SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Project Soul had someone like Ed Boon to make hype ;/
I don't think that would work, nor be the best idea. Mortal Kombat is one of those franchises that is synonymous with the genre, like Street Fighter, its in a greater level than Soul Calibur, thats why Boon's hype works, but even then, Boon is a troll sometimes, as he constantly hints at things that end nowhere (he even teased a Fighter Pack 4, supposedly because of I2 getting best Fighting Game in GotY), so it would just make the developer from Namco be seen as an asshole.

SCV was geared toward attracting newcomers, SC6 is geared toward old school SC players who miss sc1-sc2. Aris's assessment of sc6 (so far) basically says that this game feels more like older SC's in terms of movement and tracking verticals. Soul charge returns, and meterless GI returns. This is clearly marketed for the veterans.

That's not to say that newcomers won't play it, but I don't think that's the focus this time

SCV was geared toward attracting newcomers, SC6 is geared toward old school SC players who miss sc1-sc2. Aris's assessment of sc6 (so far) basically says that this game feels more like older SC's in terms of movement and tracking verticals. Soul charge returns, and meterless GI returns. This is clearly marketed for the veterans.

That's not to say that newcomers won't play it, but I don't think that's the focus this time
There is nothing in SC5 that indicates it was meant for newcomers, it was simply an attempt to bring new faces into the roster because SC4 didn't have enough attention. This has absolutely nothing to do with new players, specially considering that the gameplay had became relatively more complicated now that all characters had extended combos, which means that veterans, who knew the basics from the start, would always have an advantage. Also, soul charge does not work in the same way as before and meterless GI only is a thing again because people hated to spend meter on GI.

You forgot that they added a whole new mechanic (RE) dedicated to newcomers, so clearly they are not aiming only for veterans, and the way the game looks it's way flashier than previous Soul Caliburs to make it much more fun to watch and that's another way to attract new people.

Also the new GIs are way more simplified and easy to use for newcomers too, if they were aiming for veterans they would've let 4 and 3 GI in.

SCV absolutely was geared towards newcomers.
It was NOT.

Uh, why can't you lunatics agree that literally every game has had mechanics that cater to veterans and newcomers alike? Why does this concept have to exist in a vacuum?
Literally every new game has new mechanics, regardless of who they're geared to nothing in SC5 indicates anything was geared towards newcomers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back