos, he apparently has a unique design different from Rothion. But people forget that our friend Patroklos learned to fight with other people, since he isn't guided by his mother. Lucius don't know how to fight, but he taught Patroklos his bakery skills. I believe that Lucius only cares about bread.. :sc5pat1:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like if the SC 3 Shopkeepers girls returned as NPC in the next game, I like them, but to be honest none of them don't have much to add in the story. Arthur, Miser and Revenant on the other hand, I would like them in main line. Greed was excluded for 2 reasons:
1. Mitsurugi kills him.
2. I prefer Natsu. :sc5nat1:
As for the characters in the Chronicles of the Sword, it would be asking too much for a spin-off of that verse Ms./Mr. Bandai Namco??

RustedBlade thinks the Girardot style is silly, hmm anyway, I want Wilhelm stole his moves and I don't want to be judged for that.. Kappa

Last edited:
The Dancer-class moveset is literally a breath away from being a great stance-based style. I wish they updated that with a new neutral stance, I’m so sick of Talim 😔

Some people want a masculine S&S user, so Lucius could inherit that from Patroklos, he apparently has a unique design different from Rothion. But people forget that our friend Patroklos learned to fight with other people, since he isn't guided by his mother. Lucius don't know how to fight, but he taught Patroklos his bakery skills. I believe that Lucius only cares about bread.. :sc5pat1:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like if the SC 3 Shopkeepers girls returned as NPC in the next game, I like them, but to be honest none of them don't have much to add in the story. Arthur, Miser and Revenant on the other hand, I would like them in main line. Greed was excluded for 2 reasons:
1. Mitsurugi kills him.
2. I prefer Natsu. :sc5nat1:
As for the characters in the Chronicles of the Sword, it would be asking too much for a spin-off of that verse Ms./Mr. Bandai Namco??

RustedBlade thinks the Girardot style is silly, hmm anyway, I want Wilhelm stole his moves and I don't want to be judged for that.. Kappa
For my part, this is the order of priority I would give to any SCIII:CE quasi styles being re-added as full movesets--this would of course presume Amy, Hwang, and Li long already being in the given entry:

First tier: ArthurValeriaAbelia
Second tier: GreedStrifeLunaChester
Third tier: AureliaMiserGiradotHualinRevenantDemuthLynette

The Dancer-class moveset is literally a breath away from being a great stance-based style. I wish they updated that with a new neutral stance, I’m so sick of Talim 😔
I think you mean the tambourine moveset. The way it works in SCIII is that the CaS classes each of have five movesets that they can switch between, but a specific moveset/command list is linked to a specific weapon type. So, for example, the "dancer" can use the tambourines, steel fan, grieve edge, Xiangua's jian style, and Voldo's katar style. But it sounds to me that you were specifically discussing the tambourine moveset, not the dancer class.

Last edited:
First tier: ArthurValeriaAbelia
Second tier: GreedStrifeLunaChester
Third tier: AureliaMiserGiradotHualinRevenantDemuthLynette
I was referring to the characters. so Revenant, Miser and Arthur would be playable, the maids returned as NPC and the characters in the chronicles would continue in their universe in a possible spin-off. But if I were to choose taking into account the styles that I like I would be:
  1. Revenant, Chester, Valeria & Girardot.
  2. Demuth, Lynette & Miser.
  3. Abelia, Greed & Arthur.
  4. Hualin, Strife & Luna.

Y’all seem to be forgetting the fact that neither Sophitia nor Cassandra knew how to fight prior to picking up holy weaponry that literally fights for them.
This is true. If the gods blessed Lucius’s bread with the style of a proud spear, it would be so. :sc5pat1:

And that’s what I’d see for Lucius, not a lance, but a hoplite spear and shield type deal.

Y’all seem to be forgetting the fact that neither Sophitia nor Cassandra knew how to fight prior to picking up holy weaponry that literally fights for them.

Sophitia was formally trained by Hephaestus.

Cassandra not. She is a brawler and goes by pure fighting instincts.

is modding character outfits cause for being banned? I am not really sure if I want to try it but I am dying to implement some old outfits into this game, I saw an elysium ported outfit for sophitia and I want it!!!!

is modding character outfits cause for being banned? I am not really sure if I want to try it but I am dying to implement some old outfits into this game, I saw an elysium ported outfit for sophitia and I want it!!!!
Any custom content you mod into the game is only going to be visible by you, since the data doesn’t exist for other players on their copy of the game. The other side will just see nothing or whatever part you overwrote, or what you would see without any mods installed.

It’s why I stick with modifying existing parameters or pointing to inaccessible normally in-game stuff, because that way at least, the other party will still see my stuff. Like if you use Han-myeong’s face and hair, that’s in the game data, so everyone can see it. But Elysium’s outfit would be fully added content so no one else could see that.

Not sc6 Cassandra, her weapons fight for her on this one. She even mentions this on story mode. However her “hidden fight” might come to in handy in the future since she is dropping this blessed weapons for sc7.

So you mean she becames possessed while wielding her weapons?

So you mean she becames possessed while wielding her weapons?
Her body moves on its own, she says as much during her Soul Chronicle. She doesn’t know how to fight, and the weapons are doing it for her. She’ll learn by muscle memory eventually, but that’s the current state of things. It can be assumed Sophitia learned the same way. I’ve never heard of Hephaestus giving her private training lessons, he just granted her the holy arms.

Her body moves on its own, she says as much during her Soul Chronicle. She doesn’t know how to fight, and the weapons are doing it for her. She’ll learn by muscle memory eventually, but that’s the current state of things. It can be assumed Sophitia learned the same way. I’ve never heard of Hephaestus giving her private training lessons, he just granted her the holy arms.
I imagine it’s the same deal for Sophitia as well. Her profile basically says she’s just a baker’s daughter and not much else up until Hephaestus sent her off to defeat Cervantes and destroy Soul Edge. Her fighting style is said to be that of Athenian but not much else, no mention of any sword training or nothing. For the likes of Siegfried, Voldo, Zasalamel, and Rock I can understand since it’s quite clear they taught themselves how to fight, but Sophitia’s is questionable to be honest.

Back