Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I would love a Soul Calibur HD collection

I would only want this providing there were quality of life improvements to the games. Apart from the usual higher resolution, greater framerate stability and functional online, minimal native input delay is an absolute must, especially SC5 which is horrendous. Going from SC6 on PS4 to SC5 on PS3 is just awful, I don't know how anyone can defend the input delay in that game.

I would only want this providing there were quality of life improvements to the games. Apart from the usual higher resolution, greater framerate stability and functional online, minimal native input delay is an absolute must, especially SC5 which is horrendous. Going from SC6 on PS4 to SC5 on PS3 is just awful, I don't know how anyone can defend the input delay in that game.
I played scv on Xbox and it was good, played 4 in ps3 and it was awful, I mean ps3 had issues with inputlag of early gen fighting games this was known thing, but didn't knew sc5 was that bad on ps3 since other end gen fgs as tag2 and marvel 3 were solid on ps3.

SC5 let you be very sloppy on commands : 236236 A+B+K could be something like 2636 A+B+K lol while commands in SC6 like 214B could drop to 1B if you don't time your 4 and B together

Fuck.

SC6 Servey is not open anymore.PNG

English translation of Okubo's latest tweet (less than an hour ago):

"However, the more people you don't want to get involved with, the more you don't chase after them."

Confused Thinking GIF

In conjunction with shutting down the opinion form, is that a reaction to those "I'm gonna vocally DEMAND THIS AND THAT IMPROVEMENT FOR MUH PRODUCT!!!" people?
Confused...

EDIT: source:

Last edited:
English translation of Okubo's latest tweet (less than an hour ago):

"However, the more people you don't want to get involved with, the more you don't chase after them."

Confused Thinking GIF

In conjunction with shutting down the opinion form, is that a reaction to those "I'm gonna vocally DEMAND THIS AND THAT IMPROVEMENT FOR MUH PRODUCT!!!" people?
Confused...

EDIT: source:
Untitled.png

I've been scratching my head for the past 20 minutes what this all means but it appears to be something corporate, possibly to do with that Japanese Fighting Game Federation given the response from this Fighting EX Layer dev.

Google is failing y'all. lol

"You know, the more you don't wanna be involved with people, the more they come after you. lol"
"Do you mean me? (Footsteps approaching)"

"Nooooooo, stay awaayyyyyyy!

No, not you, Mihara."

"Huh? I'm already standing behind you, though."
Now, as to what this is all about, who knows. They might just be fucking around.

Last edited:
How do you guys feel about more movesets based on european historical swordsmanship ? I know swords are done to death, but here are a couple of videos from another game that has some polished movesets (really good witcher 3 level mo-cap combined with lifeless ragdoll physics makes it look funny)

Long Sword:
Come SC7 I welcome a moveset similar to this as an alternative to Mitsurugi as the Jack-of-all-trades introductory character (since Geralt won't be returning). Seems like there's a lot of different stances

Eastern European sabres (and if you are ok with gore)
Sabre/scimitar fighting styles seem to have a lot of fluid sweeping motions sometimes as subtle as only a flick of the wrist to leverage the cutting power. I'd like to see Central Asia/middle eastern scimitar fighting styles as well, as the weapon design was very wide spread.

Rapier:
Already done twice, but I also like some of the counter-thrust animations but the intense baroque music is very fitting

It'll have to be anime'd up a bit to fit in SC but seeing this in action gives me a bit more appreciation for movesets based on historical martial arts rather than anime fantasy based.

The way these weapon who literally looks like the same thing would fit with this filler character who no one cares.
Ludovigo.jpg

Back