Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I have an important question, you see, I’ve bought Setsuka a few days ago, but I am already level D1...... I don’t understand, I don’t like the fact that every characters gain xp when you rise a level with your main. Do you know if I can go back to like F or E with a character that you never played with? :(

I have an important question, you see, I’ve bought Setsuka a few days ago, but I am already level D1...... I don’t understand, I don’t like the fact that every characters gain xp when you rise a level with your main. Do you know if I can go back to like F or E with a character that you never played with? :(
No way of going back. Game does that because you have a character that’s on high rank. I believe you need to have someone on B+ to get a D rank with a new character. Reason is because if you are that high you should already have the fundamentals down so pairing you with people that think that reversal edge is the block button is not fair. Then again sprouts get paired with A rank all the time lol.

So no Yun-seong cameo in Hwng's story, also Mi-na did say Yun "has come a long way" Kappa.
The chronicle itself is pretty cool with many major characters showing up and many secrets being revealed.
Also after beating Mitsurugi's side story yesterday a message popped up that I have unlocked Acht's Museum entry, yet in reality I didn't (clearly a bug). Now after beating Hwang's chronicle it is unlocked (along with others) and it appears many of my speculations about Acht were spot on.
Basically there is Inferno which is the cluster of souls left inside the biggest part of Soul Edge and there are 7 more smaller clusters that split from Inferno when Soul Edge was shattered. Each is paired with a host body of a prominent warrior.

1). Inferno (aka Eins?) + Siegfried aka Nightmare
2). Zwei + Johan Dürer aka Greatblade
3). Drei + ???
4). Vier + Curtis aka Sword of the Inquisitor
5). Fünf + ???
6). Sechs + ???
7). Sieben + ???
8). Acht + Gabok aka Sword of Cursed Flames

This is Inferno's/Nightmare's new inner circle group replacing the old Schwarzstrom that fell apart.

It is interesting that Sechs gets mentioned in the museum archives as a talkative one along with Acht, yet we still don't know who its host is. Vier apparently is a silent one. Zwei is the most powerful, yet doesn't like fighting.
Also I bet Toki absolutely must be one of the hosts.

We also currently have no idea if (how?) Zwei and Z.W.E.I. are connected and why Acht has the same moon tatoo as Z.W.E.I. (can it be that all of Inferno's children have it for some reason?).

Last edited:
So no Yun-seong cameo in Hwng's story, also Mi-na did say Yun "has come a long way" Kappa.
The chronicle itself is pretty cool with many major characters showing up and many secrets being revealed.
Also after beating Mitsurugi's side story yesterday a message popped up that I have unlocked Acht's Museum entry, yet in reality I didn't (clearly a bug). Now after beating Hwang's chronicle it is unlocked (along with others) and it appears many of my speculations about Acht were spot on.
Basically there is Inferno which is the cluster of souls left inside the biggest part of Soul Edge and there are 7 more smaller clusters that split from Inferno when Soul Edge was shattered. Each is paired with a host body of a prominent warrior.

1). Inferno (aka Eins?) + Siegfried aka Nightmare
2). Zwei + Johan Dürer aka Greatblade
3). Drei + ???
4). Vier + Curtis aka Sword of the Inquisitor
5). Fünf + ???
6). Sechs + ???
7). Sieben + ???
8). Acht + Gabok aka Sword of Cursed Flames

This is Inferno's/Nightmare's new inner circle group replacing the old Schwarzstrom that fell apart.

It is interesting that Sechs gets mentioned in the museum archives as a talkative one along with Acht, yet we still don't know who its host is. Vier apparently is a silent one. Zwei is the most powerful, yet doesn't like fighting.
Also I bet Toki absolutely must be one of the hosts.

We also currently have no idea if (how?) Zwei and Z.W.E.I. are connected and why Acht has the same moon tatoo as Z.W.E.I. (can it be that all of Inferno's children have it for some reason?).
Any chance you could share a screenshot of Acht's Museum entry?

Any chance you could share a screenshot of Acht's Museum entry?
Acht:
Acht 1.jpgAcht 2.jpg
Gabok:
Gabok 1.jpgGabok 2.jpg
Dürer:
Durer.jpg
Curtis:
Curtis.jpg

By the way, I like the new icons in characters' move lists.

On the other hand, I think the new stage select screen is a mess. In addition to Hwang's stage four more slots were added with alternative time of the day versions of Silver Wolves' Haven, Shrine of Eurydice, Master Swordman's Cave and Murakumo Shrine Grounds. It's nice to have option, but:
1). The stage select screen now looks bloated as hell with same stages only having cosmetic differences given their own slots next to unique stages.
2). There is no sound logic to the way some stages have alternative time of the day versions to select right away while some still don't. Replica Kaer Morhen, Gairyu Isle and Master Swordman's Cave: Wicked Depths are obvious examples. First two are guest stages, so maybe that's why Project Soul can't mess with them willy-nilly, but with Master Swordman's Cave: Wicked Depths the only possible excuse is that it has three times of the day versions and three clone stages is just too much when Wicked Depths is already a variation of Master Swordman's Cave: Azure Horizon to begin with. Also there are no variations of Kunpaetku Temple: Serpentine Banquet (that changes walls) and Ostrheinsburg Castle: Hall of the Chosen which gets more fiery over time.

I really hope what we have now is just a quick and dirty placeholder and we'll get a completely revamped stage select screen with Season 3 with one slot per stage and submenus for variations. Maybe after hovering over a stage icon we can use L1/R1 to select between variants or they can make submenus similar to costume color selects with such option: 1). Rotating times of the day, 2). Time of the Day A only, 3). Time of the day B only, 4). Time of the day C only, 5). Random. I also wouldn't mind combining Cursed Moonlit Woods and Silver Wolves' Haven together into one stage with multiple variations rotating between rounds as well as somehow combining Master Swordman's Cave: Azure Horizon with Master Swordman's Cave: Wicked Depths.
Rearranged stages were fine when we only had a few stages to select and were desperate for more, but with the inclusion of proper new arenas in Gairyu Isle, Murakumo Shrine Grounds and now Motien Pass Ruins I think we have enough unique stages were all variations (rearranged or not) should be demoted to variations inside standardized submenus.

Last edited:
Random theory:
Hwang vs Durer has one of the classic Destined Battle themes. Could the latter perhaps be made an actual character in the future, perhaps as to a version of Geralt for the main roster?

And if they get rid of Azwel for some reason, maybe Soo-Hyun would be the new magician. Or maybe a spiritual successor to Viola?

After playing the new story content for Soulcalibur VI, I now ship Mi Na and Hwang together alongside Groh and Curtis together. Fight me.
Yeah Hwang and Mina was the original ship but since Hwang was absent for sooo long, MIna and Yun-seong became the ship i guess. Still salty Yun-seong didnt cameo. I thought we haven't confirmed if Groh is still alive? Maybe i missed it somewhere.

Yeah Hwang and Mina was the original ship but since Hwang was absent for sooo long, MIna and Yun-seong became the ship i guess. Still salty Yun-seong didnt cameo. I thought we haven't confirmed if Groh is still alive? Maybe i missed it somewhere.
Mina and Hwang became my favorite ship as it dwells into their relationship for a bit.

Back